Barry to Everton?

Something tells me we could have done with him as backup, but with the WC looming it's not fair to keep him here as a reserve. He's got Rodwell, Fernandinho, Yaya, Garcia in front of him, arguably Garcia and Milner too.

If Everton are paying his full wages then that is a result, and further shows attempts to reduce our expenditure. If we get beyond the group stages of the CL then I can see us breaking even within 15 months.

If Rodwell doesn't have a strong season or Garcia doesn't settle then I can see us being tempted to strengthen midfield next summer anyway. At least the rags have done some groundwork for us there on Herrera and we know his release clause now ;)

So we will pay a chunk of his wages until his contract expires in July!! This baffles me as to why we didn't keep him until then! We're bound to lose players to injury and suspension etc imagine this scenario Yaya pulls his hamstring with Ivory Coast this weekend and misses a month plus, Garcia does his ankle in training!! . Fernandinho is sent off against stoke!! (Far fetched i know) Would we have any good young possibilities in the EDS/academy??

The Engineer said:
So we will pay a chunk of his wages until his contract expires in July!! This baffles me as to why we didn't keep him until then! We're bound to lose players to injury and suspension etc imagine this scenario Yaya pulls his hamstring with Ivory Coast this weekend and misses a month plus, Garcia does his ankle in training!! . Fernandinho is sent off against stoke!! (Far fetched i know) Would we have any good young possibilities in the EDS/academy??

Everton are paying his FULL wages so we have saved around 5m

Pellers clearly doesn't rate him, so it's a good move for all involved. We're well stocked with players who can play CM.

I'm not a huge Gaz Baz lover like some, but he did a good job for us the majority of the time. Wish him all the best.

Reason he went is because of his amortisation fee rather than just wages. Milner, Rodwell and Garcia (in that order) can do his job and Barry costs £8.6m if he were to stay.

Trimming wages bill and also adding game-time to individuals.

Sooner that it was Garcia loaned out but needs must and all the best to Barry.

What I will say is that anyone who ridiculed my comments that Barry and Lescott weren't good enough to build a CL winning team on (last summer) and nailed me to the cross for it, since Barry has made way and Lescott looks like he's defo playing his last season. It's a shame as they were here from the 'early days of the project' but neither is top level and both are expensive players to keep.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:01 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
The Engineer said:

Everton are paying his FULL wages so we have saved around 5m

+ £12m fee divided by 5 years.

Turns out we saved £8.6m

YaYa and Barry is a good combo that win us the league. its a pity that both of them are not getting any younger. Next out "YaYa"?

toffee-in-peace said:
hi guys, genuine Toffee fan here (very much in peace!), just wondering what you guys think now Barry has left? Are you upset or pleased to see him go, do you think he will be a success at Goodsison? Also what do you think of Felliani going to United? Personally, whilst a good player for us, fee was very high and i'm not sure how well he will do overall.

I'm gutted GazBaz has left, he's miles better than than Garcia. As for Fellani, he's better than Tom Clevz but Ushited could have done better for the money they spent, you did well to get Lukaku in.

NipHolmes said:
Reason he went is because of his amortisation fee rather than just wages. Milner, Rodwell and Garcia (in that order) can do his job and Barry costs £8.6m if he were to stay.
Do you save the amortisation fee if he's still technically your player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.