Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Re: Respect

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Anybody else lost a little respect for Barcelona over the last two games.

This isn't a claim that we deserved more than we got or that we were on the receiving end of bad decisions but just in general.

Before we played them I looked at Iniesta and Neymar and simply saw two top class players but now (after tonight especially) I couldn't help but notice the way they threw themselves to the ground. The entire team for that matter seemed to fall at the slightest touch. And worse than that was the way they hounded the referee to get several of our players in the book. Shocking for a team that's supposed to be one of the best in the world. Pathetic even.

Yes reminded me of Chelsea hounding the ref, even when he showed a yellow card they still moaned for more, on several occasions he was going to just give a foul until they hounded him, the Kompany and Kolorov's were pathetic and would not even have been a foul in prem.

That said this is what the CL brings with it, I am afraid it wont change, I seem to spend all night wondering what the hell the ref is going to do next,.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm --<br /><br />
Manchester_City_Blue said:
Anybody else lost a little respect for Barcelona over the last two games.

This isn't a claim that we deserved more than we got or that we were on the receiving end of bad decisions but just in general.

Before we played them I looked at Iniesta and Neymar and simply saw two top class players but now (after tonight especially) I couldn't help but notice the way they threw themselves to the ground. The entire team for that matter seemed to fall at the slightest touch. And worse than that was the way they hounded the referee to get several of our players in the book. Shocking for a team that's supposed to be one of the best in the world. Pathetic even.

Yes reminded me of Chelsea hounding the ref, even when he showed a yellow card they still moaned for more, on several occasions he was going to just give a foul until they hounded him, the Kompany and Kolorov's were pathetic and would not even have been a foul in prem.

That said this is what the CL brings with it, I am afraid it wont change, I seem to spend all night wondering what the hell the ref is going to do next,.

As a city fan im proud of that performance tonight, showed up and showed that we are that top team that should be feared.

Carstairs said:
I just want to say that I thought Lescott was fantastic tonight, I know tha I've knocked him at times, but he was great tonight.

Well he was at fault for the goal. The pass that he sent wayward could have been a very Demi like mistake if Neymar could have scored.
That said his passing was pretty spot except that one.

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
You wouldn't know wisdom if I bit you in the **** with it.
I have never met such an ignorant imbecile in all my years. I'm no longer even willing to attempt to debate with someone such as yourself.
Luckily for you, you've never met me you rag twat.

Re: Respect

I respect their talent, stamina and tactical diligence but obviously have never and will never respect their tendencies as individuals- the diving and whinning and everything. Ultimately it is a professional high stakes game and they do what they have to do. It sucks but that is the way it is.

samharris said:
We were not going to win tonight no matter how we played..this is how its always going to be im afraid.. they tried with FFP this has failed,so they instruct the refs.. pellegrini can see it hence he's in the stands..
They should have had a penalty and a goal that weren't given too. It's not about being against us, it's about the officials being sub-standard.

Dailymail, YCNMIU

Fernandinho was sent off for City for a second booking.

Neymar had another opportunity to give Barcelona three-goal cushion on the night, capitalising on Gael Clichy's slip only for Joe Hart to tip his low effort into the side-netting.

Fernandinho was sent off for a second bookable offence after complaining to the referee for not giving what looked like a clear penalty for Gerard Pique's tackle on Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.