Barry to Everton?

I'm glad people can now see the value of Barry.

We needed Yaya further forward yesterday but with just Fernandinho there as support he couldn't do that. I'm not knocking Fernie but we need a defensive midfielder and Garcia is not the man for the job.

Barry is a good professional but he's not the answer to our current midfield largesse. Why we persist with two strikers when our opponents have one, and flood the midfield, is beyond me. We need to match our opponents man for man for at least two thirds of the game, then a second striker might be worthwhile.

Barry is too slow for where we want to go.

gio's side step said:
This is sensationally poor by City.

Letting a player who is in his last year of contract go on LOAN!?

What is that?
Well who do we sell him to if nobody wants to buy him?

Him going on loan means that we wont be paying all of his wages which is a plus and it means that more clubs will be interested in taking him.

Gareth Barry has done a magnificent job for city, there is absolutely no point in moving him on without a replacement .
Ideally what we need is a younger more mobile version of him as yaya and Fernandinho give the back four no protection whatsoever.

CTID101 said:
gio's side step said:

What is that?

Him going on loan means that we wont be paying all of his wages which is a plus and it means that more clubs will be interested in taking him.

We don't sell him and tell him to work hard and fight his way into the team and earn a new 2 year contract.

What we don't do is offer him someone else and pay some of his wages. And then allow him to join that club for free at the end of his contract. Just stupidity.

If we cant sell him now, then keep him and make our squad stronger until next summer

gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:
gio's side step said:

What is that?

We don't sell him and tell him to work hard and fight his way into the team and earn a new 2 year contract.

What we don't do is offer him someone else and pay some of his wages. And then allow him to join that club for free at the end of his contract. Just stupidity.

If we cant sell him now, then keep him and make our squad stronger until next summer
We keep someone who for all we know doesn't want to be here, is pushing for the move himself?
Makes sense.
Pellegrini said after the game that Gareth knows the situation, I can only imagine the situation being that he has been told he is no longer a key player in the team. Regardless of what people think, Garcia and Rodwell are ahead of him never mind Yaya and Fernandinho.

I can't imagine that Gaz is being anything but professional within the club but he has probably asked to leave. He has a few years left as a top level pro so why spend them sat in the stands. He doesn't strike me as a player who is interested in the money so thats why the likes of Everton are rumored to be in talks.

Yesterday was exactly the type of game where he was needed. At home to mid/lower half opposition is where Barry thrives and allows us to rest others. Has Pelle actually watched him play?
Seems like another decision from the dynamic duo upstairs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.