Barcelona 2nd Leg

mancitymick said:
We have no option but to play two upfornt.

Wouldn't agree with that necessarily. I think we've got plenty of options. Even playing what was notionally a more defensive side the other night we created enough chances to score two goals. I'm sure, pending fitness, Nasri will come in for Kolarov - with him, Silva and Jovetic (or possibly Navas) behind Aguero, we've got more than enough firepower to to do the job.

How can we not play 2 up front?! It's a must if we are to have any chance. If it fails and we lose the game, we are in the same position we were in at kick off. If it works and we manage to grab 2 goals, well who knows after that? You don't go into the second leg of a game at 2 goals down and play cautious, there's nothing to be cautious about. With 2 up front I give us more than a fighting chance, I think we will actually do what is needed - score 2 goals. It's up to the boys at the back then to keep us in it.
Can't wait.

I know this is going to sound mad but I think I'd prefer to be losing than defending a lead at the nou camp. That second goal hasn't done us any favours but all city fans and players will go in with a nothing to lose attitude. I've been hearing all week at work that we are out and won't get near the ball, but I know we can do these. Wasn't that impressed with them the other night, we score before they do and they will shit it.

If we score an early goal first then confidence will be back and it could shake Barca a little.

Let's just go for it with the aim of getting it to extra time, it probably wont happen but let's go for it.

I don't care if we play 2 up front, 5 up front, 7 up front as long as we go for it & just play to our potential because I think we can do it. In fact I KNOW we can do it. We are Manchester City we fight to the end.

As I said to a pessimistic friend on the way home on Tuesday: it ain't over till the fat lady sings & I haven't sung yet!!!!

Would love to do what is needed in normal time but if we are two nil up going into extra time I would really fancy us to finish the job. Barca would be stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they commit players to grab the winner then they will leave themselves exposed to that sucker punch we've seen many times before in Europe. From a phycological point of view had we just lost one nil in the first leg, we still need to score two to avoid pens. This isn't as big an ask as it looks to overturn this. I think also our lads have under estimated themselves against Barca and know it, going off Kompany's post match interview. I know he will get inside the teams heads along with the manager to do to Barca what we did to Chelsea. I for one can't wait for the 2nd leg. We will hit the ground running in this one I can feel it in my bones.

gladi8abod said:
Play hart,zabba,kolarov,kompany ( richards@centre half next to vinny)the other 3have had enough chances to impress&throw him forward at every corner "free kick etc to cause mayhem in the air"yaya fernandinho silva,aguero dzeko&the beast!!! Can't see the likes of mascherano /alves winning many headers off dzeko/beast play3up front & launch it at every opportunity so dzeko/beast can knock down the headers to aguero in central area with siva &yaya picking up the 2nd balls!! Pointless trying to play your way thro ,iniesta ,xavi ,fabregas etc,only piquet/busquets with any height !! It certainly would be a culture shock what have we got to lose.???? Get Richards fit by playing alongside vinny in next 3games too get an understanding of each other & he wouldn't be as exposed as he usually his @right back,get kolarov to fire balls in from all angles &feed off the scraps:-)&smash a few free kicks in if given the opportunity!!

Not for me I'm afraid.

Agree with your sentiment that the others have not put down a marker but don't think Richards is the answer

First goal will be crucial at Barca. I think two goals to force extra time is not wildly unrealistic, and I wouldn't be too worried if we didn't score early on. Sometimes you can score early against a top side then feel that you need to protect your lead, especially away from home. If we manage to score and not concede with 20mins to go, we'll smell blood and I'm sure we'd have enough motivation to get another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.