Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the next York moment.

City finally get their act together in 2018 and reach the Champions League Final. By this time we're averaging 55, 000 in the Premier League, all of whom claim to have been present for the embarrassing 2-0 home defeat against Bayern Munich's reserve team in 2014

If we ever got to the final, the club should only sell tickets to those who made an effort in the competition, regardless of how many points you have. Manchester City vs FC Bayern Munich, could you of imagined that 10 years ago? Spoilt, ungreatfull slapped arses the lot of you.

BTW, if you generally can't afford it or you work shit hours then that wasn't aimed at you!

Neville Kneville said:
inbetween said:
People considering not going against a world class side in the biggest competition in the world. What has become of our fans. Not long ago it didn't matter who we played nor whether we won or lost, you would man up and be there. We really don't deserve anything we have been given.

People would turn up to support the team in the league games, & in cup games if they could afford it, & if it was a competition they had an interest in.

No different.

Why has no-one got any interest in the Champions League? Just because we are practically out does that mean our support should just pack in? It baffles me that no-one wants to see us play against world class opposition. Are we all paying to watch the football or are we all now so spoilt that we are now paying to watch us only to win and throw the toys out if we don't.

I appreciate not everyone can afford the extra games but to say there is no interest in the competition?? If I was the Sheikh I'd just pack up and not bother because to say we have the best support in the world... I'm not so sure! If the Sheikh packed up then it would be goodbye titles, goodbye cup runs, he isn't interested in a poxy FA Cup or just winning the title every year. He wants us to become great in Europe and to become a huge club which is what we all need to strive towards because we have that chance. We can't do that without taking the Champions League seriously....

This attitude really does baffle me and it is so small time. It's not even the fact the stadium will be half empty that annoys me, it is the attitude going around that people really can afford it but won't be going in some protest about the competition or this attitude that they aren't bothered about the competition.

Obviously some cannot afford it though which I appreciate and I admit I have to pick and choose games myself but I will be on against Bayern because I will be there for the football, not the result.

Had we won twice against CSKA, I wonder if all these 'protests' or 'lack of interest' really would even be in anyone's thoughts. It certainly wasn't for the Barcelona game !!

Some City fans need to have a word with themselves. Get over this UEFA corruption, get over this "we've been shite so why should I pay" bollocks. This is City. Did you stop turning up when we were 8pts behind the rags in 2012. Did you stop turning up when we lost at Anfield last season or when Chelsea beat us at home? The players need our support. We need to believe we can go through. We were down and out against Gillingham and won. The same v QPR in 2012 and we won and we showed fighting spirit to win the league last season too. What are the odds we beat Bayern and Roma? Not very good. Are we likely to? No. Will we probably put in a shite performance again? Yes! But who cares, we get behind the lads, we enjoy the fact we are playing Bayern Munich (when did you think that would happen in a competitive game a few years ago?) and we see what happens. We have nothing to lose in this one. Let's smash the German bastards!

I'll be there - even if recent midweek games are making my 1.5hr journey double!

As my Leeds supporting friend quite frequently tells me "Enjoy it while you can! Because when it's gone you will miss it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.