Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

Truthfully I thought we got battered in the first half and but for Kompany we would have been long dead. Midfield over-ran and we couldn't get the ball. They had 72% possession in the first thirty minutes and I don't think it was a case of us letting them have it either. They were walking through us.

Second half we were much better and Yaya and Navas made all the difference. Nothing to choose between us and Bayern in the second half.

Thought Nasri played well but Kompany was man of the match

Overall they deserved to win. Ribery is brilliant.

If we could find another Kompany anything would be possible but if we don't get someone in and Kompany gets injured long term, we won't win the league.

Great game but Bayern Munich are the equivalent to the filth all the friggin refs support them so it as pretty obvious that the refs were going to be biased wankers. But all in all I really enjoyed watching the game.

bayern packed the midfield. we had no counter attacking capability in the first half, both nasri and milner are slow players, barry was useless as usual. the result was that they put us under siege, the team was lucky to not concede.

2nd half pelle went with the 4-2-3-1 which helped us get more possession, press better, and create more chances. should have won the game, but zabaleta (with his handball) and boyata ruined the day.

Cobwebcat said:
Truthfully I thought we got battered in the first half and but for Kompany we would have been long dead. Midfield over-ran and we couldn't get the ball. They had 72% possession in the first thirty minutes and I don't think it was a case of us letting them have it either. They were walking through us.

Second half we were much better and Yaya and Navas made all the difference. Nothing to choose between us and Bayern in the second half.

Thought Nasri played well but Kompany was man of the match

Overall they deserved to win. Ribery is brilliant.

If we could find another Kompany anything would be possible but if we don't get someone in and Kompany gets injured long term, we won't win the league.

Well said.

Shocked at how many people seem to be impressed with our performance tonight. Seeing who our opposition was, we didn't do bad. Knowing that this is pre-season, who cares... But, I don't see that we played amazing whatsoever. We were completely dominated in the first half. Had Mandzukic or any true forward been on for Bayern in the first half, they could have had us from breakfast. Second half was much better, surely, and there are most definitely great signs from the new signings. I just can't see how people can be amazed with our performance today.

Also, if Zabaleta's handball is not a penalty, then I don't know what penalty is. Clear handball which just smashed the ball into its new direction while the arm was in a non-natural position. He didn't want to do it, but he did it, in a very obvious way. Easy decision for the ref. For me, the ref did OK with one huge mistake: Boyata's tackle for which he got the yellow card was one of the best defensive tackles I have seen in a while.

mammutly said:
In the first half we were wholly outclassed. Made a better job of the second 45, but overall Bayern were by far the better side.

I didn't see any great new plan emerging tonight. We played pretty well in the same style as last year.
Thank god I'm not alone.

Gelsons Dad said:
mammutly said:
In the first half we were wholly outclassed. Made a better job of the second 45, but overall Bayern were by far the better side.

I didn't see any great new plan emerging tonight. We played pretty well in the same style as last year.
Thank god I'm not alone.

Well apart from us playing a winger, leaving Silva out and missing several sitters and players looking like they know what there doing oh and not playing three at the back I agree.......the refs haven't changed much.

gmckennasell said:
bayern blade said:
pudge said:
If you learned the rules first then maybe you could pass judgement on them

You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.

Lets face facts , the german "rags" played their strongest team just 7 days from the start of their season , we rested hart,silva,yaya,dzeko etc , and gave a inexperienced kid a chance at centre half ,and we are 3 weeks from fitness and bayerns keeper made at least half a dozen excellent saves to keep the munich rags in the game
You can view the match through you rose tinted champions of europe glasses ,(and try to justify the penalty gift given to your club) but if that had been a european match and we were taking the german rags back to the etihad with a 2-1 deficit , i would be very confident of beating a basically toothless munich team who play "pretty" football.
Problem with munich,yooonited,milan,barca,madrid supporters is their arrogance and the fact they think dont like upstarts, like chelsea and city emerging as a threat , your comfortable little champions league members club is about to be gatecrashed , and i cant wait to see rummenigge's arrogant face turning purple when we lift the trophy
that escalated quickly

bluethunder said:
bayern packed the midfield. we had no counter attacking capability in the first half, both nasri and milner are slow players, barry was useless as usual. the result was that they put us under siege, the team was lucky to not concede.

2nd half pelle went with the 4-2-3-1 which helped us get more possession, press better, and create more chances. should have won the game, but zabaleta (with his handball) and boyata ruined the day.
What a laughable contribution Rag.

Hugely encouraging performance but maybe a little misleading due to the prevuous game 24 hours before which took the intensity out of Bayern's game

Negredo missed chances, but the most important thing that came out of the game was that Negredo was there to miss the chances

Pellegrini has a very big decision - who starts up front. Perhaps he will rotate all season

I thought Jovetic's touch outside the area was also exceptional. When he gets fit he's going to be some player

Only positives to come out of this game, and any Rags watching that game will be worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.