Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

mancitymark said:
If the tit of a manager we have had done his sums in the last group game, we would still be in this competition.

End of

This does my head in, this type of remark. Too many people post on here with ideas, assumptions, and maybes, and actually think if he/we/they had have done this ( the image in their head) it actually would've happened that way!!!??
Fuck sake.

strongbowholic said:
Brave performance. Shite ref (I'll never call Anthony Friend ever again after to seeing the joker tonight). Just have to take it out on everyone else in the league and romp home in style.
This. I hope Joe was saying to Vinny at the end and Vinny says it to the rest of the team, 'Let's go take our anger and kick the ever-lovin sh8t out of whoever gets in our way until the end of the season.'

mickeyblueeyes said:
SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
Too many people on here seem to think that was a really good performance, but it wasn't. Barcelona were playing within themselves for most of the game, scored both goals at precisely the times they needed to in order to keep things under control and could easily have run away with it. To cap things off, we have multiple players missing our next European games.

It was tactical naivety from the management team and I think it will end up costing the team dearly. As much as I don't want it to happen, I think it will cost us our confidence, it will cost us the league and ultimately I wouldn't be shocked if it cost Pellegrini his job.
You have the right to talk bollocks and fair play to you for using that right.
To be fair it wasn't a really good performance, there's a lot wrong with what we did and a few payers not up to the standard of the rest. I'm still happy with us but we weren't fantastic and have a long way still to go to get to the very elite level.

My assessment is not bad, fairly happy.

Best work Milner has done for us was always on the right working with silva and nasri on left with Kolarov on left has been devastating earlier this season yet Manager kept Milner left where he failed to hold up and play Kolarov in for his crosses time and again. Wrong team was picked in first game and wrong changes at wrong time this game. Barca we're let off the hook in this tie due to Pellers mistakes. Aguero was off pace from first minute why didn't he signal he was hampering team with injury by staying on.
Why Silva went off I'm fucking lost for words

mick10 said:
Wow! Quite a high opinion of yourself don't you. Clearly you're right and the vast majority of fans on here who are happy with the teams performance are mistaken? Arrogance in abundance.
Yes, quite clearly the majority of you are wrong if that's what you believe. The fact is that they could, and probably should, have had more goals. Do you think it's a coincidence that they scored so quickly after our goal too? Are we a good team? Yes, no doubt, and I don't think we are a huge amount behind Barcelona. We were, however, soundly beaten over two legs, and I think we have underachieved so far under the current management team. Scored a lot of goals, yes, but burnt out as a result, with the naive tactics both early on in the season and the last few weeks having cost us dearly.

Blue Haze said:
They outclassed us, that's all there was to it.

Congrats Barca, you're better.

Bollock, they scored 1 goal against us over 2 legs when it was 11 v 11

jake28 said:
Ed2607 said:
nmc said:
Couldn't cope with watching the post match crap. What did Jamie the thick wit say tonight.

Souness very praising as always, Redknap says that after us spending 100s of millions, only winning the Capitol Cup will be a complete failure of a season.

On this occasion(not the 100s of millions spent comment)he is bang on. It would be a huge failure.

Yes. Right. Huge.

Wonder what that makes the rags season?

ffs

mick10 said:
mancitymark said:
If the tit of a manager we have had done his sums in the last group game, we would still be in this competition.

End of

This does my head in, this type of remark. Too many people post on here with ideas, assumptions, and maybes, and actually think if he/we/they had have done this ( the image in their head) it actually would've happened that way!!!??
Fuck sake.

Yeah, it's like people think that we simply needed to want the goal and we'd have scored it

Maybe it would have been a great performance if its the first game of the tie.

but we started it 2-0 down. There wasnt a moment where it got really bad for Barca in first half they were unlucky not up to 1-0 at least, only great moments for us came at around 50th minute two good chances missed by us, but even then Messi had a great chance (woodwork), and after that we were unlucky with the ref, Lescott brainfuck when we scored a goal it was too late for anything...

Imagine if the home game ended at 0-0, Barca would have put lot more energy into the game in first half they didnt need to as they were 2-0 up already.

We wanted to make sure we are at 0-0 at worst in first half, we did well in that, apart from conceding a goal that wasnt really offside and giving away a pen by Lescott that wasnt given, while only one chance missed by NAsri but 0-0 wasnt bad as that was the gameplan. I didnt like the gameplan, but looking back it was the plan, 0-0 at HT and then bring more energy to attacks and hopefully score one and from 1-0 up we copuld go mental. But we never scored when we really needed, Zabba's miss was so bad...

Did we lose in pride, well we fought hard vs a better team, tried what we could, and we ended up losing the tie 4-1.
For me losing in pride is what PSG did vs them last year, 0-0 and 2-2 in two games and only losing by away goals scored.
Losing 4-1 is something different.
Losing to a wigan side is also something that puts it into different perspective. We had players on bench to make sure they will be up for today. We lost that game, lost this as well.
Maybe the league...

Kompany was world class. I can only imagine how good he'll be when he doesn't have to play both center back positions.

Possibly the worst refereeing display I've seen since fergie time. Shocking display. Both ways.

I never felt like we were out of the match until they sent of Pablo. Even after the first goal I never felt like we were out of the match.

We've one more rung on the talent/experience ladder to climb and we will hopefully fill the holes this offseason. I expect great things next year!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.