Bayern Munich v MCFC Post match Discussion thread

funny thing is that everyone seems to have rated Dzeko over Aguero for the game but everyone is saying that Dzeko was shite; yet to see someone single out Kun for a miserable performance.

What i have learnt from this match:

1. Barry is good in the league but not good enough in European competitions, we should know this because internationally he is sh***.
2. Yaya is not a defensive mid no matter what anyone says. He is a central midfielder, that is where he plays best.
3. Dzeko is no where near getting the service he requires, Nasri is a great PL for us so far, we need another Silva for service or a winger that can throw in some great crosses, someone like dare i say his name Nani, his service is bang on.
4. What has happened to our defense since last year? Seriously need to sort this out!! Hart was going mental when them goals went in.
5. Tevez is a complete waste of space and he should not be payed any wages until he leaves the club, the club should also keep him in the reserves until summer so he can suffer!!
6. Mancini is a great manager but can get his tactics wrong (what manager doesnt), i also dont fully believe the players believe in him.
7. Joe Hart in a few years will be one of the best goal keepers in the world. Also born captain.
8. Apart from Clichy there is no speed in the team, someone like Ribery or Robben is who we need.. at time our play is so slow!

If you look on the bright side, Bayern have never been beaten at home in CL since 07. However if we are to come at least 2nd we will eed to beat Villereal over two legs, beat Napoli away is a must and at least draw against Bayern at home. Worst thig we can do is come 3rd and go into Europa because our PL campaign will go to bits.

Just expect the hounds to be out tomorrow with the same old ever becoming famous quotes regarding us!

Re: An Open Letter To Carlos Tevez.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
An open letter to Carlos..

TTTCITYBHOY
ERSKINE
SCOTLAND...

Dear Carlos,
last year you should/could have won the Golden Boot,you were amazing to be honest,only that Bulgar drew level with you.
At the start of this pre - season,i was dissapointed that you wanted to leave our great institution that is Manchester City.
No one really wanted you,so you stayed with us,and thousands upon thousands of City fans welcomed you back.
At the time i was a bit dubious myself.but thought "fuk it",Carlos is back.
You weren't 100% fit early on,so Bobby kept you wrapped in cotton wool.
Then,tonight in 1 of our clubs biggest games in years (2011 cup final,1999 play off final apart),you're asked to come on and be a "hero" yet again.
What do you do......"i'm not playing".
I'm sitting here in my City shirt,nearly in tears,because our great club is getting the arse ripped out of it because of people like you.
You're on a lot of dosh playing for this club,i'd do it for nothing.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR MANCHESTER CITY,
then do me a favour..

FUK OFF PLEASE.
Yours in anticipation,
TTT.

123abcd said:
funny thing is that everyone seems to have rated Dzeko over Aguero for the game but everyone is saying that Dzeko was shite; yet to see someone single out Kun for a miserable performance.

I think the issue is more about the attitude moment, which I personally find overblown, and relating to that folks are saying that he didn't play well enough to be pissed for being subbed.
as for kun's performance - well most of the team haven't been up to par. so singling anyone out (other than hart for being brill) seems a bit wrong.

Re: An Open Letter To Carlos Tevez.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
An open letter to Carlos..

TTTCITYBHOY
ERSKINE
SCOTLAND...

Dear Carlos,
last year you should/could have won the Golden Boot,you were amazing to be honest,only that Bulgar drew level with you.
At the start of this pre - season,i was dissapointed that you wanted to leave our great institution that is Manchester City.
No one really wanted you,so you stayed with us,and thousands upon thousands of City fans welcomed you back.
At the time i was a bit dubious myself.but thought "fuk it",Carlos is back.
You weren't 100% fit early on,so Bobby kept you wrapped in cotton wool.
Then,tonight in 1 of our clubs biggest games in years (2011 cup final,1999 play off final apart),you're asked to come on and be a "hero" yet again.
What do you do......"i'm not playing".
I'm sitting here in my City shirt,nearly in tears,because our great club is getting the arse ripped out of it because of people like you.
You're on a lot of dosh playing for this club,i'd do it for nothing.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR MANCHESTER CITY,
then do me a favour..

FUK OFF PLEASE.
Yours in anticipation,
TTT.
+1, as the kids say.

Not read all 300+ posts, but imho it was Kolo at fault for the way tonight panned out. I know he is an easy target. Until the first goal we were looking good. He comitted himself to a challenge that he didn't follow through on, and backed off again 2 yards from the attacker. Clichy didn't help by reacting late either. They had too much space. Joe did well but with that much space we were fucked. When Kolo went for the guy he should have got the ball, instead he left Kompany covering him and leaving space behind himself. Leaving them to get lucky.

2nd goal, a fundamental of defending is to stay goal side of your man during free kicks and corners. Put yourself inbetween the goal and the attacker and things become a lot more difficult for them. He didn't do this most basic of things for that free kick, and it put us 2-nil down on the stroke of the half. Mancini is right, that was game over at this moment, at this level.

He did some good during the match, but nothing Lescott couldn't have done and his 2 mistakes were costly.

bosanka said:
well, if I may chip in...

1. overall, I expected more from MCFC tonight. except for superb Hart, the rest of the team really didn't show too much after the first half (of the first half). basically, twenty minutes. after that, bayern did whatever they pleased. and that kind of makes sense. because, like it or not, bayern are giants on the european stage, and city are only having their first CL season. bayern have a team axis that's been together, on the european stage, for several seasons now. city don't. so, that kind of helps understand why it's no surprise bayern won. MCFC should have tried harder, though.

2. tevez incident: I love his style of play. I hate the way he always puts himself first. you can see that on the field, always shooting even when passing is smarter; you can see that in the mercenary attitude when it comes to clubs, you could see it tonight. it's disgusting. no further comment.

3. mancini tactics: well, I guess it's the italian way. you see you're down two to nil, and instead of trying to even the score when you've still got 20 minutes, you think attacking players out defenders in because you don't want to be three or more down. I don't understand that. maybe it's just me. in comparison, the minnows, bloody basel, were two down and came back from that against the scum. I mean, basel. and that's the attitude I wish I'd seen with MCFC.

4. džeko way overblown incident: what, he wasn't happy at being subbed? so? did he woman about it? did he punch mancini? what? he wanted to score. maybe he thought he could. maybe he was unhappy with the play in general. maybe he shares my views on point 3. he tends to be unhappy when his team loses. there's a vid from germany on youtube where he's swearing on the way to the showers because he's pissed his team is losing. don't you want players to be pissed when they're losing? aren't you pissed when they're losing?

5. džeko needs to be benched and is wank: well I personally don't think that benching someone every other game is good for their form. if you have someone score 4 in one match, bench them in the next, have them play 60 in the following... I guess you're helping them? I don't know. never managed a team. but what I do know is that you're still paying the striker you bought to score, a striker you know can score, to ride the pine. maybe by riding the pine he'll become better. I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure he'll get paid though. but well, I hope mancini knows what he's doing. he's the manager.

there. sorry about the length.

This isn't FIFA buddy, you can't just throw in extra attackers and think that's going to change the game. If you could every manager would play with 6 or 8 up front.

Get ready to be smashed at the Etihad, your team will be really cocky

I thought you looked good for the first 20 minutes or so but then you let Bayern settle into their style. I was reading through a few of the match comments and noticed that some people were surprised with the counter attacking. Thats their style, they have 2 of the best wingers in the world in Robben and Ribery, they're going to take advantage of that. In fact in the home leg you're probably going to be against both of them on the pitch together.

The ref screwed you badly and in a fair world you deserved a draw, but that is what the CL is like - nothing about it is fair. Mancini's decisions seemed a bit strange to me and the midfield he chose was not suited to Bayerns closing style and lightening fast breaking.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think they've only lost once to an English team in the last X years. They're on form and a very powerful side to play at the best of times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.