Basic People Management Skills

bluefandk said:
de niro said:
dont think many (if any) want him gone. the op asks a very fair and honest question. some think he's the dogs, some think the jury is out, thats football. the only thing that bothers me is the head in the sand stance that everything is rosy, its clearly not.

p.s
the treatment on here of hughes was nothing short of a disgrace, people wanted us to fail in order for him to be sacked, not only that they wanted him gone before a ball was kicked, the same people back bobby to the hilt.

strange people.

And some of the people who refused to accept any critisism of Hughes are now hurling abuse at Mancini.

Strange people indeed.

i dont think they hurl abuse at him despite his clueless substitutions, negative football and poor man management skills, i think most people agree about the change of manager needed at the end of the hughes reign.i was one of those that thought the sacking could have been handled better and never once wanted the lad to fail due to his rag roots, some though did.

strange people.

Blue Mooner said:
As far as I can see things are going well on the pitch and that's before Mancini can choose from his full strenth squad. 1 goal conceded in open play in eight games and even that from our own undoing shows that we are going in the right direction.

Anyone who has ever noticed any of my posts will know I was a strong advocate of keeping Hughes and I am now equally strong in my defence of Mancini.

Its sad that some of the players are incapable of getting their head down and keeping their mouth shut for the benefit of the club and the team. This additional pressure from fans who seem keen to believe disaffected players doesn't help our goals. Those players are self centred and only interested in their own selfish needs and we don't need them. I was disappointed in Given. If you want to look at how a player should behave then look no further than Javier Garrido.

Mancini shouldn't have to explain every decision to the players its his decision who he picks. If they have a problem then there is nothing stopping them knocking on his door - he can't 'supposedly' not speak to them then !

Forza Mancini !

Totally agree. Kissing players backsides is not managing.

He's paid to make decisions not explain.

Some City players need to realise that player power has been replaced by club power.

His overall managerial record tends to suggest he's doing something right.

Mancini will have by now made his mind up on players like Ade, and in his mind he knows they'll be gone soon. So why would he blow smoke up his arse?
Someone mentions Petrov, well Mancini clearly didn't rate him so he sold him. There's no more to it. So Petrov wanted a farewell kiss? Not RM's style eveidently, get over it.

What Mancini clearly is, is a winner.

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 pm --

de niro said:
dont think many (if any) want him gone. the op asks a very fair and honest question. some think he's the dogs, some think the jury is out, thats football. the only thing that bothers me is the head in the sand stance that everything is rosy, its clearly not.

p.s
the treatment on here of hughes was nothing short of a disgrace, people wanted us to fail in order for him to be sacked, not only that they wanted him gone before a ball was kicked, the same people back bobby to the hilt.

strange people.

Hughes was never fit to manage Manchester City in the first place, a terrible appointment that was always going to divide the fans. Who next, the elephant man? The Pikey? Captain Marvel?

Blue Train said:
Another day, another ton of anti-Mancini shit from the Cabal.

Luckily they are very much in a minority. We have just won two fairly difficult away games so there is not much to moan about on the pitch so the old "there's trouble in dressing room" chestnut is resurrected.

PistonBlue said:

Mancini will have by now made his mind up on players like Ade, and in his mind he knows they'll be gone soon. So why would he blow smoke up his arse?
Someone mentions Petrov, well Mancini clearly didn't rate him so he sold him. There's no more to it. So Petrov wanted a farewell kiss? Not RM's style eveidently, get over it.

de niro said:

p.s

strange people.

Hughes was never fit to manage Manchester City in the first place, a terrible appointment that was always going to divide the fans. Who next, the elephant man? The Pikey? Captain Marvel?

bingo.

simon23 said:
Mancini: "It's false, there was no fight in the dressing room or on the pitch. We discussed the situation of his injury.

"Yesterday, he worked with the team, but if Manu is available for West Bromwich you will see tomorrow morning, but if he's available for Chelsea he could be on the bench."

This is a qoute at the end of an article presently on the SSN website

This again is bad management....he is basically saying that if Ade is fit it doesnt really matter wyhat he does in training he will be on the bench anyway for the chelsea match....

This causes two problems/issues:

1. This completely demotivates the player
2. Again it is showing that whether he has people fit or not he still will refuse to change the one up top system....he is far too rigid (unless he is going to pick Jo or Rsc to play alongisde Tevez...which is highly doubtful)

I disagree with this statement Simon. I'm not the biggest supporter of Mancini's man management but this line at least shows that he's aware of the situation:

"It's impossible that all the players are happy," said Mancini on Sky Sports News. "This is normal in every club.

"11 players are happy and the others are not. If one player that doesn't play is happy, it's crazy."

I'm glad that he doesn't want to have bench warmers around and I really saw nothing wrong with what he said about Adebayor. Asking players to fight for their spot is fine by me.

I do dismiss this "he wasn't good enough for where we're going" shit (a line for me that should earn an automatic BM ban for it's cringeworthiness) that gets spouted out about players leaving. Couldn't be a more United like saying in my opinion.

It has fuck all to do with the player's ability. You just don't treat people like shit, as it's classless. It doesn't make Mancini appear tough, it makes him appear to be an ass and feeds fuel to the notion that City are a ruthless money driven club. All you numpties sit around complaining about the bad press but want the club to continue to act in a way that brings that bad press about. Same "head buried in the sand" stance as those who refuse to acknowledge that Mancini is not a perfect manager but is the best managerial option we have available.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 pm --<br /><br />
leighton said:
If Mancini had the people skills of Hughes he would be the total package as a manager of a club with big players on big wages with big egos. You notice with Hughes he dealt well with Robhino and Bellers and to a extent Ireland. Mancinis first thing was to get rid of all 3 when a word in the ear could of been a simple way out for him.
I think it is this management flaw that will hurt the team in the long term. How is he going to react if Yaya , Silva or Tevez spits the dummy out is my main concern. We done well to get these players but I would rather we keep hold of these players long term and IF Mancini cant change his people skills it will get even more tricky for him. When a model pro like Shay says that you do get worried. I was worried at the end of last season when first Ned and then Bellers and Ireland all came out with negative things about the club. The 3 players who during there time here have been pro the club but the fans here said it was sour grapes by the players. Maybe it was or maybe deep down it could be Mancini only time will tell.

This has to be a wind up? Hughes may have had respect from some players but he wasn't any better than Mancini at creating dressing room harmony.

No manager is perfect, not even Fergie, despite his awesome trophy record. I don't think anyone is saying that.

Its another problem due to the transfer window.

Moaning players fester for months, causing problems and affecting morale.

Without the window, those unhappy can be moved along to where they would be happier and everyone can move on.

Its another bad by product, of the employment resticting rule.

PistonBlue said:

de niro said:

p.s

strange people.

This.
And I may be being harsh here but, what did Petrov expect? Out of 3 seasons at city (well paid) and took almost 2 season sick leave. The statement the club gave when he left was generous I thought.

I was never one that called for Hughes to go either. I gave him the same backing I give Mancini now. For some to say the club got rid of Hughes because he wasn't their man is not entirely true. He wasn't their man no, but they backed him to the hilt in the market and give him every chance to show what he was about, which is more that most owners ever do coming into a club with an existing manager in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.