Barry

AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.

Barry has started off this season in the best form i have seen him for a very long time. Its a shame some only notice the odd error in what is usually a very tidy, thorough job that he's doing. Thought a few of our boys looked nervy last night but lets not forget we played a very good, well organised team. A lesser team would have folded when Nap scored but credit to us for keeping going. Its a learning curve and we will get stronger.

It's not boxing,it's a team game.
A few of our players made mistakes and
got away with it, Barry wasn't so lucky.
Hard to single him out.
We could have won, we could have lost.
Great days to be a blue.
Napoli were excellent.

AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.
Nobody really had a bad game, but there were a few poor-ish performances or performances with mistakes. Barry and Kompany were the main two.

in the build up to this game everyone kept talking about how good napoli are on the counter an how quick they are yet barry and yaya kept bombing forward with no regard an when the ball was lost most of the time never got anywhere close to being back in position they gave no cover to there defender's most of the time and we deserved that goal.
when lescott makes mistakes he crucified on here but barry gets away? he had a bad game his lack of pace and ridiculous mistake was exploited to the fullest and its only going to get worst with ribery ,robben,rossi and nilmar to come in our group not to mention ronaldo,messi,hluk,shrek,di maria,sanchez,pedro and co. to come when we get out of this group i'm not saying he cant play or to sell him just don't give him or yaya the job of protecting the defense can you imagine barry in a one on one situation with any of the above names?

He still had a decent game, just remember it was his first ever game in the Champions League himself - may have got to his head a little bit on a few occasions. Will return to his normal for at the weekend when he's back in his comfort zone.

AlexMac said:

thanks alexmac, we can now tell that you watched highlights or read a report in the paper, because you certainly didnt watch the whole game

barry was great, mistake was stupid, but still had a great game.

In what universe did Barry have a bad game? Apart from his costly mistake - and even his detractors would have to concede that its not usually like him to try out such a casual flick in that area - Barry was immense throughout. For his positional nous and experience alone he was invaluable.
It seems that, unless a player has their head down hustling and bustling and charging around like a lunatic, they must be having a poor game through some eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.