Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

aguero93:20 said:
Barcelona sponsors:
Nike (same as us)
Qatar Airways (middle eastern airway- tut tut)
Etisalat (same as us)
United Arab Bank (tut tut)
Qatar Foundation (tut tut)
What makes you so much better FC Barca? you usually seem like a fairly decent poster so I'm interested to hear why you think there's some element of dodginess to our deals that isn't in yours. Especially with Etihad not being a related party and all.

Problem with fans like him and many more they read the papers and don't do any research of why the Etihad deal is fine and now I believe well below what the going rate is

pudge said:
Is that going to be Barca's defence to the tax authorities, they havent produced good footballers themselves?

Whatever the club does with respect to Spanish tax authorities, it's implications are minor & it will likely pale in comparison to the FFP credibility should the Etihad deal be deemed above board

waspish said:
aguero93:20 said:
Barcelona sponsors:
Nike (same as us)
Qatar Airways (middle eastern airway- tut tut)
Etisalat (same as us)
United Arab Bank (tut tut)
Qatar Foundation (tut tut)
What makes you so much better FC Barca? you usually seem like a fairly decent poster so I'm interested to hear why you think there's some element of dodginess to our deals that isn't in yours. Especially with Etihad not being a related party and all.

Problem with fans like him and many more they read the papers and don't do any research of why the Etihad deal is fine and now I believe well below what the going rate is
Yeah we should be able to make up for the shortfall with the new campus and academy now getting sponsorship deals so I'm not too worried, at the very least they'll be a plus on the books once they open, I'd say Soriano and Tom have something juicy lined up.

EDIT: bit off topic now, sorry, i'll go back to my financial threads :D

inbetween said:
Did you notice Qatar Airways written on the seats of the Nou Camp, does he think that was for free? Oh and Qatar Foundation written on their shirts.....

As bad as the Qatar deal is and I do think it's bad (I am not a Rosell supporter), again it pales in comparison to the hijacking of the game by City & PSG - these are clear fiscal & sporting realities

FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Is that going to be Barca's defence to the tax authorities, they havent produced good footballers themselves?

Whatever the club does with respect to Spanish tax authorities, it's implications are minor & it will likely pale in comparison to the FFP credibility should the Etihad deal be deemed above board
Why would it not be above board?

pudge said:
FCBarca said:
pudge said:

And does he realise Tax evasion is a serious crime and that his own club has seemingly benefited from illegal state aid on many, many occasions? Rosell imo is lucky he's not going to jail along with the rest of the barca board (they might yet, but unlikely)

pudge said:

Pleading ignorance won't help as UEFA already threatened your club quite recently that they would have no problem banning them from Champions League

I'll enjoy coming back to this thread in the summer when a certain Argentinian is on his way to Manchester ;)

FCBarca said:
pudge said:

Pleading ignorance won't help as UEFA already threatened your club quite recently that they would have no problem banning them from Champions League
What are you on about? The Etihad sponsorship deal is not a related-party transaction as defined by both International Accounting Standard 24 and UEFA Financial Fair Play Annex X. This isn't even debateable, it's law. your club on the other hand have been guilty of tax evasion and illegal state aid.
Some cheek calling other people ignorant when talking about a subject you obviously have no idea about.

FCBarca said:
pudge said:

They would have no problem banning anyone if they breached FFP rules, that doesnt answer why we would breach said laws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.