Barry to Everton?

80s Shorts said:
TRUE BLUE NO1 said:
Guys, if the true and Everton paying all Barry's wages...its a good move by City!!

FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101 2m Everton are paying all of Gareth Barry's wages, around £120k a wk, making him the best-paid player in their history, according to ESPN.

well that's over 6million per year saved.

It won't be much of a saving if our central midfield continues to get outplayed.

Can the last English player at the Etihad please turns the light out!!

bert38 said:
I am so gutted by this. People will only realise how important he was now he's gone. Or did anyone miss that shambles against Hull?

At the Hull match we were saying where is Barry, why isn't he there? He would have sorted out that shambles, or at least helped to get it sorted.

Some posters on here need to wipe their fannys and stop crying.
Fuzzys transfer to the rags did not depend on Barry - it was about McCarthy! No helping of the rags at all.
In fact if Fellaini gets in before Kagawa I will piss myself laughing. They have created hardly fuck all in the chances department and Fuzzy will not help them in that department.
GB not going to be playing regularly or getting a start at PL level - along with good business sense to get 120k a week off the books.
Whats all this shit about holding the club responsible for Kolo leaving - he was fucking out of contract and walked.
Di Michelis wasn't required at the start of the season when he was available on a free and injuries and poor form have forced our hand. MP knows him and he knows MP's systems. Short term contract not on mega bucks, experienced international, looks decent with more pace than Lescott - no brainer for me.
Really can't understand some peoples perspectives on comings and goings. I suppose opinions are like arseholes - everybodys got one!

One other thing about Barry leaving just how does it leave us when it comes to our quota of English players?<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 pm --<br /><br />
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Some posters on here need to wipe their fannys and stop crying.
Fuzzys transfer to the rags did not depend on Barry - it was about McCarthy! No helping of the rags at all.
In fact if Fellaini gets in before Kagawa I will piss myself laughing. They have created hardly fuck all in the chances department and Fuzzy will not help them in that department.
GB not going to be playing regularly or getting a start at PL level - along with good business sense to get 120k a week off the books.
Whats all this shit about holding the club responsible for Kolo leaving - he was fucking out of contract and walked.
Di Michelis wasn't required at the start of the season when he was available on a free and injuries and poor form have forced our hand. MP knows him and he knows MP's systems. Short term contract not on mega bucks, experienced international, looks decent with more pace than Lescott - no brainer for me.
Really can't understand some peoples perspectives on comings and goings. I suppose opinions are like arseholes - everybodys got one!

Think you might have seen yours with that rant, you do realise it's only a football team don't you?

Eccles Blue said:
One other thing about Barry leaving just how does it leave us when it comes to our quota of English players?
I don't think there has to be a number of English players, just players who have been produced by English Academies or played in the Youth set-up for a certain amount of time. So Clichy is classed as 'homegrown', for example. Promoting Lopes from the EDS would be classed as 'homegrown' and would cover Barry leaving.

bert38 said:
I am so gutted by this. People will only realise how important he was now he's gone. Or did anyone miss that shambles against Hull?
I really liked the player, but even last season I thought he was struggling. Not sure Barry would have made any difference in the Hull game

Marvin said:
bert38 said:
I really liked the player, but even last season I thought he was struggling. Not sure Barry would have made any difference in the Hull game
Cardiff

Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:
One other thing about Barry leaving just how does it leave us when it comes to our quota of English players?
I don't think there has to be a number of English players, just players who have been produced by English Academies or played in the Youth set-up for a certain amount of time. So Clichy is classed as 'homegrown', for example. Promoting Lopes from the EDS would be classed as 'homegrown' and would cover Barry leaving.

Aha, thanks for that Caveman, I thought they had to be born in England or eligible to play for England. That explains it I guess. Thanks again.

Did this go though? I rate Barry very highly but at this stage I really hope it goes through he doesn't deserve to rot in our reserves for a year. Really hope Im wrong he did a lot for us in his time here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.