Barry to Everton?

CTID101 said:
gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:
Well who do we sell him to if nobody wants to buy him?

Him going on loan means that we wont be paying all of his wages which is a plus and it means that more clubs will be interested in taking him.

We don't sell him and tell him to work hard and fight his way into the team and earn a new 2 year contract.

What we don't do is offer him someone else and pay some of his wages. And then allow him to join that club for free at the end of his contract. Just stupidity.

If we cant sell him now, then keep him and make our squad stronger until next summer
We keep someone who for all we know doesn't want to be here, is pushing for the move himself?
Makes sense.
Pellegrini said after the game that Gareth knows the situation, I can only imagine the situation being that he has been told he is no longer a key player in the team. Regardless of what people think, Garcia and Rodwell are ahead of him never mind Yaya and Fernandinho.

I can't imagine that Gaz is being anything but professional within the club but he has probably asked to leave. He has a few years left as a top level pro so why spend them sat in the stands. He doesn't strike me as a player who is interested in the money so thats why the likes of Everton are rumored to be in talks.

This reasoning has no bearing on the fact to still allow him to leave on loan is ridiculous

Lomas has a lob on said:
Rodwell better be finally over all his injury problems if we are letting Barry go.

We could also do alot worse than putiing Milner in the middle from time to time.

Agree with this. Toure and Fernandinho aren't enough in the middle on their own as they are both attack minded. If they had someone else in the middle with them they could loosen the shackles and attack without leaving big holes in their wake. Milner or Rodwell need to come into the equation, and we need to lose one of the forwards. A better team would have put us away yesterday.

This is all up in the air - Everton can't afford to pay him his current wages and City don't want to sub the deal, and until one club budges, this won't go through.

I really, really hope we hang on to him

Barry arrives from Manchester City
02/09/2013 | Comments (10)
Everton appear to have secured the services of Gareth Barry from Manchester City, most likely on loan, following a tweet by Futbol Mercado who claim the information comes from the Etihad Stadium.
The 32-year-old has been tipped to join the Blues for the past week and though the assumption is that it would be on a temporary basis, it is possible that a permanent deal and compromise on his wages has been struck seeing as he is in the last year of his City contract.

Translated by Google, the tweet reads: "The England midfielder Gareth Barry is new Everton player. Comes from Manchester City."

File under: Seems likely

Original Source: Futbol Mercado

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.