Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting nervous now, 4 hours and a bit to go. We might be 2-0 down but like Kompany said, a goal will change everything... Lets hope tonight is party night!

What we need to do is dive and get a peno; 1-0, then have Yaya score a freekick; 2-0, then score off a corner; 3-0. Then we bring on all of our tallest players and lineup on our goal line until the final whistle blows. Great plan or what?

Huge game this lads, so much hinging on the result..

BihahjOCAAA08ER.jpg:large

Lot of talk on this thread about the need for an early goal for us. I think last night's Bayern-Arsenal game shows that while that would be great, it's not necessary. Paradoxically, the longer the game stayed 0-0, the more edgy Bayern became. And when Arsenal equalized, the game swung and for the first time, you could see a ray of light for Arsenal. They had a number of good openings, but failed to take them.

Based on this, I think the critical thing is WE don't give up an early goal. That would allow Barcelona to settle and ease their nerves. I would not be unhappy going in 0-0 at half time. I think we WILL get chances as the game goes on (we even saw that at Etihad playing with 10 men). We just have to stick them away. The game at Newcastle in our title winning season and last year's game at United are good models for us, playing on the road, being very patient, growing into the game, and ultimately taking our chances when they presented themselves.

lasereyes said:
Lot of talk on this thread about the need for an early goal for us. I think last night's Bayern-Arsenal game shows that while that would be great, it's not necessary. Paradoxically, the longer the game stayed 0-0, the more edgy Bayern became. And when Arsenal equalized, the game swung and for the first time, you could see a ray of light for Arsenal. They had a number of good openings, but failed to take them.

Based on this, I think the critical thing is WE don't give up an early goal. That would allow Barcelona to settle and ease their nerves. I would not be unhappy going in 0-0 at half time. I think we WILL get chances as the game goes on (we even saw that at Etihad playing with 10 men). We just have to stick them away. The game at Newcastle in our title winning season and last year's game at United are good models for us, playing on the road, being very patient, growing into the game, and ultimately taking our chances when they presented themselves.

People over-analyze. Who cares if we score early or late, if it is 0-0 at half or not, if Barca are first to score... Who cares? The most important thing is to win this game by a 2 goal margin. That's it. When we played Bayern in Munich, we were down 0-2 and yet we could have easily won 4-2. Who knows what will happen. To come out and debate whether it is better to score early or late, whether it is more important to keep it 0-0 at half than to score early - all of this discussion is completely silly and ridiculous.

What's wrong with Savage? I always find he's nice to us and I believe his son is a city fan too. I generally agree with a lot he says unlike other pundits or commentators

i'm in London for work at the minute, anybody know where there might be some blues watching tonights game?

gwt said:
What we need to do is dive and get a peno; 1-0, then have Yaya score a freekick; 2-0, then score off a corner; 3-0. Then we bring on all of our tallest players and lineup on our goal line until the final whistle blows. Great plan or what?

No ref in Europe is going to give any Barca opponent a pen.
There's a reason they are called UEFAlona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.