Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Well played City. Proud of our performance, despite the referee.
Just goes to show the gulf in class between the Spanish league and the Prem tho, there's no team that would do that to us in England.

SWP's back said:
citymacc said:
kupest said:
What did he say? Don't usually get them here for the CL matches.

"We've got nothing left in the tank, we gave everything. We could have scored earlier which would have changed the game.

"You have to take your half chances against the best teams. Over the course of the two games there was not much between the sides. Lionel Messi is incredible player but outside of that it was even.

"It was a clear penalty as well. Edin Dzeko was in position to shoot and his trigger foot was caught.

"Only the winners get remembered but it's only our third season in the Champions League. The way we have played means we should fear nobody next season and our time will come."
bollocks Kompany, Irwell the twat disagrees.

I bow to his superior knowledge ;-)

tommybooth said:
GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
Very, very proud of those lads tonight & very, very proud of our fans as well. Vincent Kompany take a bow also for that post match interview. Measured, intelligent & calm. Well done everyone.

I am very proud to be a City fan tonight, just going to see whether the BBC say we were brave as they did for Arsenal last night. Anyone willing to give me odds?

No - we crashed out of another competition and winning just the CO Cup will be a poor season for a club that has spent 109 trillion pounds

its not that much you tit

Sorry I meant euros

I thought we were excellent, even against a Barca tram that also rediscovered their mojo. And we were gipped by the ref of course. It's tough enough to play Barca with a full team not to mind being a man short.

BTW: Kompany; what a fucking player.

We can hold our heads high. And so can our fans - they were brilliant.

Ed2607 said:
nmc said:
Rammy Blue said:
Redknapp is an utter ****.

Couldn't cope with watching the post match crap. What did Jamie the thick wit say tonight.

Souness very praising as always, Redknap says that after us spending 100s of millions, only winning the Capitol Cup will be a complete failure of a season.

On this occasion(not the 100s of millions spent comment)he is bang on. It would be a huge failure.

Not sure I know how to feel about this and the Wigan result.

If we had played Vinny, Zabba and Ferd against Wigan I think we would have won but maybe could have been beaten more heavily tonight although I doubt it.

Is a credible defeat in the chumps league more important than getting to an FA Cup semi? - not for me but maybe the powers that be care more about Europe.

Hope we kick on from this in the league - at least we can focus 100% on it now.

super_city_si said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Not bad. Did a few great things, there were a few great performances but also a few poor things and a few players not at the level of our best or the opposition. Still a fair way to go for us.

I'm fairly happy with us.

I absolutely hate the Champions League. I will now rename it the "Dive-FreeKick League". It a the worst example of this sport going. Truly awful. An awful advert for the game. Not how this sport should be played. Not what this sport is supposed to be. Gamesmanship to the maximum. Appalling officiating. Just an awful competition.

Bang on. Its becoming a joke. Give me the premier league anyday. There has to be fair physicality in this game. Its going to be non touch soon, if it isn't already and that will be the death knell for me.
I'd rather we took up a first grade team to the Lancashire Cup than have to play in that fucking joke of a competition again. It's just awful. The most infuriating things I think I've ever witnessed in this sport have been in Europe.

That clueless dick who was running round all game and didn't know the rules of the game at all at home to Kiev, the dick head booking everyone in sight in Porto for fuck all, the idiot who wouldn't give us two stonewall penalties in München, the constant stop-start-stop-start games against Madrid and Dortmund and München and Barça at home, the penalty not given in the last minute against Ajax, and it's not just against us as Barça had two clear goals chalked off against us (one at home, one away) and the plenalty where Lescott brought down Messi, then the gutless twat tonight not giving us a penalty and booking every City player in sight.

i♥city! said:
Cousillas showed MP how we should have played them in the 1st leg.
Well thank you for your wisdom. I didn't realise that Pellers had to stay away from the team during the week as well. What a stupid fucking comment.

Feed the Elk said:
Spot the error(s)

Idiots

ebe9y5y2.jpg

I'm sure even the official champs league coverage said that Kompany had been sent off!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.