Barry to Everton?

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Some posters on here need to wipe their fannys and stop crying.
Fuzzys transfer to the rags did not depend on Barry - it was about McCarthy! No helping of the rags at all.
In fact if Fellaini gets in before Kagawa I will piss myself laughing. They have created hardly fuck all in the chances department and Fuzzy will not help them in that department.
GB not going to be playing regularly or getting a start at PL level - along with good business sense to get 120k a week off the books.
Whats all this shit about holding the club responsible for Kolo leaving - he was fucking out of contract and walked.
Di Michelis wasn't required at the start of the season when he was available on a free and injuries and poor form have forced our hand. MP knows him and he knows MP's systems. Short term contract not on mega bucks, experienced international, looks decent with more pace than Lescott - no brainer for me.
Really can't understand some peoples perspectives on comings and goings. I suppose opinions are like arseholes - everybodys got one!

the fact that GB wouldnt/isnt going to be playing much IS THE PROBLEM.....!!!!

The midfield 2 of yaya and ferd was over run by hull and cardiff.....simply not good enough......as individuals they are both fantastic footballers and better than GB but what GB offered was real balance and stability to the midfield which has been sadly missing......imho........but ill guess we will see who is right at the end of the season....i hope its not me but i think i will be....stoke will be a big show of what pellers has learnt fromt he last two games....if he starts that midfield 4 again with yaya and ferd as the central pair then ill start to worry at what he is thinking....and if he starts them against utd we will get beaten......unless he adds another player in there and removes an attacking option or moves yaya further forward and plays milner next to ferd

simon23 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Some posters on here need to wipe their fannys and stop crying.
Fuzzys transfer to the rags did not depend on Barry - it was about McCarthy! No helping of the rags at all.
In fact if Fellaini gets in before Kagawa I will piss myself laughing. They have created hardly fuck all in the chances department and Fuzzy will not help them in that department.
GB not going to be playing regularly or getting a start at PL level - along with good business sense to get 120k a week off the books.
Whats all this shit about holding the club responsible for Kolo leaving - he was fucking out of contract and walked.
Di Michelis wasn't required at the start of the season when he was available on a free and injuries and poor form have forced our hand. MP knows him and he knows MP's systems. Short term contract not on mega bucks, experienced international, looks decent with more pace than Lescott - no brainer for me.
Really can't understand some peoples perspectives on comings and goings. I suppose opinions are like arseholes - everybodys got one!

the fact that GB wouldnt/isnt going to be playing much IS THE PROBLEM.....!!!!

The midfield 2 of yaya and ferd was over run by hull and cardiff.....simply not good enough......as individuals they are both fantastic footballers and better than GB but what GB offered was real balance and stability to the midfield which has been sadly missing......imho........but ill guess we will see who is right at the end of the season....i hope its not me but i think i will be....stoke will be a big show of what pellers has learnt fromt he last two games....if he starts that midfield 4 again with yaya and ferd as the central pair then ill start to worry at what he is thinking....and if he starts them against utd we will get beaten......unless he adds another player in there and removes an attacking option or moves yaya further forward and plays milner next to ferd

I don't disagree.
I was disappointed MP didn't either change the formation or use a sub to bulk out the midfield.
In any case it is obvious GB is not in MP's plans - I can't change that I can only hope he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he does.
Somebody else on here did a clear analysis on the PL and Europe squads which was accurate in identifying GB was not going to be in the European squad and faced with having to move to try and stay in uncle Woys squad for next year.
My main bugbear was posters whinging about us helping utd which is clearly bollocks.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
wish barry all the best, been a wonderful player for us.

I agree. Sad to see a pivotal player of our Prem winning side go. Not that this fact should warrant us keeping him (after all, there is no place for sentiment anymore) but he was bloody good at times and crucial in some of the big prem games.

mackenzie said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
wish barry all the best, been a wonderful player for us.

I agree. Sad to see a pivotal player of our Prem winning side go. Not that this fact should warrant us keeping him (after all, there is no place for sentiment anymore) but he was bloody good at times and crucial in some of the big prem games.
Yes. He was very much under rated by other football fans and did not get the credit he deserved.

I think he will struggle a lot at Everton though. They wont get the same level of possession as we do (or used to) and without the ball he struggles to get to the pace of the game

None of us will know the true circumstances on why we are prepared to let Barry go. Thanks for your contribution but it is now time to move on.

Tim of the Oak said:
80s Shorts said:
TRUE BLUE NO1 said:
Guys, if the true and Everton paying all Barry's wages...its a good move by City!!

FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101 2m Everton are paying all of Gareth Barry's wages, around £120k a wk, making him the best-paid player in their history, according to ESPN.

well that's over 6million per year saved.

It won't be much of a saving if our central midfield continues to get outplayed.

Can the last English player at the Etihad please turns the light out!!

Racist.

He's been a good servant but it's probably the right time to go. He was brilliant in our title winning year but been very hot and cold since then. I do feel he has been massively overrated on here though. The sort of player who seems to get better the more he doesn't play. Usually get the argument that if you don't rate Barry as the best player in the world then "you don't understand football". Facts are since the title winning season he has got slower and his overall play has declined and his passing more sloppy. He's well past his best so it's right he moved on.

Thank him for his service and wish him all the best at his new club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.