Basic People Management Skills

On Wednesday night Mancini was interviewed (it's on the OS) and he was asked the Hart or Given question. He answered that Hart would definately be in nets. This was on Weds, and I'm sure the squad would have known beforehand.

Nonsense, Gelson.

All successful businesses realise that their staff are their biggest asset.

If you look after them and motivate them they deliver for you.

There's not a single business leader in the world would argue that point.

billy_big_spuds said:
Shay would have started on thursday if hart hadn't made that fuck up IMO.

I think you might be right about that, even though it sounds arse about face.

Didsbury Dave said:
billy_big_spuds said:

Yeah but was he told this? I doubt it. There is absolutely no proof he was told he would be playing. So who do we therefore give the benefit of doubt to? Our manager or the NOTW?!

Gelsons Dad said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Good example.

If AJ is playing brilliantly for club and country but is on the bench, someone should surely say "Look, you're doing great. I'm giving you a rest this week because I want to try Silva. But don't worry, keep giving your all, you'll be back in the side soon. It's no reflection on the way you are playing.

That's how you manage people.

You can't just treat them like shit.

That's how you manage S1 and S2 types initially until they develope some ability and awareness.

Hersey-Blanchard Situational Leadership Theory, it's been around since the 70s and almost all large corporations swear by it.

You can't begin draw analogies between normal corporate managerial situations, and the managerial situations faced by managers at premiership clubs. It's, well, it just won't work. It may work for Garry Cook when he's dealing with the IT department at City, but it isn't going to work for Roberto when dealing with Tevez or Silva, or any other player.

Didsbury Dave said:
Nonsense, Gelson.

All successful businesses realise that their staff are their biggest asset.

If you look after them and motivate them they deliver for you.

And neither did I. What I said is that the way you manage an individual depends on that individual and your management style must change to suite each one. So I don't manage my senior guys the same way I manage to young kids as to do so would get the worst out of each. To assume that the arm round the shoulder (this would classically be described as the "selling" phase) is always the correct way to manage an individual is the same as saying 442 is always the best tactic. It's plain and simply wrong.

Well Shay it doesn't take a genius to work out that you ain't playing because Mancini thinks Hart is the better short and long term bet. Which he is. Secondly Hart has only played a handful of games behind this defence and with this group of players so it is 'important' that he gets as much game time as possible so rotation is not an option this side of Xmas.

Shay going on loan/sold is inevitable because no team has two top line GK's. I'd like him to stay but he won't and I don't blame him.

Mancini's man management skills consist of him deciding what is best and telling the players accordingly. Some ain't going to like it especially when not playing but then if Ade had been 'fit' he would have played so Ade should stop being a big girls blouse and get stuck in. Much as Tevez is a moaning drama queen sometimes you can't deny the fact that he would play with one leg if he had to. If Ade doesn't show the heart for the fight to go along with his undoubted abilities then he will be shipped out. Shame if it happens but like Shay it won't be a big deal.

Oh and stop fretting over stories about player bust ups. It happens all the time its just more fun to report it when its us.

Didsbury Dave said:
billy_big_spuds said:

It was plain to see mate. the tabloids are having a field day with us as it is, and if Shay would have started the headlines would have been rediculous about Bob dropping Joe.

Didsbury Dave said:
Roberto Mancini isn't a business leader, he's a football manager. I suspect Ferguson's approach to management wouldn't have got him very far in the corridors of power at Microsoft either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.