Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

shadowyu said:
Shocked at how many people seem to be impressed with our performance tonight. Seeing who our opposition was, we didn't do bad. Knowing that this is pre-season, who cares... But, I don't see that we played amazing whatsoever. We were completely dominated in the first half. Had Mandzukic or any true forward been on for Bayern in the first half, they could have had us from breakfast. Second half was much better, surely, and there are most definitely great signs from the new signings. I just can't see how people can be amazed with our performance today.

Also, if Zabaleta's handball is not a penalty, then I don't know what penalty is. Clear handball which just smashed the ball into its new direction while the arm was in a non-natural position. He didn't want to do it, but he did it, in a very obvious way. Easy decision for the ref. For me, the ref did OK with one huge mistake: Boyata's tackle for which he got the yellow card was one of the best defensive tackles I have seen in a while.

Hmmmmmm...........

Marvin said:
bluethunder said:
bayern packed the midfield. we had no counter attacking capability in the first half, both nasri and milner are slow players, barry was useless as usual. the result was that they put us under siege, the team was lucky to not concede.

2nd half pelle went with the 4-2-3-1 which helped us get more possession, press better, and create more chances. should have won the game, but zabaleta (with his handball) and boyata ruined the day.
What a laughable contribution Rag.
Oh dear,How Is this a rag contribution?

Dismantled in the first half
Def got into the game for the next 45 mins though
Not sure abt the pen

Overall not to bad a match.

shadowyu said:
Shocked at how many people seem to be impressed with our performance tonight. Seeing who our opposition was, we didn't do bad. Knowing that this is pre-season, who cares... But, I don't see that we played amazing whatsoever. We were completely dominated in the first half. Had Mandzukic or any true forward been on for Bayern in the first half, they could have had us from breakfast. Second half was much better, surely, and there are most definitely great signs from the new signings. I just can't see how people can be amazed with our performance today.

Also, if Zabaleta's handball is not a penalty, then I don't know what penalty is. Clear handball which just smashed the ball into its new direction while the arm was in a non-natural position. He didn't want to do it, but he did it, in a very obvious way. Easy decision for the ref. For me, the ref did OK with one huge mistake: Boyata's tackle for which he got the yellow card was one of the best defensive tackles I have seen in a while.
Which you obviously don't. Not a penalty according to the rules.

mammutly said:
In the first half we were wholly outclassed. Made a better job of the second 45, but overall Bayern were by far the better side.

I didn't see any great new plan emerging tonight. We played pretty well in the same style as last year.

E-e-exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it. It will catch the watchful premier league clubs totally orf-guard. Doing exactly what we've done last season is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this season!

shadowyu said:

''shadowyu'', you could have picked a more discreet username.

Sigh said:
mammutly said:
In the first half we were wholly outclassed. Made a better job of the second 45, but overall Bayern were by far the better side.

I didn't see any great new plan emerging tonight. We played pretty well in the same style as last year.

E-e-exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it. It will catch the watchful premier league clubs totally orf-guard. Doing exactly what we've done last season is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this season!

We played the first 45 with nothing more than an FA Cup squad and didn't allow a goal against the European and Treble winning champions. Hard to say we were outclassed, we held our defensive shape, lotta of Bayern's possession was back passing.

2nd 45 you didn't see passes like the one that was made that led to Negredo's goal, def not the same style from last year. Players are also taking more chances to shoot and we are creating a variety of chances not seen last year where we would try to pass the ball into the net. Pellegrini is still tinkering with who in his mind is his best 11. Up to this point we have yet to be at complete full strength to see what a the First XI will look like, formation etc. Unless Pellegrini is going to completely forget about the formations he's used over his career, I doubt we are going to line up as a standard 4-4-2 this season.

Sigh said:
mammutly said:

Wow, some people (though very few it seems) really can't what is in front of them.

Marvin said:
bluethunder said:
bayern packed the midfield. we had no counter attacking capability in the first half, both nasri and milner are slow players, barry was useless as usual. the result was that they put us under siege, the team was lucky to not concede.

2nd half pelle went with the 4-2-3-1 which helped us get more possession, press better, and create more chances. should have won the game, but zabaleta (with his handball) and boyata ruined the day.
What a laughable contribution Rag.
Ugh.

thought we did well last night considering we didnt have nasty at the back. yes they dominated the posession but we stayed in there and arguably had the better of the chances in the first half. the second half was a bit better, with fernie and yaya in the middle we looked more solid. navas is going to tear a few defenders a new arse hole!
i think we will have that attacking flare back this season and i for one am very much looking forward to it now!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.