Barca v City Post Match Thread

We have one top striker and he didn't play so if we had 3 and they were all on the bench how would that have helped? How would a top striker stopped the bravo cock up?
I think if we had 3 top strikers to choose from then we may have had a better option than starting with 5 midfielders.

Battered us. As expected. Hey ho. Anybody that didn't expect that was living in cloud cuckoo land. Not on the same planet.
Still, not arsed, as long as we do well in the PL.

Thought we did alright, but luck wasn't on our side (again) Not going to top the group now and if we dont get a win against Gladbach will miss out on 2nd.
The draw with Celtic could come back and haunt us.

Anybody that thought we 'played well' is living on a different planet. We were absolutely schooled. Never looked like winning. Rarely looked like scoring. Huge difference between the teams. Not sure what game some people were watching. WE. GOT. HAMMERED. End of story.

Totally agree mate.

It's cringeworthy that some think we are ever going to reach the level of the likes of Barca - we seem further away than ever. And the so called best manager in the world...hmmm.

Then you don't "totally" agree with me.

There are some posters who have a ridiculously high idea of where we are currently, others who have a ridiculously high expectation of where we should be 4 months into the new manager's tenure and yet others who have ridiculously pessimistic view of where we will be in due course. I'm looking at you Yaya.

Just support man and let it play out.

Barca played poorly tonight, and not all of that was down to us making them play poorly. They replaced two of their main defenders and still we fail to score. If the game had ended 4-3 or 3-2, then I'd agree that the evidence supported a narrowing of the gap. But what could have been 5-0 without the penalty miss does not a narrowing a gap make!
The score is simply indicative of the Bravo error. Barca didn't play well because we didn't let them. The fact that you recognized Barca played poorly says it all. They were stymied for 55 minutes. Scored on a slip-up by Dihno and then took over once they went a man up. We are not as good Vas Barca and we don't have Messi either, but we sure looked their equals there for a good period. And that's why we are closer.

Battered us. As expected. Hey ho. Anybody that didn't expect that was living in cloud cuckoo land. Not on the same planet.
Still, not arsed, as long as we do well in the PL.
You really think that? My advice to you would be to watch the match as it unfolded, stop being a knobhead, and have a mature and sensible appraisal of the game. Even the rags who watched the game with me couldn't bring themselves to say we looked out of our depth. Give your head a wobble - and set your alarm clock - school in the morning.

Anybody that thought we 'played well' is living on a different planet. We were absolutely schooled. Never looked like winning. Rarely looked like scoring. Huge difference between the teams. Not sure what game some people were watching. WE. GOT. HAMMERED. End of story.
You either watched a different game, or are a rag. The latter is obvious to some of us!

Oh dear, some of the ultra blues getting upset. As usual. As it happens, boys, I was there in '68 when we brought the 1st division cup home. Still, if you think we were anywhere near that lot tonight, carry on dreaming. If it makes you sleep better. We were schooled. End of story. No shame. Premier league is all that counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.