Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
he took him off because he wasnt playing well

Wrong. The manager made the decision to sub him out while City was up 2-1. If Pell thought Dzeko was playing poorly, he would have left him on the pitch.

Dzeko will start against Bayern. Write it down.
Maybe it's not so clear cut as you think it is. Dzeko started the last CL game so maybe Negredo starts this one.

It is so clear right now that nobody besides Pelle knows who will start :). All others are speculating. I dont have a clue who will he play and based on what arguments, because none of the two is much better. But i would like to see Dzeko against Bayern I am sure in one thing that DZEKO WILL GIVE HIS 100 % THIS GAME.

Zlatan said:
Jumanji said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Wrong. The manager made the decision to sub him out while City was up 2-1. If Pell thought Dzeko was playing poorly, he would have left him on the pitch.

Dzeko will start against Bayern. Write it down.
Maybe it's not so clear cut as you think it is. Dzeko started the last CL game so maybe Negredo starts this one.

It is so clear right now that nobody besides Pelle knows who will start :). Are others are speculating. I dont have a clue who will he play and based on what arguments, because none of the two is much better. But i would like to see Dzeko against Bayern I am sure in one thing that DZEKO WILL GIVE HIS 100 % THIS GAME.
As a professional, he should give 100% every game but he is lazy.

I'm not keen on Dzeko playing against Bayern. Last time around, he couldn't hold up the ball worth a shite, constantly broke down moves, and was dispossessed with ease from Bayern's high pressure.

That and he had the audacity to moan & slam his boots when he got subbed off despite being so poor.

Jumanji said:
Zlatan said:
Jumanji said:

It is so clear right now that nobody besides Pelle knows who will start :). Are others are speculating. I dont have a clue who will he play and based on what arguments, because none of the two is much better. But i would like to see Dzeko against Bayern I am sure in one thing that DZEKO WILL GIVE HIS 100 % THIS GAME.

I'm not keen on Dzeko playing against Bayern. Last time around, he couldn't hold up the ball worth a shite, constantly broke down moves, and was dispossessed with ease from Bayern's high pressure.

That and he had the audacity to moan when he got subbed off despite being so poor.

I haven wrote it correctly than. A lot of you are saying that in some games he does not look 100 % concetrated and sharp. Well in this game he will be at least that, but maybe he can be also great overall and score 1 or 2 goals. Dzeko CAN and already did that to Bayern. If he is on the right path the Bayern defenders will have hard time stoping him. I have same funny feeling that he would score two goals and at least one with the head. It will be te real bundesliga Dzeko. I think that Bayern really motivates him big time.

Puppet Master Silva said:
My team for this:

------------------------Hart-----------------------
Richards ---Vinny-------Nastasic----Clichy
----------------Yaya-------Rodwell--------------
Silva--------------Aguero----------------Nasri
--------------------Negredo---------------------

For me, we can't be too intimidated by the quality Bayern obviously possess, but we also can't just go all out and play a fully offensive team. With that in mind I think we can only afford to play one of Kolarov/Richards due to the fact they both can be found wanting defensively, although Micah on his day can be fantastic, which is why I've gone with him. Clichy will hopefully be solid on the left but he could well be up against Robben, who incidentally Micah has said is the best winger he's ever played against. The next contentious decision in some people's mind will be whether to stick or twist with Nastasic after todays game, I think we should keep the faith with him just simply because he's a class defender and these kind of games are the one's you want a settled centre back partnership to be playing in. I picked Rodwell to play alongside Yaya for fairly selfish reasons as I personally rate him very highly and think he deserves more game time, what bigger stage to give him the chance to go out there and prove himself? I think he has the potential to become on of ours and England's best. The wingers or attacking midfielders is a tricky one but as I saw someone post earlier, Bayern are a Pep guardiola team and they're going to want to keep the ball, so it's vital that when we have the ball we keep it and don't give it away stupidly. That's why I think we shouldn't start with an out and out winger but perhaps bring Navas on against fading legs. The Strike partnership was a fairly easy one for me, I've not seen enough of Jovetic to say he warrants a place in a game as big as this so we should play our 2 best forwards at the moment, that for me is Negredo and Aguero. Aguero for obvious reasons and Negredo as he can win and hold the ball up a lot better than Dzeko can, which will be vital against a team of Bayerns stature.

It's by no means going to be an easy task on Wednesday, but if we play half as well as we did against United we definitely have a chance of taking all three points. Come on City!

Ferdy instead of Rodwell and this is a team that CAN beat Munich!

Jumanji said:
Zlatan said:
Jumanji said:

That and he had the audacity to moan & slam his boots when he got subbed off despite being so poor.

Just because he was poor in last games with Bayern, he will want even more to prove him self. So i am at least 70%-75% he will me the maschine if he starts the game and he will connect good to Aguero you should not be to worry about that, They all connect well to him, It is not hard to connect well with a world class player. :)

Hi everybody, I'm a Bayern fan who came here in order to find out a bit more about our next opponent. I figuered that here is not too much information about the current status and tactics of our team, so I decided to add some.

First of all the Pep system is starting to kick in. Not perfectly yet but it's improving. Pep has basically only thing in mind: Ball possession. As a result from that ball recovery is another key. Over stretches this season Bayern has shown some amazing pressing deep in the opponent's half. Possession and recovery are both not yet on Barca level and probably will never be. But honestly that's not a big deal as long as our defense remains a level above Barca's. We are also much more dynamic than Barca ever was.

From City's point of view there are basically two issues you have to take care off:
Firstly, you have to shut down our wingers. If Ribery and Robben get more than once in a one on one situation, then we will score, that's almost inevitable. They are just too good. Shutting them down is possible if you double cover the wings whenever Rib or Rob get to the ball. Also, be aware of those situations when Ribery and Robben show up on the same wing. That's what we call "the circus is in town" as these two artists do amazing stuff with each other. In general Pep's Bayern are much more rotating than last year's team was.
Secondly, try to match up our midfield dominance. Now that's much harder to achieve. Our basic system is Pep's beloved 4-1-4-1. But when we attack our FB's move forward and usually even to the inside, which then basically turns it into a 2-3-4-1 and provides us with up to 7 (!) midfielders. In order to match this it will require a lot of footwork from your strikers. But obviously it also opens up opportunities for your counter attacks -- if you can control the ball long enough to launch one... ;-)

As for players: As long Martinez and Thiago aren't fit, Lahm will remain the sole defending midfielder. And he's doing a pretty good job there. Schweinsteiger falls back sometimes but rather when we have the ball in order to orchestrate the attack . The team I expect is:

Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Lahm
Robben - Schweinsteiger - Kroos - Ribery
Mandzukic

With Mueller coming off the bench. Mueller is the most erratic player in the world, a constant pain in the ass and scoring threat, hence he will definitely play, either as a substitute or from the start instead of Kroos or Mandzukic. We'll see. And either Goetze or Shaqiri will get some playing time too as Schweinsteiger is not at full strength yet after several months of injuries, therefore I expect him to be replaced at some stage.

Anyway, I definitely do respect the quality of City's squard, and therefore I think this is going to be a very interesting game I'm really looking forward to. The first real test for the Pep-Bayern. I would be OK with an away draw, TBH. Good luck guys!

Tiberius said:
Hi everybody, I'm a Bayern fan who came here in order to find out a bit more about our next opponent. I figuered that here is not too much information about the current status and tactics of our team, so I decided to add some.

First of all the Pep system is starting to kick in. Not perfectly yet but it's improving. Pep has basically only thing in mind: Ball possession. As a result from that ball recovery is another key. Over stretches this season Bayern has shown some amazing pressing deep in the opponent's half. Possession and recovery are both not yet on Barca level and probably will never be. But honestly that's not a big deal as long as our defense remains a level above Barca's. We are also much more dynamic than Barca ever was.

From City's point of view there are basically two issues you have to take care off:
Firstly, you have to shut down our wingers. If Ribery and Robben get more than once in a one on one situation, then we will score, that's almost inevitable. They are just too good. Shutting them down is possible if you double cover the wings whenever Rib or Rob get to the ball. Also, be aware of those situations when Ribery and Robben show up on the same wing. That's what we call "the circus is in town" as these two artists do amazing stuff with each other. In general Pep's Bayern are much more rotating than last year's team was.
Secondly, try to match up our midfield dominance. Now that's much harder to achieve. Our basic system is Pep's beloved 4-1-4-1. But when we attack our FB's move forward and usually even to the inside, which then basically turns it into a 2-3-4-1 and provides us with up to 7 (!) midfielders. In order to match this it will require a lot of footwork from your strikers. But obviously it also opens up opportunities for your counter attacks -- if you can control the ball long enough to launch one... ;-)

As for players: As long Martinez and Thiago aren't fit, Lahm will remain the sole defending midfielder. And he's doing a pretty good job there. Schweinsteiger falls back sometimes but rather when we have the ball in order to orchestrate the attack . The team I expect is:

Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Lahm
Robben - Schweinsteiger - Kroos - Ribery
Mandzukic

With Mueller coming off the bench. Mueller is the most erratic player in the world, a constant pain in the ass and scoring threat, hence he will definitely play, either as a substitute or from the start instead of Kroos or Mandzukic. We'll see. And either Goetze or Shaqiri will get some playing time too as Schweinsteiger is not at full strength yet after several months of injuries, therefore I expect him to be replaced at some stage.

Anyway, I definitely do respect the quality of City's squard, and therefore I think this is going to be a very interesting game I'm really looking forward to. The first real test for the Pep-Bayern. I would be OK with an away draw, TBH. Good luck guys!
Decent first post & welcome...didn't appreciate the slight rag-like arrogance but it wasn't too bad at all. ;-)

I really really really hope Pelle will play Silva behind Kun. He'll cause havoc linking with yaya and Nasri, rather than isolate him on the right.

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba-----Kompany----Nasty------Kolorov
----------Fernan---Yaya--------------
Navas---------Silva--------------Nasri
---------------Kun-------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.