Emre 3.5m
Boumsong 3.5m
Huntingdon 500k
Luque 1m
Edgar 500k

=£115 million recouped since ashley took over

n_mcfc said:
ciderjohn1 said:
come on lets be fair,he did save us from relegation.

Yeah, if he didn't twat one of our midfielders then publicly undermine the manager and ridicule the rest of his team-mates (nationally), not to mention miss (by some distance) a penalty at home against Villa, we'd have been goners.

He nearly took us down himself. Mpenza saved us as far as I'm concerned, with the help of about 4 or 5 players who realised what a shit season we'd had and how they'd be humiliated if we went down due to the many tossers we'd signed who didn't give a toss.

Fucking hell, what a chip on your shoulder you have - even bring up the Villa penalty, when we were already safe.

Ok, so what about his penalty at home to Arsenal?

Explain how he almost took us down himself?

Dunne, Distin and Richards all had good seasons that year, but none of them provided anything going forward as they were all defenders.

Barton had to play with some of the biggest sacks of shit to ever wear the blue shirt that season; Reyna, Sinclair, Beasley, Trabelsi, Hamann (was fucking WOEFUL that year), Dabo, Dickov, Corradi, Samaras. The only saving grace we had was the odd performance from a childlike Ireland and Johnson playing in the last few games. Mpenza scored important goals, and Ball provided strength at left back. But throughout the whole season it was basically Joey vs 4 players as the rest we had were awful. I won't forget going away to Villa, Sheff United, West Ham, Fulham and knowing that HE made us play those days.

And as far as his comments go - what he said then is similar to whats going on now. He knows he's a good player, yet he is playing in a very unambitious club. Pearce was a fucking joke of a manager, and he knew it. He was speaking more as a fan than anyone.

And as far as his comments go - what he said then is similar to whats going on now. He knows he's a good player, yet he is playing in a very unambitious club. Pearce was a fucking joke of a manager, and he knew it. He was speaking more as a fan than anyone.

That's why he's a cock of the highest order. Sorry, but the way he treated the club as if he was more intelligent and more special than anyone at it was ridiculous. He's doing the exact same thing now at Newcastle and he's fashioned himself a move away, again.

Publicly undermining the people who pay him to do his job? Do me a favour Joey and shut the fuck up. It's all well and good pretending to be the fans saviour, speaking how they feel, but where has it got him? He's more trouble than he's worth. Publicly slating the club on Twitter as oppose to speaking to someone in charge professionally? What did he expect?

Newcastle are absolutely right to throw him out. He's ruining their wage structure, like Nolan was, and more importantly, he's a cretin. Probably should remember he's an ex-con so deception should be a quality trait of his. They wouldn't even suffer much without him. They've got a decent team there and if they spent money wisely, they'll bring in a few good players on a lower wage. They're still rebuilding.

Just a thick scouser being manipulated by Willie Mackay into forcing a move. It's not in an agents interest for any player to stay settled at any club - blood sucking f**kers the lot of them (rant over)

liamctid said:
n_mcfc said:
ciderjohn1 said:
come on lets be fair,he did save us from relegation.

Yeah, if he didn't twat one of our midfielders then publicly undermine the manager and ridicule the rest of his team-mates (nationally), not to mention miss (by some distance) a penalty at home against Villa, we'd have been goners.

He nearly took us down himself. Mpenza saved us as far as I'm concerned, with the help of about 4 or 5 players who realised what a shit season we'd had and how they'd be humiliated if we went down due to the many tossers we'd signed who didn't give a toss.

Fucking hell, what a chip on your shoulder you have - even bring up the Villa penalty, when we were already safe.

Dunne, Distin and Richards all had good seasons that year, but none of them provided anything going forward as they were all defenders.

Barton had to play with some of the biggest sacks of shit to ever wear the blue shirt that season; Reyna, Sinclair, Beasley, Trabelsi, Hamann (was fucking WOEFUL that year), Dabo, Dickov, Corradi, Samaras. The only saving grace we had was the odd performance from a childlike Ireland and Johnson playing in the last few games. Mpenza scored important goals, and Ball provided strength at left back. But throughout the whole season it was basically Joey vs 4 players as the rest we had were awful. I won't forget going away to Villa, Sheff United, West Ham, Fulham and knowing that HE made us play those days.

Talk about putting your foot in it. Barton was suspended for the Sheffield United and West Ham away games after getting himself sent off at home to Bolton for violent conduct. The third game of his ban was the home fixture against Everton on New Year's Day 2007.

We won all 3 matches by the way.....

We got 35 points from the 33 matches (1.06 points per match) Barton played in the season he "singlehandedly kept us up".

7 points from the 5 games (1.40 points per match) he didn't play in.

moomba said:
We got 35 points from the 33 matches (1.06 points per match) Barton played in the season he "singlehandedly kept us up".

7 points from the 5 games (1.40 points per match) he didn't play in.

We got 9 points alone in the 3 games I mentioned above so it was an even better average points per game total when he wasn't playing.

I'll also add that on his return from suspension we played Bolton away and drew 0-0 but Barton arguably cost us the win as he missed an open goal from about 3 yards out.

I think he played against Sheff Utd.

1.06 per game over the course of the season would have seen us finish 16th.
1.40 per game over the course of the season would have seen us finish 10th.

M18CTID said:
liamctid said:
n_mcfc said:

Talk about putting your foot in it. Barton was suspended for the Sheffield United and West Ham away games after getting himself sent off at home to Bolton for violent conduct. The third game of his ban was the home fixture against Everton on New Year's Day 2007.

We won all 3 matches by the way.....

He definitely played against Sheff United, I can still see him jumping onto of Ireland when he scored. He didn't play against Sheff Wed the week later, we played Micah in midfield.

n_mcfc said:

That's why he's a cock of the highest order. Sorry, but the way he treated the club as if he was more intelligent and more special than anyone at it was ridiculous. He's doing the exact same thing now at Newcastle and he's fashioned himself a move away, again.

Publicly undermining the people who pay him to do his job? Do me a favour Joey and shut the fuck up. It's all well and good pretending to be the fans saviour, speaking how they feel, but where has it got him? He's more trouble than he's worth. Publicly slating the club on Twitter as oppose to speaking to someone in charge professionally? What did he expect?

Newcastle are absolutely right to throw him out. He's ruining their wage structure, like Nolan was, and more importantly, he's a cretin. Probably should remember he's an ex-con so deception should be a quality trait of his. They wouldn't even suffer much without him. They've got a decent team there and if they spent money wisely, they'll bring in a few good players on a lower wage. They're still rebuilding.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree with you. He is saying what he's said because he's passionate about succeeding. Forget about your hatred for Barton and look at it for pure footballing reasons:

Last season they looked comfortable in the top flight because of which players? Barton, Nolan and (for half a season) Carrol. They've forced all three out of the club. I can't knock the business they did for Carrol, but Barton is only saying what he's said from a fans perspective. They got £35 million from that transfer and where's it gone? In Ashleys pocket. As a fan, and a player in the squad it must be very frustrating.

And as he said this morning, it's not like he's trying to force a move and he'll stay if he wants.

As a user of Twitter, I think it's fantastic. I'd much rather see Barton speaking at his anger of the NUFC board, Rooney posting drivel when he's pissed, Micah telling Spurs fans that he's not moving because he's "ctid". Much better and interesting than speculating behind the scenes stuff.

moomba said:
I think he played against Sheff Utd.

1.06 per game over the course of the season would have seen us finish 16th.
1.40 per game over the course of the season would have seen us finish 10th.

Apologies. You're right mate - just checked back and he did play against Sheff Utd. I think he was supposed to have been banned originally but we appealed meaning he was free to play? that meant he was banned for the West Ham and Everton league games which we won and the FA Cup match at Sheffield Wednesday which we drew, winning the replay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.