Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

Hi there :) I registered in this board when we met in the cl last year and i´m still reading here quite frequently.

As most of you know, we have many injured players. And the latest injuries of Alaba and Lahm really cost us, becaue our CM ist pretty much empty bar Alsonso.
Against Hoffenheim on the weekend we just played Alonso as CM and Götze ahead, there was no real second CM, only Rafinha tended to drift into the centre.
I don´t think, that we will play like that against you. Schweinsteiger made his comeback against Hoffenheim, but as he said himself, he needs a bit more time to start a game. So we will likely start with Rode, who´s not bad, but unexperienced on this level. Alonso, Rode and Götze will probably play in the centre. That means one of our four grandés upfront (Lewandowski, Ribéry, Robben, Müller) will be benched at least.
I also could imagine, that Shaqiri will start in order to rest another player. Boateng is slightly injured which leads to the following team:

------Lewandowski-----------
Ribery----Götze-------Müller (maybe Shaqiri instead of Ribéry/Müller, i think Robben will be rested)
-------Alonso----Rode------- (maybe Höjbjerg instead of Rode)
Bernat------------------Rafinha
-------Dante---Benatia--------
-------------Neuer---------------

The offense ist hard to predict, Lewandwoski and Götze will probably play, one or two out of Robben/Ribéry/Müller will be benched/rested.

I´m looking forward to a good game and because both teams suffer injuries and suspensions (is this the right word for "banned" in this context?^^) especially in the centre midfield, i except a quite fast and offensive game from both teams.

Btw. why is Bayern so hated here? Is it (mainly) because of Rummenigges comments about FFP? When i´m reading other english football forums (from united, chelsea und arsenal) Bayern always seems quite popular among their fans. Reading here there is like 1 positive comment for every 10 negative.

Matty said:
bayern blade said:
Bayern possible line up (from Kicker) :

Neuer

Benatia
Dante
Bernat
Rafinha

Alonso
Rode
Robben
Müller
Ribery

Lewandowski

Given that Bayern have not only qualified but also won the group, with 2 games to spare, what are the chances they actually rest a decent number of players, like they did against City a few years ago, when we finished 3rd in the group behind Munich and Napoli? Obviously as a City fan I want to see us play against the very best, and beat them, but, as a win is essential, our chances of achieving one would be greatly improved if Munich field a few youth/reserve players tomorrow.

As others said we have so many injured players, we can´t really rest that many normally starting players.
And i also think, that Guardiola wouldn´t do this because last year he was crititized that he killed "our run" by resting to many players in the Bundesliga after we won it.
I except 2 or 3 subs, namely Dante, Rode/Höjbjerg, maybe Shaqiri for Boateng(slight injured) and 1 or 2 out of Ribéry/Robben/Müller

For instance, our average positions against Hoffenheim

tft9phxa.png

So we basically played a 3-2-5 :D
As i said, i´m sure that one offensive player will be dropped in order to get Rode or Höjbjerg on to support Alonso in the centre.

Time to see if not having Yaya in the CL is a blessing in disguise or not. Our best result came without him and he's consistently failed to perform for us in this competition, so it will be good to see how we cope without him. We will surely look a lot more solid in midfield without him, but others will have to step up if we aren't going to miss his recycling of the ball. Should be a good test, but Silva will be badly missed as always, Nasri will need to really step up if we are going to keep the ball well and try and cause them problems.

bayern fan said:
Hi there :) I registered in this board when we met in the cl last year and i´m still reading here quite frequently.

As most of you know, we have many injured players. And the latest injuries of Alaba and Lahm really cost us, becaue our CM ist pretty much empty bar Alsonso.
Against Hoffenheim on the weekend we just played Alonso as CM and Götze ahead, there was no real second CM, only Rafinha tended to drift into the centre.
I don´t think, that we will play like that against you. Schweinsteiger made his comeback against Hoffenheim, but as he said himself, he needs a bit more time to start a game. So we will likely start with Rode, who´s not bad, but unexperienced on this level. Alonso, Rode and Götze will probably play in the centre. That means one of our four grandés upfront (Lewandowski, Ribéry, Robben, Müller) will be benched at least.
I also could imagine, that Shaqiri will start in order to rest another player. Boateng is slightly injured which leads to the following team:

Ribery----Götze-------Müller (maybe Shaqiri instead of Ribéry/Müller, i think Robben will be rested)

The offense ist hard to predict, Lewandwoski and Götze will probably play, one or two out of Robben/Ribéry/Müller will be benched/rested.

I´m looking forward to a good game and because both teams suffer injuries and suspensions (is this the right word for "banned" in this context?^^) especially in the centre midfield, i except a quite fast and offensive game from both teams.

Btw. why is Bayern so hated here? Is it (mainly) because of Rummenigges comments about FFP? When i´m reading other english football forums (from united, chelsea und arsenal) Bayern always seems quite popular among their fans. Reading here there is like 1 positive comment for every 10 negative.

Well bad mouthing our finances while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

Oh and you're basically the German Man Un***d, you've had a financial advantage for years that has allowed you to bully the rest of your league and it's made you arrogant, made you think you're somehow better than everyone else when in reality, as has been shown in the Premier League, take away that advantage and you're no better. And we fucking hate those red bastards.

But apart from that you're alright.

I am sure I saw Glendon training along with Pozo with the first team on SSN earlier, which makes sense considering we only have three available central midfielders, two if you see Milner more as a winger.

I reckon he could get some game time here because I don't see Lampard playing a full 90 mins, not against Bayern anyway.

What a game to make your debut if so!

aguero93:20 said:
bayern fan said:

Well bad mouthing our finances while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

Oh and you're basically the German Man Un***d, you've had a financial advantage for years that has allowed you to bully the rest of your league and it's made you arrogant, made you think you're somehow better than everyone else when in reality, as has been shown in the Premier League, take away that advantage and you're no better. And we fucking hate those red bastards.

agreed

sam-caddick said:
I am sure I saw Glendon training along with Pozo with the first team on SSN earlier, which makes sense considering we only have three available central midfielders, two if you see Milner more as a winger.

I reckon he could get some game time here because I don't see Lampard playing a full 90 mins, not against Bayern anyway.

What a game to make your debut if so!
Bit surprised Glendon is the first choice for youth team central midfielders. A tidy player, but I'd of thought one of the french lads would be ahead of him. Always nice to see youth players in the squad though, the silver lining to any injury crisis

aguero93:20 said:
bayern fan said:

So for you sponsoring an already very successfull local club (as you said, our sponsors are bavarian) and a very well known brand is the same as a billionaire blasting money into a club, that was not successfull for the past ?? years and that he has no connection to?

And selling shares of your club can only occur to a certain extent whereas there is/was no limit for foreign billionaires to invest their money into a club. And this is, what FFP is trying to do...creating a limit... otherwise the champions league in 10-20 years would probably be a "sheik championship" and smaller clubs without an investor would completely vanish.

And what kind of financial advantage did we have for years? I hope you´re not referring to the Olympiastadion because many teams got support building stadiums for the WC 1974. We are the only german club that has been successfull since the 1970s. Many clubs were on top for some years but none managed to stay on top....and this surely isn´t only because we had a "financial advantage".

Contrary all premier league clubs have a big financial advantage over all other european teams (excluding Barca and Real) just because of the money you get for the tv rights.
Concerning this topic bayern refuses to market themself (as Barca and Real do for example), which would give them A LOT more money but would harm the other Bundesliga clubs.

But i agree with you that Rummenigge and Hoeneß should probably keep their voice a bit lower concerning financial affairs. We call it "Wer im Glashaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen" here in germany ;) ("you should not throw with stones if you´re sitting in a glasshouse")

bayern fan said:

I don’t hate Bayern. In fact I was in the Allianz for your first game of last season against Monchengladbach.

I think on the whole most City fans respect Bayern, especially as you’ve done us a favour on more than one occasion against United.
The problem as I see it, is that Rummenigge doesn’t respect Manchester City and some of his comments come across as hypocritical, especially as Bayern’s expansion is in danger of weakening the Bundesliga. whilst City’s progress has actually benefitted the Premier League.

Bayern are the biggest team in Germany, but when the Bundesliga was formed in 1963 they weren’t even the biggest team in Munich. However, they were in the right place at the right time, and just like Real Madrid, United and Liverpool, the European Cup/Champions League has made them part of a condescending elite

City arguably have more in common with the yoyo clubs such as Fortuna Dusseldorf or Kaiserslautern (who provided half the team for the Miracle of Berne).
The only way these teams can break the mould is by outside investment, but Rummenigge would rather they stay as they are.

He calls it fair competition, but it all sounds a bit unfair to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.