Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bayern munich

kp789 said:
Who's joining me for a pint and a chinwag?

-- Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm --

LoveCity said:
Yeah, sales have picked up. Half of the South Stand was yellow (considerable) availability the other day. Only the Family Stand (as usual) needs to get moving.

r76OIzk.jpg
The 3rd tier will go green soon.
I'll be in city square with Tony and Muttly for a pint

andyhinch said:
kp789 said:

LoveCity said:
Yeah, sales have picked up. Half of the South Stand was yellow (considerable) availability the other day. Only the Family Stand (as usual) needs to get moving.

r76OIzk.jpg
Tony!?!? Toby wont like that! I might come on down. Me and our mate are taking a Wolves fan, poor lad hasn't experienced a cup game beyond the johnstones paint trophy

fathellensbellend said:
SWP's back said:
fathellensbellend said:
hopefully 1000's of empty seats, the people setting the prices have no idea.

When many people have to work one whole day, to buy just one ticket, never mind for the family then something is very wrong.

no doubt the ground will be full of camera flashing tourist's though, just what platini and his kind wanted.
Yeah £99 for 3 matches is fucking awful in the CL.

I hope there aren't 1000's of empty seats as that won't help the team will it.

99 quid for 3 matches in the CL, is not bad, if you have just yourself to pay for, for a family it's a huge ask.

also domestic games are very expensive, this isn't the bundersliga, we charge 43 quid and up to watch the might of hull city.

the fact is, city don't have a different 50000 people to call upon every 10-14 days, our fanbase is recognised as one of the poorest in the country, the reallity is this game at the present moment has loads of tickets left, and yes they may sell, which to the club will justify the prices, but it is impossible to knock anyone who watches on the box. Considering ticket revenue is considered a drop in the ocean in regard to turnover it seems that clubs are still hellbent on fleecing the fans for every last penny.
I suspect logistics halves City's match-going fan-base for the midweek games

City need that new stadium to increase the fan-base. At the moment it's the same people who go all the time. And as you say there are limits on how many times you can go to the well

The Everton game is sold out already, so it's only really the midweek Cup games that allow City to attract new fans to the club.

Utd did not sell out their Champions League game versus Bayer Leverkusen<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm --<br /><br />
Ducado said:
Due to work commitments I won't be at this game in fact all week day games are difficult for me
That's a pity

The Dortmund game last season was spectacular

Best game I think I have seen and the atmosphere was special even though we were under the cosh and not doing well in the competition

kp789 said:
andyhinch said:
kp789 said:

Tony!?!? Toby wont like that! I might come on down. Me and our mate are taking a Wolves fan, poor lad hasn't experienced a cup game beyond the johnstones paint trophy
Yea Toby, that's the feller

Marvin said:
fathellensbellend said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah £99 for 3 matches is fucking awful in the CL.

I hope there aren't 1000's of empty seats as that won't help the team will it.

99 quid for 3 matches in the CL, is not bad, if you have just yourself to pay for, for a family it's a huge ask.

also domestic games are very expensive, this isn't the bundersliga, we charge 43 quid and up to watch the might of hull city.

the fact is, city don't have a different 50000 people to call upon every 10-14 days, our fanbase is recognised as one of the poorest in the country, the reallity is this game at the present moment has loads of tickets left, and yes they may sell, which to the club will justify the prices, but it is impossible to knock anyone who watches on the box. Considering ticket revenue is considered a drop in the ocean in regard to turnover it seems that clubs are still hellbent on fleecing the fans for every last penny.
I suspect logistics halves City's match-going fan-base for the midweek games

City need that new stadium to increase the fan-base. At the moment it's the same people who go all the time. And as you say there are limits on how many times you can go to the well

The Everton game is sold out already, so it's only really the midweek Cup games that allow City to attract new fans to the club.

Utd did not sell out their Champions League game versus Bayer Leverkusen

-- Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm --

Ducado said:
Due to work commitments I won't be at this game in fact all week day games are difficult for me
That's a pity

The Dortmund game last season was spectacular

Best game I think I have seen and the atmosphere was special even though we were under the cosh and not doing well in the competition
In all seriousness when was the last time United 'sold out' or actually had 76,000 inside the ground

Davs 19 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I didn't go last night and won't be doing any CC games.

Bayern is the 2nd biggest home game of season for me behind the rags.

I can't understand anyone who would choose Everton at home over this if you had a choice.

No regular near me is going though.

I suppose it depends whether you've paid out for SC's for the family mate.

Wasn't having a go at ST holders as that is already a big outlay. If paying for family even more so.

What I don't get is casual match goers choosing Everton over Bayern. Maye they don't and go to both. Would be interested to know the stats but prob never will.

Davs 19 said:
I didn't go last night and won't be doing any CC games.

Bayern is the 2nd biggest home game of season for me behind the rags.

I can't understand anyone who would choose Everton at home over this if you had a choice.

No regular near me is going though.

I suppose it depends whether you've paid out for SC's for the family mate.

Wasn't having a go at ST holders as that is already a big outlay. If paying for family even more so.

What I don't get is casual match goers choosing Everton over Bayern. Maye they don't and go to both. Would be interested to know the stats but prob never will.
There are only about 7k tickets available for a League game like Everton, but there are over 40k for a Cup game

There's no evidence to suggest some are choosing Everton over Bayern, but for some out of towners, Bayern wont even be a choice. They'd have to take work off just to get here, then there's getting back after the last trains have gone etc

I joined the CL cup scheme but can't make the game as I booked to go away next week before the CL draw was made so the club have still got my £43. I'm gutted to be missing this game, the biggest of the season as far as I am concerned. £43 is reasonable value for a game of this size and importance so I hope the stadium is near to capacity as it should be a great atmosphere. I really feel the team plays it's best with a full stadium behind them making loads of noise. However, sacrifices have to be made hence I missed the Wigan game.

stan bowles said:
I joined the CL cup scheme but can't make the game as I booked to go away next week before the CL draw was made so the club have still got my £43. I'm gutted to be missing this game, the biggest of the season as far as I am concerned. £43 is reasonable value for a game of this size and importance so I hope the stadium is near to capacity as it should be a great atmosphere. I really feel the team plays it's best with a full stadium behind them making loads of noise. However, sacrifices have to be made hence I missed the Wigan game.

The bloke next to me never goes to midweek games, 400 mile round trip.

It does seem to me that we have a high proportion of young fans. Hence the FA cup games selling out quicker than CL games. Obviously the cheaper price was a big factor, but midweek makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.