Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Lucky Toma said:
FC Barca, I'm not asking for personal info someone might be understandably unwilling to share on here but I will persist with this general line of enquiry.....

Do you have any personal connections to Barcelona? (ie are your relatives Spanish and Barca supporters?)

What made you - a British lad - support Barcelona in the first place?

How often have you been to see them in the flesh?

Many, including yourself, have made erroneous assumptions about me as well as my links to the club. These are tangential discussions aimed at discrediting the message by casting aspersions about the poster...It's the lowest form of debate

It's football/sport, you lost and to a better side, I might add...You'll lick your wounds and get on with it...There's always salvaging the Premiership title as well as next season...A lot of small club mentality posts from fans in here who have neither been accustomed to success nor dealing with failure...As a fan for 15 seasons, I've seen and experienced both

Of the last 3 English teams to visit the Nou Camp, all three have had a player sent off.

FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Depends on what your clubs willing to declare about fees tbf

With Etihad's massive sponsorship within the Abu Dhabi family, hard to take a post like this seriously

Why?

Have we not declared something we should have? Is getting a sponsorship from a business based in the same country as your owner illegal?

What exactly is the problem you have with our sponsorship?

mick10 said:
Will someone please clarify this offside nonsense? I'll make it extreme for example purposes. I read endlessly about these onside goals. The goals in question were scored by players who at the time of the initial forward pass were offside and during the lead up to their 'offside' goal remained offside. That is they never at anytime during the attack return to an onside position and then rejoin the attack. The '2nd phase' as some call it is the cross pass (both within the 18yard box) from the player who received the ball and was onside. This all occurs within 2/3 seconds of course. My extreme example. An opposing player is standing on the penalty spot in an offside position scratching his spools while upfield a pass is played to another opposing player on the halfway line. Our defence are all on the halfway line where the pass has been played forward to an attacking player who's on the shoulder of the back line. He runs forward towards the player still standing on the penalty spot who's now taking an intrest. The player with the ball runs up passes it to the player still standing on the spot as a square pass, not forward and he puts it in the net. Is that a goal or is he offside? For me he's offside by gaining an unfair advantage. The goals scored by Barcelona weren't as extreme obviously but the principle is surely still the same?
Well they did return to an onside position. A player is deemed onside of the ball is played flat or backwards to them.

moomba said:
FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Depends on what your clubs willing to declare about fees tbf

With Etihad's massive sponsorship within the Abu Dhabi family, hard to take a post like this seriously

Why?

Have we not declared something we should have? Is getting a sponsorship from a business based in the same country as your owner illegal?

Did you notice Qatar Airways written on the seats of the Nou Camp, does he think that was for free? Oh and Qatar Foundation written on their shirts.....

inbetween said:
moomba said:
FCBarca said:

Why?

Did you notice Qatar Airways written on the seats of the Nou Camp, does he think that was for free? Oh and Qatar Foundation written on their shirts.....
sshhh you'll upset him :) what about the sponsor on the inside of the jersey? where are they from?

FCBarca said:
Lucky Toma said:
FC Barca, I'm not asking for personal info someone might be understandably unwilling to share on here but I will persist with this general line of enquiry.....

Do you have any personal connections to Barcelona? (ie are your relatives Spanish and Barca supporters?)

Many, including yourself, have made erroneous assumptions about me as well as my links to the club. These are tangential discussions aimed at discrediting the message by casting aspersions about the poster...It's the lowest form of debate

It's football/sport, you lost and to a better side, I might add...You'll lick your wounds and get on with it...There's always salvaging the Premiership title as well as next season...A lot of small club mentality posts from fans in here who have neither been accustomed to success nor dealing with failure...As a fan for 15 seasons, I've seen and experienced both

Haha a pathetic attempt to swerve three very straight-forward questions by using unnecessarily cluttered rhetoric.

Right now - besides obviously knowing your (Spanish) onions - I fail to see much difference between yourself and a Singapore Red. Someone who started supporting a team from overseas because of their dominance.

FCBarca said:
Lucky Toma said:

Are you 15? If you're any older let me guess.. Your first club was Liverpool then United started winning things? Fifteen whole years, wow you're so loyal.. I think you should be paraded onto the pitch for your decades of loyalty at the Nou camp if you ever manage to set foot in Spain.

Barcelona sponsors:
Nike (same as us)
Qatar Airways (middle eastern airway- tut tut)
Etisalat (same as us)
United Arab Bank (tut tut)
Qatar Foundation (tut tut)
What makes you so much better FC Barca? you usually seem like a fairly decent poster so I'm interested to hear why you think there's some element of dodginess to our deals that isn't in yours. Especially with Etihad not being a related party and all.

Lucky Toma said:
FCBarca said:
Lucky Toma said:

Haha a pathetic attempt to swerve three very straight-forward questions by using unnecessarily cluttered rhetoric.

I'd say EA Sports played a part in it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.