Barca v City Post Match Thread

I'm implying that the referee decided to yellow card Siva based on how long the player spent on the ground and not on the actual foul itself as he made no indication that he was going to get his card out. Which by the way is what I said originally.

Ahh, that's different and I don't disagree with that implication although it would appear that, inexplicably, Silva was booked for either dissent or something else due to how long after before being booked. I was shocked he wasn't booked at the time and even among other socis in the crowd we were a bit dumbfounded when the ref finally booked David. If anything, it showed how inconsistent he was throughout the match. Wasn't even sure he'd send Bravo off, yet had no problem booking Mathieu quite quickly for both stupid challenges

Consistency, I'd like more of that

And in the process injured his ankle so that he could be subbed out of a big match and miss the next two important Primera Liga matches?

Me thinks the username might just say it all, fantasy
Now you get it.....thats exactly how it looked to me - the big jessie.

If Pep is the best manager in the world he better start showing it sooner rather than later.

His decision with the goalkeeping position is baffling and extremely worrying.
hows it baffling? He wants s goal keeper who's good with his feet And despite his mistake yesterday and all of the blue moon goalkeeper experts who've suddenly popped up, He's very good with his feet and the reason why we're so good at creating chances( shite at finishing them ) is because it often starts with bravo and if he just lumped it everytime he got the ball we wouldn't create even half the chances we do or have the amount of possession we have. Surely it's not hard to see this?

Yes he'll take risks and he'll make mistakes but if you can't see he's a better fit for us than hart then I'm sorry you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Also you do relise he takes risks to create space and to bypass pressure. If he played the simple pass everytime We'd get no were and it would be pointless.

hows it baffling? He wants s goal keeper who's good with his feet And despite his mistake yesterday and all of the blue moon goalkeeper experts who've suddenly popped up, He's very good with his feet and the reason why we're so good at creating chances( shite at finishing them ) is because it often starts with bravo and if he just lumped it everytime he got the ball we wouldn't create even half the chances we do or have the amount of possession we have. Surely it's not hard to see this?

Yes he'll take risks and he'll make mistakes but if you can't see he's a better fit for us than hart then I'm sorry you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Also you do relise he takes risks to create space and to bypass pressure. If he played the simple pass everytime We'd get no were and it would be pointless.
What was he actually doing last night? If he had just caught the ball he probably would have got a yellow as there were two defenders in close proximity so Suarez would not have been denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Instead he elected to pass to Suarez, that is more than a risk it is sheer bloody lunacy.

D
What was he actually doing last night? If he had just caught the ball he probably would have got a yellow as there were two defenders in close proximity so Suarez would not have been denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Instead he elected to pass to Suarez, that is more than a risk it is sheer bloody lunacy.
Doubt he elected to pass to suarez just made a mistake as happens unfortunately compounded by hand balling outside area and getting sent off

Last night's attendance - 96,290 - Have we played in front of a bigger crowd this season ?.
Was thinking of the friendly in Melbourne vs. Real Madrid.at Melbourne Cricket Ground - ?93,000 ? maybe

One thing I noticed throughout Everton and last night is Ottomendis distribution. Good defender, love his commitment, but Pep needs to tell him to always pass close. He always tries a killer pass straight ahead into middle of park.
Nearly every time it is to a player with an opponent pressing and we nearly always lose the ball .
Just give it to someone close who is better at it! It will save a lot of grief.
Also, in both games generally, we just gave the ball away unnecessarily too many times.

I didn't say that it was.

This is the your post that I was replying to.

Blue_eyes said:
Keepers were the difference tonight, theirs was unflustered and competent, ours, well pep did want to sign him didnt he.

I replied with this.

"Eh? He kicked the ball out to touch about half a dozen times in the first half".

I was saying that theirs was not unflustered.
Lol, this is dragging on a bit and I was warned that posting comments online would result in petty arguments so this is my last reply to you, but I still think their keeper was more unflustered than ours in terms of errors that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had to work along side a rag all day long, smirking and making snide comments while watching City fans return from yesterday's match. All the time, I just kept my mouth closed and never said a word, just thinking to myself 'what an utter knob you are' and so stereotypical of the shithouses they are.
Thank heavens I don't have to work alongside this tosser often.
I can't stand 'em.

We look jumpy as hell fannying around with the ball at the back. There is no point kicking it long as we are a team of midgets but what's the point of a keeper with 'good feet' if those around him look like he's thrown a hand grenade on the floor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.