Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to this game now. It should be a rocking atmosphere and I've suddenly had this Ah Ha moment. City are playing Bayern Munich in the Champions League with a realistic chance of winning. What's not to like? Bring it on.

gmckennasell said:
bayern are even more arrogant than yooonitd from rumennige all the way down to their fans , they try to buy their league every season , and try to come across as some perfect business model . They are long overdue a good hiding from us , give rummenigge another reason to go whinging to platini.

Bayerns HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS is that THEY HAVE VERY FEW LEAGUE CONTENDERS.
They have only one real contender BVB , which is twice cheaper team and only have one very good striker which is sold to Bayern again. :)
/ Lewandowski JAN. / IN this condition they can really afford to rest half the team for Champions league. Premier leauge is much tougher and it takes a lot of energy from theirs teams. SO it is a bit unfair regarding Champion league and Premier league teams.

Zlatan said:
gmckennasell said:
bayern are even more arrogant than yooonitd from rumennige all the way down to their fans , they try to buy their league every season , and try to come across as some perfect business model . They are long overdue a good hiding from us , give rummenigge another reason to go whinging to platini.

Bayerns HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS is that THEY HAVE VERY FEW LEAGUE CONTENDERS.
They have only one real contender BVB , which is twice cheaper team and only have one very good striker which is sold to Bayern again. :)
/ Lewandowski JAN. / IN this condition they can really afford to rest half the team for Champions league. Premier leauge is much tougher and it takes a lot of energy from theirs teams. SO it is a bit unfair regarding Champion league and Premier league teams.

if bayern played in the premier league , they wouldnt win it , they might get top 4 , munich could put their eds side out for 50% of their bundesliga games and still win it.

Zlatan said:
gmckennasell said:

Leverkusen were very poor against Utd and they re just behind Dortmund and Bayern. However it wasn't long ag that Dortmund won the Double I Germany but flopped in Europe s perhaps Leverkusen are just not confident yet in Europe.

Marvin said:
Zlatan said:
gmckennasell said:

Leverkusen were very poor against Utd and they re just behind Dortmund and Bayern. However it wasn't long ag that Dortmund won the Double I Germany but flopped in Europe s perhaps Leverkusen are just not confident yet in Europe.

I will gladly answer you that. I watch german league a lot.
BVB won that year and in next years Bayern will win in 8 out of 10 years. BVB has a great team but their problem is that their subs are not equaliy as good. Their weakest position is a striker and they even menaged to lose him. Bayerns double WIN. ( Lewandowski in this JAN. )But they at least gave a fight they turn down 30 mil eur offer for a player under 1 year conntract.
BVB maneged to win that year because everything was on their side. The only way they can really be a threat to Bayern is to buy 4,5 good players after they lose Lewandowski. Which they will not do. ( knowing their clubs politics to rearlly buy expensive player ). I think they dont even have 1 player who is over 80.000 EUR a week.
Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 are half point worse than BVB and can maximum challenge BVB, Bayern no chance. And those 2 teams dont have a funds to buy quality players which only beside Bayern BVB have.
as Leverkusen dont have a confidence in europe. They can have as much confidence they wont. they have very little really quality players. Potential of every player there is used in maximum way possible. If they play with liverpool , tottenham or last years arsenal they would of won 1 in 4 games.

Zlatan said:
Marvin said:
Zlatan said:

BVB won that year and in next years Bayern will win in 8 out of 10 years. BVB has a great team but their problem is that their subs are not equaliy as good. Their weakest position is a striker and they even menaged to lose him. Bayerns double WIN. ( Lewandowski in this JAN. )But they at least gave a fight they turn down 30 mil eur offer for a player under 1 year conntract.
BVB maneged to win that year because everything was on their side. The only way they can really be a threat to Bayern is to buy 4,5 good players after they lose Lewandowski. Which they will not do. ( knowing their clubs politics to rearlly buy expensive player ). I think they dont even have 1 player who is over 80.000 EUR a week.
Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 are half point worse than BVB and can maximum challenge BVB, Bayern no chance. And those 2 teams dont have a funds to buy quality players which only beside Bayern BVB have.
Any sign that Guardiola has changed the way Bayern play? Is Robben on form? He was a huge player for them in the European games I saw last 2 seasons.

I'd take a point right now, For me it's Bayern top and City fighting for 2nd with CSKA, but if we core first against Bayern we could beat them. Bit annoying that we play them so early in the Group. Would be better to play them on Matchday 5 or 6 when they'd be resting players.

Marvin said:
Zlatan said:
Marvin said:

Any sign that Guardiola has changed the way Bayern play? Is Robben on form? He was a huge player for them in the European games I saw last 2 seasons.

I'd take a point right now, For me it's Bayern top and City fighting for 2nd with CSKA, but if we core first against Bayern we could beat them. Bit annoying that we play them so early in the Group. Would be better to play them on Matchday 5 or 6 when they'd be resting players.

Guardiola have changed their game a bit they play more like Barcelona with possession. Before that they played more like Manchester united with wingers. In the begining Bayern had problems how to score goals. But eventually they start wining easily. Not because of Guardiola but because they are 2 class above all beside BVB in Bundes liga.
CSKA in funny to compare to Bayern. Bayern is twice as good in important games than in Bundesliga , because they can rest who ever they want for how long they want. One point against Bayern would be great. Important thing is to win and at least draw one against CSKA. They are not as good as City. City really has this year great chance to go thru the group. After that everything is possible. :)

bayern blade said:
We'll have a strong side out, other than Badstuber, Martinez and Thiago Alcantara everyone is fit. Martinez is the biggest loss but with the stength in depth we have we can cope with that.
This game could go either way but with these players we can beat anyone if we are on form.

Bayern (probable) :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Dante
Alaba

Lahm
Robben (Kroos)
Müller
Schweinsteiger
Ribery

Mandzukic

bench :

Starke
van Buyten
Shaqiri
Kirchhoff
Kroos (Robben)
Götze
Pizarro

What has happened to Badstuber? Has he been injured for well over a year now? Seems as if he has been out for a very long time. All I could find is that he ruptured his knee ligaments in 2012 but not the month he suffered the injury.

----------------------Hart----------------------
Richards Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
-----------Toure--------Fernandinho-----
-Navas-----------------------------Silva------
---------------Aguero-Negredo------------

Should keep Kolarov and Nasri pairing at some point, it works well.
Richards for Zabba for the pace.
Left side is anybody's guess, got to fit Silva and Aguero in somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.