Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
Anyone think he might try resting a few for chelsea zabba obviously but he could rest joe clichy 1 of the center backs silva and aguero and bring them on later if needed.

...........................................................willy...........................................

sagna............................vk/mdm...................mangala..............kolarov

navas................................yaya...................fernandinho.............milner

...........................................................nasri...............................................

............................................................dzeko............................................

fernandinho and dzeko off for sergio and silva after 60 mins

That's a decent shout, although I'd probably replace Nasri and Dzeko with Merlin and Serg.

RobH said:
This is the kind of week where depth and rotation are needed. This is why he stressed two for every position. Chelsea seems the more important game to me. A draw at the Alianz seems likely at the moment. Why risk City's best?

We have to be at our best to get a result over there IMO

RobH said:
This is the kind of week where depth and rotation are needed. This is why he stressed two for every position. Chelsea seems the more important game to me. A draw at the Alianz seems likely at the moment. Why risk City's best?

We need to go full strength to try and get a win there. We need to top the group or we're just gonna get a barca or Real in the next round. Need to go further in the competition so we can eventually get in pot 1 so we don't have to play bloody Bayern every year.

wolfie1988 said:
RobH said:

We have to be at our best to get a result over there IMO

We have to be at our best to get a result against chelsea though mate. Will be nowhere near our best if our top players are all playing their third game in a week. Chelsea the priority for me

well mangala has to play sometime!!! looked a bit pissed off on the bench on Saturday. anyone know of a reason why he hasn't played yet?

4-2-3-1.

------------------------Hart---------------------
Sagna--Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
----------Fernandinho--Yaya------------
Navas--------------Silva------------Milner
---------------------Aguero------------------

I would give Mangala his debut here. Demichiles can't play 3 games in a week and, if Nastasic can make his debut in an away CL game, so can Mangala. Fernando would be ideal for this game so it's unfortunate he's injured. That 3 behind the striker were in the team that scored 3 goals and won against Bayern away last season so would be happy to see them play again.

Bayern have a few injuries and their centre midfield doesn't look that strong.

Bayern 1-1 Man City.

richards30 said:
well mangala has to play sometime!!! looked a bit pissed off on the bench on Saturday. anyone know of a reason why he hasn't played yet?

I imagine its something down to the fact our two centre halves who were immense last season, have been given the chance to stay in the team and have yet given the manager a reason to drop them

uwe rosler 28 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Maldeika said:
Right now I am not sure about anything.

But Pep will not play 3 in the back because Badstuber's new injury prevents that. And Benatia has had 2 training sessions until now, no experience on that level etc. - his first match in a starting formation will not be City.

Ribery just had 20 minutes of competitive play in the recent 3 months. Not sure if he will start. And Robben did not make the team training today either - the last days it was ankle problems, today they talked about the knee. I do not see any of the two playing 90 minutes. Could be that they do a time sharing.

I'd be surprised if ribery started bench at best the game is there for winning!
Has Alaba not been tried as the left sided centre back?

If he changes to a back 4 I'd expect it too look something like...

Neuer
Rode Dante Boateng Alaba
Alonso Lahm
Mueller Gotye Ribery
Lewandoski

Lahm will play right back in a formation like this and then the partner of Alonso is the question.

I do not think he will take Gaudino because your midfield just is to physical for that young lad.
Rode or Höjbjerg. Or Alaba in midfield and Bernat left full back. All depends on the style Pep wants to play.

I can even see him sitting deeper and playing two forwards with Götze and/or maybe Ribery behind and trying to play with long balls to Lewa and Müller. Müller averages nearly 6 won air duels per match in the league this season already now - that just shows how often they now try to even pass midfield with long balls at the beginning of the season. And Rode or/and Alaba as ball winners.

I think that Pellegrini plays Micho. And he was always good in the matches against German teams (even with Malaga when they played Dortmund with Lewandowski) - so it would be fine for me if he would be dropped...

RobH said:

Chelsea seemed to be at full strength on saturday I'm sure they will be in midweek and again on Sunday I'm sure we rotate a couple but you can be sure that terry matic fabregas hazard costa will play all 3 gamss for chelsea if fit!

uwe rosler 28 said:
RobH said:

Chelsea seemed to be at full strength on saturday I'm sure they will be in midweek and again on Sunday I'm sure we rotate a couple but you can be sure that terry matic fabregas hazard costa will play all 3 gamss for chelsea if fit!

I think they may start Remy v Schalke, and keep Costa in reserve for us, anyway, here's hoping we can get a positive result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.