Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

We were well below full strength and were unlucky not to win. When we get up to full strength and fitness we are going to be an awesome proposition.

I think we are a decent outside bet for the champions league if we sign a centre half and keep silva fit. I couldn't be more excited.

Bastard! I recorded the match on freeview espn only to find out that yesterday was the last time it would transmit on free to air tv!

Fuckin gutted I missed it. I only found out an hour ago the match was being shown free on BT sport on freeview. Gutted..... fuckin gutted.

Back at the hotel in Eching, great atmosphere for the two games and thought Navas was sensational and Vinnie immense. The match was a decent run out and I can't wait for the league to start

Very polite to all the Bayern Fans on the way back....

I'd hate to be them... They seem very "manufactured" .... nice stadium though

The waiter in the hotel is an 1860 fan and offered us a free beer of we won.... Ah well, we've had enough tonight anyway ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
We were well below full strength and were unlucky not to win. When we get up to full strength and fitness we are going to be an awesome proposition.
I think we are a decent outside bet for the champions league if we sign a centre half and keep silva fit. I couldn't be more excited.
Imagine what you'll be like if we do sign a centre half then!!

Didsbury Dave said:

Well said. Bigger balls than me to say it, but I can't wait to see what Pellegrini can do with a squad of this quality, especially knowing that the club are backing him fully, unlike when he was at RM.

bayern blade said:
pudge said:
If you learned the rules first then maybe you could pass judgement on them

You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.

Lets face facts , the german "rags" played their strongest team just 7 days from the start of their season , we rested hart,silva,yaya,dzeko etc , and gave a inexperienced kid a chance at centre half ,and we are 3 weeks from fitness and bayerns keeper made at least half a dozen excellent saves to keep the munich rags in the game
You can view the match through you rose tinted champions of europe glasses ,(and try to justify the penalty gift given to your club) but if that had been a european match and we were taking the german rags back to the etihad with a 2-1 deficit , i would be very confident of beating a basically toothless munich team who play "pretty" football.
Problem with munich,yooonited,milan,barca,madrid supporters is their arrogance and the fact they think dont like upstarts, like chelsea and city emerging as a threat , your comfortable little champions league members club is about to be gatecrashed , and i cant wait to see rummenigge's arrogant face turning purple when we lift the trophy

ChicagoBlue said:
Milner is another player who I have always admired, but who has upped his game. His LEFT FOOTED ball to Dzeko in the 89th minute was brilliant, as has his left foot crossing! That means that when he plays EITHER wing, he can get the ball over down the line or inside. Excellent add'l string to his bow.

Milner was always close to my heart, alongside Silva and Dzeko (and from now on Jovetic). I would be deeply saddened if Milner lose even more playing time, not to mention if he leaves. He is ultimate fighter !

Well well well it's perked up a lot in here. Was at work so missed the match.
Popped on, in match thread bout 10 minutes before half time and well, most were all for hanging nasri, well for being nasri and the rest were just plain shit.

The geeermans were so much better than us and fuck this season we're only going to finish half way.

Thought we were terrific in the second half. First half we defended well but that lack of pace from Navas in particular was sorely missed. We are just to slow on the counter without him. Boyatta was pretty good, got beat a few times in the second half but maybe he can become a better player than a lot of us thought. Negredo impressed me. Seemed to get open at will in the second after getting no real service at all in the first. Pants was real good. I thought he put a transfer request in. Did he recind it? I thought we were unlucky not to win. Very unfortunate penalty on Zab. Thought the ref was brutal. Can you say home field advantage?

A good performance tonight with a lot of positives.
We are now entering a critical period of the pre-season. after tonight we now have a full weeks training before our next match against the Arse then a further week before the season begins. We need to work hard at our fitness levels to enable us to press the opposition high up the pitch and to break with pace instead of the slow build up of previous years. That coupled with 2 more weeks to integrate the new signings, who so far have looked quality into Pelligrini's system of play should see us develop into a team to be feared.

The signs for the new season are good & I think it's between us & Chelski unless the scum or Arsenal make some major signings. We had the best squad last year but under performed, we have the best squad this year but I don't think we will fail under Pelligrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.