Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Why would it not be above board?

Pleading ignorance won't help as UEFA already threatened your club quite recently that they would have no problem banning them from Champions League

Sorry to butt in but you seem to have very serious problems when it comes to answering straight questions. So I'll try seen as though I'm sat on a tram with nothing better to do:

1) How many Barca matches have you been to, this isn't a critisism just a genuine question as I'm interested to know if the ground has improved since the last time I was there(2008)

2) What makes you think the Eithad deal is 'not above board' when everyone else in the world know its perfectly ok and infact could be less than the going rate

3) Do you feel playing in an uncompetitive league helps brining players like Perdo and the lad who came on last night through as they get more chance to do what they are good at rather that doing the 'hard work' against seasoned pros that a young player in England would have to do?

Firstly, the day itself was brilliant. The blues in Las Ramblas were fucking quality. From 'Ohh Andy Andy' when Andy Morisson turned up to 'Mankini oh oh' when the wierd Spanish kid dressed as Borat turned up, the banter and atmosphere was brilliant.

Secondly, what a city, what friendly natives and what a stadium. Fans are a bit blase but at least they don't get moody when your in their end singing your head off :)

Football wise I thought we were immense and there are many many positives to take.

Bobbins / corrupt refereeing aside I thought we matched them and for periods were the better team (as per the 2nd half of he home leg). Unfortunately (again) we didn't take our chances.

We shown we deserve to be at the top table rubbing shoulders with the main faces.

We need a couple of tweaks and we'll be capable of beating teams like this. Reminds me of the season we came 3rd in the league and were just that little bit short of having enough to win it.

Barcelona wise, I think they're an immense team with some very very gifted technicians, but on the strength of both games, they aren't a patch on Bayern who I expect will retain the trophy.

FCBarca said:
inbetween said:
Did you notice Qatar Airways written on the seats of the Nou Camp, does he think that was for free? Oh and Qatar Foundation written on their shirts.....

As bad as the Qatar deal is and I do think it's bad (I am not a Rosell supporter), again it pales in comparison to the hijacking of the game by City & PSG - these are clear fiscal & sporting realities

yes the hijacking compared to the E426m spent by Barca (E173.5m coming in), which comes out in pounds today at about £356.4m, with a loss of about £211.3m since 2008.

inbetween said:
Of the last 3 English teams to visit the Nou Camp, all three have had a player sent off.

I read somewhere that they have never played a first round knockout match against 11 men.

FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Is that going to be Barca's defence to the tax authorities, they havent produced good footballers themselves?

Whatever the club does with respect to Spanish tax authorities, it's implications are minor & it will likely pale in comparison to the FFP credibility should the Etihad deal be deemed above board

neymar transfer = end of this little segment of the thread

FC Barca, are you ready to answer three very simple questions yet?

1/ Do you have any personal connections to Barcelona? (ie are your relatives Spanish and Barca supporters?)

2/ What made you - a British lad - support Barcelona in the first place?

3/ How often have you been to see them in the flesh?

By refusing to answer these queries the common consensus on you is that you're a young lad who started 'supporting' football's equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters through Messi being awesome on FIFA yet have the temerity to come onto a City forum and lecture fans on their supporting 'mentality'.

If that is wide of the mark your answers may go some way to rectify that. I doubt it though. I think we've got you bang to rights.

FCBarca said:
pudge said:
Why would it not be above board?

Pleading ignorance won't help as UEFA already threatened your club quite recently that they would have no problem banning them from Champions League

The fact that Barca shit themsleves and paid the tax they tired to dodge , sums up your football club , slimeballs from the top , right down to the supporters ,and you will be hoping we do get banned from the champs league , because you know we wont stop till we have won it . Thats the difference between Barca ,Mannyooonited etc , your on the way down , where as city are on the way up , but you can always change your affilliation , surprised you havent already jumped ship and bought a bayern munich kit , because you have no affinity with Barca ,after all their just your "favourite team" , we see plenty of shallow , plastic "fans" on here , but you really do sum up the word "gloryhunter"

Would love to know how the tie would have ended had Barca played with 10 men against 11 for a 33% of the playing time, and 2 referees intent on giving the opposition the rub of the green.

FCBarca said:
gmckennasell said:
you also need a midfield player because xavi is 34 and past it

34 yet seemed to do just fine against City, both times...I'll take more of that, thanks

gmckennasell said:
neymar is a total waste of money , he might look good against 90% in laliga games , but 90% of your opposition in the spanish league are shit , and city's eds team could finsish in 4th place

A bit rich from a City fan concluding anyone is a waste of money, particularly when you consider Barcelona fields more homegrown players from their cantera and spend less overall for their squad than most of the teams left in the competition

Plus, this waste has had a fantastic season thus far (Despite a subpar last 2-3 months) and still managed to nearly pull off a hat trick last night...If he's a waste, what does it say about your squad that managed one goal over 180 minutes - mainly due to Sergio Roberto failing to hold the line...Neymar was/is a bargain at whatever his pricetag eventually turns out to be...No one else at his age can do or will do more than him atm

gmckennasell said:
Your playground bullys , who are about to wintess a downward spiral , at least you can then pick another team in europe to support , Bayern Munich look ok , and they have a very nice first team kit , it would great with your " one direction" baseball cap .

After eliminating City, Barcelona now are poised to make it 7 straight semifinals in Champions League, yet another record...I'd say haters will have to hold off on their premature glee over the team's demise....This has been a Barcelona era, for club football & La Roja...It's hardly over

-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm --

tonea2003 said:
i can understand that now you have dug a hole for yourself re kompany you are not going to admit it, but you and i know where our captain stands in world football

With one trophy, yes

so xavi was playing was he ? barcelona do have homegrown players , what you fail to mention is that you have to pay them more than any other players in the world to make them stay with your club , (with the majority as proven paid in brown envelopes, by your corrupt club) .

Neymar does nothing when he plays against a top european sides , hes looks fine when you play your 90% gimme matches in la liga , (and all this for an alleged 200 million euros 100 million still not found) he wont even see out his contract , he's robinho Mk2 , a lightweight shirt seller

City have wasted money , but its our owners money , we are not nearly £300 million in debt to the banks like Barcelona , or should that be Barce-loan-a , (this is despite real and barca carving up the la liga TV deal to suit them and to make la liga one of the least competitve leagues around)
We will see what barca end up with this season , dont forget to post in a couple of months , when the most expensive paid players in world sport have failed miserably ,
Barcelona is a club in decline , and this is the reason you cant fill your ground ? your average crowd is 30,000 under capacity , if your club is so great why cant you sell your tickets ? . Probably because they have plastic , shallow "fans" like you, who contribute nothing to the club they allegedly "support".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.