Barca v City Post Match Thread

Until we go to places like Barca and Bayern or even Anfield and turn in a respectable performance, we cannot be considered a top-tier team.

I'm hopeful it will come but, until it does, there are going to be some painful evenings ahead of us.

Let's face it we don't beat any half decent sides nowadays. Can't remember us beating a top side for ages, maybe the Dippers in the CC.

The saving grace today is Celtic lost to BMG granted a draw would have been better. We need to get back on form in the CL, not that we aren't mind. We had more shots and shots on target before the red card. I would have rather taken the 2nd goal than go down to 10 men.

We played well, even when a man down we created a few chances. We also need to have better boots and train on slippy ice. Gutted that the score went to 4-0 but at least we went toe to toe.

Terrible errors at the back and as usual really wasteful in the last third. That is a really bad combo and as much as people say we played really well, we got exactly what we deserved for such sloppiness.

Not as bad as the scoreline suggests, but there's a fundamental problem with us that was there even with both Pellegrini and Mancini when we play in what we would deem the "big games".

We look great working the ball forward, but then we get into the box and the final ball or the finish is poor. Eventually we get caught at the back and then our desperation to push high up the pitch, more and more errors occur. Our defending isn't as bad as it seems, most of the time it's compensating or having it's work totally undone by us not putting our chances away.

It showed in the Manchester derby, we absolutely ripped them apart yet towards the end they were almost allowed back into it.

If we're going to play football with such a high line we need to be more clinical than we are.

I just don't get Bravo and am not convinced in any way he is a step up from Jo. Don't get why we cant give our players the appropriate studs for a watered pitch...apart from that I thought we were ok compared to the humpings we have received in the past there

Sorry lads, I'm Pep and Barca supporter and my words could be harsh.

It was painful. Even without Bravo's blunder too many mistakes, Kola set up first goal. And then Messi decided.

Pep took 9 goals in 3 games vs Barca. And it's not the end, I'm afraid spanking will continue at Ethihad. City players mentally quite weak. Kev has been average at best today. Kola, Zaba and Oto should be replaced by better players.

Seltic lost, so it very possible 3rd place in the group in the end.

Will team raise at weekend? It was one of this defeat when everything may go wrong after.

Poor Pep. And fans. And it was a shite game overall.

Go tell your mates on the Barca forum as you have spent enough time on here trolling and wumming.

4 defensive fuck ups.. 4 goals conceded. Bravo has been bought for 1 reason and 1 reason alone and tonight he couldn't do it and it cost us the game as we were the better team until then. Easy chances missed. Pep will be fuckin fuming

Sorry,,,, can anyone tell me why Aguero and Kelechi were missing from the starting lineup? The attack looked really blunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.