Barcelona vs City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't get excited at all at CL games?
If a competitive game that involves us playing the best team on the planet doesn't excite you,then i dont think football is for you.I think a very large majority of us have dreamt of such a match being a regular fixture for more years than we care to remember.

So,to answer your question,probably.

Am I the only one who doesn't get excited at all at CL games?

Yes, I too prefer to play the likes of Crystal Palace over testing ourselves against one of the all time great players in Lionel Messi and really one of the best clubs in the world.

It a good time to play Barca and our players will know they are vulnerable.

They are scared

Scared? Where does this nonsense come from? This is Barca. Barca are never scared. Their top players have played in so many big games and finals that they don't get scared.
They have had some bad results for a team of their standard, and that only makes them more dangerous. I caught their bounce back match against Deportivo, and they looked like they had a point to prove after their loss to Celta Vigo. They looked intense, and we have to match that intensity in order to have a chance. I'm not sure we can do that at Camp Nou with them having a point to prove. They suffocate teams there when they are up for it. If they by so strange reasons aren't up for it, I see us winning or at least drawing. But I don't think that's the case. So no, it's not a good time to play them.

Yes, I too prefer to play the likes of Crystal Palace over testing ourselves against one of the all time great players in Lionel Messi and really one of the best clubs in the world.

If Crystal Palace is a competitive premier league game then I don't think that idea should be scoffed at so easily either. I'm really looking forward to the game today but if it was a premier league game against Palace i'd want to win it just as much.

Comparing teams is just opening a can of worms which is why I wanted to comment on your post. Its Premier League vs Champions League debate all over again which i'd hazard a guess that the Premier League is still winning.

I'm in agreement with your second part of your post though, great game to be a part of, with some top quality out on the pitch.

Almost wanted to make a new thread for this tweet:

We've come some way, I know Sport is a Catalonian newspaper probably doing it because of the Guardiola connection and a dig at Real, not bad though ey?!

"The best match in the world"? Surely that was at Anfield on Monday?

bravo
otamendi
kompany
stones
dinho
gundogan
de bruyne
silva
sterling
nolito
aguero

fucking go for it!!!! nolito and sterling need to work back but we could control the midfield and pounce quickly on the break

bravo
otamendi
kompany
stones
dinho
gundogan
de bruyne
silva
sterling
nolito
aguero

fucking go for it!!!! nolito and sterling need to work back but we could control the midfield and pounce quickly on the break

I may be wrong but still think that if Guardiola was contemplating playing Kompanty he would have given him more than 5 mins on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.