Basic People Management Skills

halpo123 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You're right of course.

But if we keep running a camp where players are disgruntled and insecure, we will continue to underperform. That's what I mean.

He, and City fans, can't continue to blame player after player for these outbursts. He's the manager, he carries the can.

He says he wants a culture like Man United. There is a culture of communication right down the line at Man United. They keep their players happy and motivated. He uses his backroom staff to do it.

"My door is always open " does not cut it. The staff need to be proactive in getting the squad all pulling in the right direction. We've supposedly spent the summer weeding out the "bad apples". How many bad apples are there going to be before we realise that this is a problem?

Like I say, I'm sick of it.
this may come over as a somewhat "brainless or not fit for your superior intellect" kind of statement but I`m pretty sick of you to be honest
Talk about over reacting ,this thread although starting from the disadvantage of being yours has been okay barring De niros obvious attempts to keep it going with contradictary opinions
Then you re- appear and raise my fuckin cockles again with your snide self importance
Shay wants to leave ,City quite understandable only want him to leave on their terms.Mancini hasn`t uttered a bad word in Shays direction yet he gets the slagging .Maybe the finger your so fond of pointing should be in the direction of Garry and Brian Marwood
Shay can leave if the right offer comes in its that simple ,does it need spelling out ?

PMSL - I knew it would come eventually!

You might be sick of me but I've never really noticed you before to be honest.

Cheers to the vast majority who have kept this a good debate.

johnny crossan said:
Just watched his West Brom Part II PC on the OS. What an engaging chap. Very refreshing and how different from how it was reported in the odious press. The beatification of Bobby will occur soon I hope.

It also make a mockery of those on this thread who assume to know how he is as a communicator and man manager. Very clear about shay. Very clear about Ade. And correct on both counts.

I also liked the way he instictively wanted to say loose terrain rather than loose ground. It's the latin still at the front of his language cue.

Failsworth_Blue said:
halpo123 said:
i love his substitutions they certainly throw me at times but they show an imagination lacking in most like for like type managers
Bringing on a fourth "defensive" midfielder against Salsburg was comedy gold ,well done Bob

Who were the 4 defensive midfielders?
nige gaz yaya and patrick ,all holding midfielders according to some

I think the reason he didnt let Shay go in the window gone is that Mancini isnt totally 100 % sure on Joe if he can handle the pressure. So far this season we have seen Joe do a big fuck up which you get from the younger keepers no matter how many games they have played. Joe is a experienced keeper he is not a kid anymore. I honestly think that if Joe messes up again and it costs us points again before then January window then Shay will get a run into the team. His expreience over the years you wouldnt see someone like him making a rash decision like Joe did.

There is nothing between both keepers it is just that simple. To say Shay is not as good as Joe is a piss take. People werent saying that when Given was in goal all of last season. I said it in the past about having 2 number 1 keepers that it would never work out as well but it seems that Mancini has made this decision too late. Or if Joe does mess up again it could be seen as a great decision to keep Shay on and leave Joe on the bench. Only time will tell but we cant keep both keepers as they will never be happy.

Didsbury Dave said:
blueinsa said:
Dave, as a poster who does have doubts as to whether Mancini is the right man in the long run and as someone who was desperate for Mourinho to come, i fell i have to defend him here to be honest. What has he done wrong? Adie and Shay and Ireland before them couldnt get a game, so what? Are we really going to take the side of a few players that for whatever reason, are unable to get a game and then decide to run to the press at every opportunity, crying like babies?

Sorry mate but for me, Mancini is doing nothing wrong in not picking them, thats his choice and as always, he will live or die by those decisions and results.

These players are the ones that need to be questioned for me, fucking ridiculous this running to the press, crying and whinging every two minutes knowing full well, its only purpose is to undermine the manager. Any other line of work and these fuckers would be out on their arses!

It isn't about individual players, for me, sa.

It's the fact that we've had continuous rumbles from within the squad about a lack of communication since he came. Not one, not two, not three, not four...it's happened loads of times.

Because of our huge turnover of players and rush to get to the top, I think we need a happy camp to be successful.

I don't mind him leaving people out, I can even handle him even transferring people if he doesn't rate them. But I don't think we can be successful with unhappy, insecure or confused players in the squad.

It's all very well to say "Shay can fuck off, he's not number one". But we might need Shay if Hart gets injured or even loses form. Also, Shay is well liked and respected by the rest of the squad. If he's pissed off and in the dark, you can bet that his mates know about it. Competition for places is a good thing, but squad unity, desire and passion is imperative.

It's not too much to ask that the players are talked to by the management on an ongoing basis.

You have to do that if you want to keep a big squad of big names, with only 11 places, motivated and united.
who told Shay to fuck off,missed that one fuckin sack him

Gelsons Dad said:
It also make a mockery of those on this thread who assume to know how he is as a communicator and man manager. Very clear about shay. Very clear about Ade. And correct on both counts.

It's funny, other than the cheap jibe about making a mockery of people in this thread - I agree he is very clear bout Ade and Shay. Maybe if he'd shown that kind of clarity directly to them they wouldn't have needed to whine to the press. Just a suggestion...and I don't know for a fact that he didn't - I'm just speculating. It could well be that he has, and they've whined anyway.

Rammy Blue said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread but, in my opinion, part of why this is happening at the moment is due to it not being easy to leave City.

All these guys are on larger wages than they would get at any other club - Ade is on circa 150k per week and when he wants to go he knows he won't get the same contract from any other club. By making a nuisance of himself he then hopes we will subsidize his wages when he finally moves on by us accepting a lower fee to get him off the books. This theory was perfectly executed by Bellamy, and to a certain degree Ireland with his payoff, and is exactly the same as what Given will/is attempting to do.
spot on ,they expect City to subsidise them,Bellamy hopefully was the last

leighton said:
I think the reason he didnt let Shay go in the window gone is that Mancini isnt totally 100 % sure on Joe if he can handle the pressure. So far this season we have seen Joe do a big fuck up which you get from the younger keepers no matter how many games they have played. Joe is a experienced keeper he is not a kid anymore. I honestly think that if Joe messes up again and it costs us points again before then January window then Shay will get a run into the team. His expreience over the years you wouldnt see someone like him making a rash decision like Joe did.

There is nothing between both keepers it is just that simple. To say Shay is not as good as Joe is a piss take. People werent saying that when Given was in goal all of last season. I said it in the past about having 2 number 1 keepers that it would never work out as well but it seems that Mancini has made this decision too late. Or if Joe does mess up again it could be seen as a great decision to keep Shay on and leave Joe on the bench. Only time will tell but we cant keep both keepers as they will never be happy.

I think that's called 'spin'.

So, putting a lad in the first team, a lad who is now being described as one of the greatest goalkeeping talents of the modern age, over a well established senior International, a brave decision that has been widely received as being the correct one, is now being derided by you because Shay isn't happy?

I couldn't care if Mancini made his decision an hour before the Spurs game because that decision saved us a point and has potentially created a superstar. It's all about the Club, not Shay Given.

"...it seems that Mancini has made his decision too late." Give over man. Credit where credit's due.

leighton said:

I think the reason Shay didn't go was because no one came in with enough money and/or he didn't want to take a pay cut. If you're hoping or probably praying would be more appropriate in you're case, that Shay will rise like a phoenix from Joe's flames then I fear you're in for a wasting you're time. The fact is Joe is No.1 and because he is younger only catastrophe will prevent this being the case for a very long time. Shay would be better off seeking employment elsewhere in the next window, provided its on our terms and we can find a decent understudy that will be happy to be benched without spreading all this unnecessary bad feeling around the club.

Didsbury Dave said:
halpo123 said:
this may come over as a somewhat "brainless or not fit for your superior intellect" kind of statement but I`m pretty sick of you to be honest
Talk about over reacting ,this thread although starting from the disadvantage of being yours has been okay barring De niros obvious attempts to keep it going with contradictary opinions
Then you re- appear and raise my fuckin cockles again with your snide self importance
Shay wants to leave ,City quite understandable only want him to leave on their terms.Mancini hasn`t uttered a bad word in Shays direction yet he gets the slagging .Maybe the finger your so fond of pointing should be in the direction of Garry and Brian Marwood
Shay can leave if the right offer comes in its that simple ,does it need spelling out ?

PMSL - I knew it would come eventually!

You might be sick of me but I've never really noticed you before to be honest.

Cheers to the vast majority who have kept this a good debate.
ooh the old DD put down i`ll slink back to me corner.sorry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.