Barca v City Post Match Thread

No one's jumping the gun. However, if Jesus is a world class player and the early signs are good, it is possible that he will make an impact quickly; it's also possible that he will take time to settle or not fulfill his potential or... He does look a tough little chap though so I like his chances of doing well for us.

World Class and Gabriel Jesus in the same sentence is the definition of jumping the gun

World Class and Gabriel Jesus in the same sentence is the definition of jumping the gun
Perhaps.

I actually didn't think much of Jesus when I infrequently watched him - but he keeps scoring. He may well be world class.

But I agree - let's wait and see how he performs once he's in our side.

Point is, your post suggested he was feigning injury when in fact he was actually injured from the foul. Not that a booking is mandated when you injure another but the foul alone was bookable. However, intimating that Geri milked it is bonkers considering he had to be subbed off - are you implying that he feigned injury and being subbed off?

I dont think Silva touched him,at a push,maybe brushed his lower leg......if anything it was the player theatrically throwing himself to the ground that may have been responsible for any injury.
For all their talent,their antics were pathetic in the main.

That is a very good point, I have posted similar on the Jesus thread, somebody replied his mum his coming with him, so that's alright then? I still think patience is required with young guys from different countries/cultures coming to City.
Regards last night have watched the game, and agree with most on here that we were good (apart from bad finishing) up to Bravo' s concentration melt down, which leads me to a point. Imagine we are in a final, all is going well and Bravo does something similar, leading to defeat, it is not something to be ruled out, Pep needs to sort this, similar could have happened at the swamp with shrek!
Apart from that we play good football but need to be more ruthless with finishing :-)

Yes the evidence so far is pointing towards Bravo being a big liability. He certainly cost us any chance of getting something out of the the game last night and almost undid all our good work in the first 40 mins at the swamp. Hopefully he will prove to be more reliable as the season progresses but the omens are not good.
I still can't make up my mind about how well or badly we performed last night. Sure we were on top for parts of the match but Barca had a makeshift defence and appeared unusually subdued which of course may have been a result of our good play. While it is probably true to say that we deserved better than the 4-0 scoreline at the end of the day we were let down again by the twin demons that have started to afflict our play. Firstly a distinct lack of a cutting edge up front which is ruining some excellent play in the middle of the pitch. Secondly the seemingly unending defensive errors which amount to literally throwing the ball in our own net. If both these shortcomings are not sorted out fast Pep will be facing what will amount to the first major crisis of his managerial career to date.

I dont think Silva touched him,at a push,maybe brushed his lower leg......if anything it was the player theatrically throwing himself to the ground that may have been responsible for any injury.
For all their talent,their antics were pathetic in the main.

So Gerard injured himself by simulating there was a foul when there wasn't? Hard to see this as a credible theory

Perhaps.

I actually didn't think much of Jesus when I infrequently watched him - but he keeps scoring. He may well be world class.

But I agree - let's wait and see how he performs once he's in our side.

I like the player, I liked him more than Gabigol who even Barcelona was more closely linked to - but world class is tossed around far too easily. Let's see how he does

Point is, your post suggested he was feigning injury when in fact he was actually injured from the foul. Not that a booking is mandated when you injure another but the foul alone was bookable. However, intimating that Geri milked it is bonkers considering he had to be subbed off - are you implying that he feigned injury and being subbed off?

I'm implying that the referee decided to yellow card Siva based on how long the player spent on the ground and not on the actual foul itself as he made no indication that he was going to get his card out. Which by the way is what I said originally.

I like the player, I liked him more than Gabigol who even Barcelona was more closely linked to - but world class is tossed around far too easily. Let's see how he does
+1
Can't argue with that. Still, the potential upside of Jesus is exciting.

Whats hard to understand?

He threw himself to the ground when Silva 'challenged' him.

And in the process injured his ankle so that he could be subbed out of a big match and miss the next two important Primera Liga matches?

Me thinks the username might just say it all, fantasy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.