Barca v City Post Match Thread

Of all games to call out a player, you pick this one to call out Otamendi? Just say tour Miss likes the beard, and you are not big on having competition around. :)

I call out Otamendi because I am tired of seeing him facing our other defenders. He runs around like a Labrador that has found the feint scent of a woman on heat, sliding in 40 yards from goal, out on the left wing, out on the right, in fact everywhere but central defence. He is the Daniel Sturridge of defenders, plays for himself at the expense of the team. His style lends itself to looking excellent some games, winning tackles and sometimes dominant in the air but more often than not he is a primitive defender that costs us time and time again.

I said in pre season that the team was ill equipped to play the type of football that Pep wants. And just like Mourinho he's pretty one dimensional The difference is he's one dimensional in an attractive way. But if I were Pep I'd be thinking why when I come to Spain do I keep getting dicked. It happened with Bayern twice and they have far better players than we do.

I suppose we will just throw money at it and wait for Messi to retire. But for me Ancelotti is a the best out there. He arrives at a club, surveys the scenes and adapts his style of play to the players at his disposal.

It will be enjoyable football this year but I will be surprised if we win anything. Too much comedy defending I am afraid and that is due to the coach demanding players do things that technically they can't.

Are you saying we shouldn't have got pep in then?

Fuck me, it'll take time to get in who he wants but we'll get there.

I call out Otamendi because I am tired of seeing him facing our other defenders. He runs around like a Labrador that has found the feint scent of a woman on heat, sliding in 40 yards from goal, out on the left wing, out on the right, in fact everywhere but central defence. He is the Daniel Sturridge of defenders, plays for himself at the expense of the team. His style lends itself to looking excellent some games, winning tackles and sometimes dominant in the air but more often than not he is a primitive defender that costs us time and time again.
Thank fuck you don't manage city.

Totally agree mate.

It's cringeworthy that some think we are ever going to reach the level of the likes of Barca - we seem further away than ever. And the so called best manager in the world...hmmm.

We edged the game for 55 minutes tonight and one slip up cost us.

We're not "further away than ever"

Ok - so calmed down a bit and it's not all that bad - yes we have had a poor run which every team goes through, rather now than later. Several of the players are still learning a new way of playing, one which seems foreign to them, they will adjust or be moved on. We are still top of the league, qualifying for the next stage is still in our own hands, and we have a great manager. The only gripe for me is we need to get shut of our ageing full backs in Jan and we should be fine - Pep will know this. I'd also like to see more of Sane and some of the younger players given a chance.

The formation and line-up was on point imo, that evident before the red card as Barca had only 4 shots and scored a goal from some clumsy defending and mistake. After that playing 10 men away was never going to be easy. Bravo really let everyone down, more so the lack of finishing rather with Aguero or without him.

This is Pep biggest project everyone should've known it'll take time, with the way he's been acting it seems he knows, he has work to do, but atm this is the ebst he can do.

On the side note Gundo was really good and seems to be improving each game, aside from assisting Messi today, he was all over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.