Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

I had my doubts before the game especially in the full back area's. I expected Walker to start because of his pace. However Ekanji and Ake were both superb as wide centre backs and Dias was immense holding it all together. I am not Eddys biggest fan so it was nice to see him make some important saves when required. Stones was superb in his role too and looks to be really enjoying the challenge. It was interesting that Stones was more a CB than a RB when were defending and I think correctly that was clever as Ekanji didnt give Coman much and Ake kept Sane pretty quiet. Bernie and Jack kept their full backs pinned back which allowed us to dominate the midfield where Rodri was magnificent.

Then we had Haaland, a goal and an assist, he is a big game player and maybe he will take us to that next step.

I see Stones got MOM, but it could have been anyone as it was a complete team performance. Every single player worked hard, gave everything and we were clinical when needed to be. As close to perfect as I have ever seen from City.

Difficult to remember that was only a QF. If we are going to win this competition we still have 4 more games probably as testing as last night. That's a hard ask if you also have to win all the remaining league games. This team can do it but my god if they achieve it we owe them, they will be exhausted.
Next 1 can be a dour nil nil for us.

I know that probably Haaland will win player of the season (and rightly so) but the credit you have to give to AKE is unbelievable.
He has been the most improved player, the most consistent the most honest the most reliable and also playing in not his natural position can be a major difference in winning these important games as proved tonight.
Give Pep some credit to believe that he could play as a left back to such a high standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.