Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

blink922 said:
Kerry bai said:
I also think some of the City players lack experience with European refs.

I'd rather our boys not become cheating, diving twats.

Ref denied us 2 clear goals. You can moan about him all you want but he fucked Barca over too.

What you really have to ask yourself is where were this City side on the first leg?

All this ref moaning comes across as very bitter. Ye should be proud of your players. Last season we got hammered 7-0 by Bayern. The ref gave everything to Bayern but we let it go and came back stronger this season . Ye will do the same, this is what football is all about. Cherish these games and remember them foundly.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Barca are single handedly turning our beautiful game into basketball. Non- contact, full court(pitch) press, snidey fouls, falling over to get time-outs etc... Next we´ll be treated to 5 fouls and your off from the gallic gump

Plenty of rugby or American footy for you to follow if football isn't brutal enough for you

gmckennasell said:
you also need a midfield player because xavi is 34 and past it

34 yet seemed to do just fine against City, both times...I'll take more of that, thanks

gmckennasell said:
neymar is a total waste of money , he might look good against 90% in laliga games , but 90% of your opposition in the spanish league are shit , and city's eds team could finsish in 4th place

A bit rich from a City fan concluding anyone is a waste of money, particularly when you consider Barcelona fields more homegrown players from their cantera and spend less overall for their squad than most of the teams left in the competition

Plus, this waste has had a fantastic season thus far (Despite a subpar last 2-3 months) and still managed to nearly pull off a hat trick last night...If he's a waste, what does it say about your squad that managed one goal over 180 minutes - mainly due to Sergio Roberto failing to hold the line...Neymar was/is a bargain at whatever his pricetag eventually turns out to be...No one else at his age can do or will do more than him atm

gmckennasell said:
Your playground bullys , who are about to wintess a downward spiral , at least you can then pick another team in europe to support , Bayern Munich look ok , and they have a very nice first team kit , it would great with your " one direction" baseball cap .

After eliminating City, Barcelona now are poised to make it 7 straight semifinals in Champions League, yet another record...I'd say haters will have to hold off on their premature glee over the team's demise....This has been a Barcelona era, for club football & La Roja...It's hardly over<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm --<br /><br />
tonea2003 said:
i can understand that now you have dug a hole for yourself re kompany you are not going to admit it, but you and i know where our captain stands in world football

With one trophy, yes

FCBarca said:
A bit rich from a City fan concluding anyone is a waste of money, particularly when you consider Barcelona fields more homegrown players from their cantera and spend less overall for their squad than most of the teams left in the competition

Plus, this waste has had a fantastic season thus far (Despite a subpar last 2-3 months) and still managed to nearly pull off a hat trick last night...If he's a waste, what does it say about your squad that managed one goal over 180 minutes - mainly due to Sergio Roberto failing to hold the line...Neymar was/is a bargain at whatever his pricetag eventually turns out to be...No one else at his age can do or will do more than him atm
Depends on what your clubs willing to declare about fees tbf

FC Barca, I'm not asking for personal info someone might be understandably unwilling to share on here but I will persist with this general line of enquiry.....

Do you have any personal connections to Barcelona? (ie are your relatives Spanish and Barca supporters?)

What made you - a British lad - support Barcelona in the first place?

How often have you been to see them in the flesh?

pudge said:

With Etihad's massive sponsorship within the Abu Dhabi family, hard to take a post like this seriously

When you produce cantera players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Messi, Piqué, Pedro, Alba etc. then perhaps you'd have some ground to stand on

FCBarca said:
pudge said:

With Etihad's massive sponsorship within the Abu Dhabi family, hard to take a post like this seriously

When you produce cantera players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Messi, Piqué, Pedro, Alba etc. then perhaps you'd have some ground to stand on

You're online so can you answer my questions please.

FCBarca said:
pudge said:

Is that going to be Barca's defence to the tax authorities, they havent produced good footballers themselves?

FCBarca said:
gmckennasell said:
you also need a midfield player because xavi is 34 and past it

34 yet seemed to do just fine against City, both times...I'll take more of that, thanks

gmckennasell said:
neymar is a total waste of money , he might look good against 90% in laliga games , but 90% of your opposition in the spanish league are shit , and city's eds team could finsish in 4th place

gmckennasell said:
Your playground bullys , who are about to wintess a downward spiral , at least you can then pick another team in europe to support , Bayern Munich look ok , and they have a very nice first team kit , it would great with your " one direction" baseball cap .

After eliminating City, Barcelona now are poised to make it 7 straight semifinals in Champions League, yet another record...I'd say haters will have to hold off on their premature glee over the team's demise....This has been a Barcelona era, for club football & La Roja...It's hardly over

-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm --

tonea2003 said:
i can understand that now you have dug a hole for yourself re kompany you are not going to admit it, but you and i know where our captain stands in world football

With one trophy, yes

And what have you won so far this season? I say 'you' but I don't actually mean it because I bet you're just one of those pricks with a Sky subscription and a Barca shirt with Iniesta on the back, who's never set foot within a hundred miles of the nou camp. You're full of shit and if you think this Barca team is anywhere close to what you were a couple of years ago then you're also seriously deluded.

For any genuine Barca fans reading, you have an amazing array of players and still remain in the top 3/4 clubs in the world.. For large spells I think we matched you and did well (as this team should), but the tie was lost in the first leg where we should have set up similarly to the away game. The CL is a lottery at times, and as we saw with Arsenal and their keeper getting the red, the same happened to us in a game we could have easily gone on to nick 1-0. It's a competition of fine lines, but the experience told and we went out. There is so much reactionary bullshit these days when it comes to big games, and this FCBarca tit is a prime example.

Fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.