Bayern away

Price of hotels ridiculous in Munich so staying halfway back to Salzburg. The only problem is that the last train is about midnight. Based on previous visits does anyone know if the Munich police will keep us in for a long time after the match?
I don’t recall being kept in at all on either time I’ve been

I don’t recall being kept in at all on either time I’ve been

I left 3 minutes before the end of the Leipzig game, found out later City fans were kept in for 25 minutes before pushing their way out. First time in about 10 trips to German teams I'd heard of being kept behind.

I left 3 minutes before the end of the Leipzig game, found out later City fans were kept in for 25 minutes before pushing their way out. First time in about 10 trips to German teams I'd heard of being kept behind.
I was at Leipzig too and experienced that. Totally pointless as we were made to walk in the wrong direction away from the city for about half a mile so is was a good 20-30 minutes of walking before we got back to the stadium on the other side in order to walk back to the city centre. By then the Leipzig fans were long gone.

I was at Leipzig too and experienced that. Totally pointless as we were made to walk in the wrong direction away from the city for about half a mile so is was a good 20-30 minutes of walking before we got back to the stadium on the other side in order to walk back to the city centre. By then the Leipzig fans were long gone.

Posted about that at the time
A few 'older' Blues were toiling with the walk

Price of hotels ridiculous in Munich so staying halfway back to Salzburg. The only problem is that the last train is about midnight. Based on previous visits does anyone know if the Munich police will keep us in for a long time after the match?
I don't think so, as we we've never been kept in after previous games in Munich, or even after Schalke, Hoffenheim, Hamburg, or Dortmund.

Leipzig was the only exception, and I still don't why, especially as I'd been to the same stadium just a few weeks earlier, when the Stuttgart fans were deemed trustworthy enough to be allowed to leave after the Final Whistle

Just be mindful that the Allianz Arena is roughly 30 mins on the train from the hauptbahnhof, and that's before you factor-in the walk to the nearest metro/queues etc

It was a similar story in 2014-15 when our 1-0 defeat clashed with the Oktoberfest and all the hotels were ridiculously expensive. I'd booked a train journey, not dissimilar to yours, and only just made it

I don't think so, as we we've never been kept in after previous games in Munich, or even after Schalke, Hoffenheim, Hamburg, or Dortmund.

Leipzig was the only exception, and I still don't why, especially as I'd been to the same stadium just a few weeks earlier, when the Stuttgart fans were deemed trustworthy enough to be allowed to leave after the Final Whistle

Just be mindful that the Allianz Arena is roughly 30 mins on the train from the hauptbahnhof, and that's before you factor-in the walk to the nearest metro/queues etc

It was a similar story in 2014-15 when our 1-0 defeat clashed with the Oktoberfest and all the hotels were ridiculously expensive. I'd booked a train journey, not dissimilar to yours, and only just made it
Also factor in the potential for extra time and penalties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.