Bayern v City post match thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
Important thing is that the win gets us 2 more coefficient points and that could make the difference in getting into Pot 2 next season and maybe into Pot 1 in 3 seasons. I think the City hierarchy would see that as more important than perhaps getting a potentially easier tie in the last 16. Those points will last us 5 years.

I agree, but I would also add that a win gives us a bit of redemption and pride after the home leg, and a lot of credibility in Europe. No group winner will want to see our name in the hat now.

And thats not forgetting the bonus €1m as well.

He would have to be a total idiot not to understand the rules. Once you know it's head to head how can he possibly have thought that we needed to score 5? Mind-boggling.

rsemp mcfc said:
Sorry I may have simply lost the ability to count but last time I checked we needed to win by 3 goals in order to go through.

If the game would have ended at 4-2 then we would have had a goal difference of +9 and they would have had a goal difference of +11 still not good enough...

Unless I am missing something????

Goes on head to head, then away goals.

laserblue said:
After 10 minutes I thought City were going to get hammered but all credit to the team, especially Silva, for digging in and steadying the ship and ending with a famous result. Great morale boost for Saturday.

Tyler almost sounded distraught at the thought that one more goal would have seen City top the group. As for those media dickheads who bang on about City's "dire" (Daily Fail today) away form that's 3 out of 3 away wins in the CL plus a League Cup win at Newcastle.

How typical is it though, that we can beat Bayern with the team they started with and we have much of a second string out, and we can't beat the likes of Villa, Cardiff and Sunderland with a full strength side. If I live to be 999 years old, I'll never grasp the idea that is MCFC.

Stortz said:
The rag media will be loving this! Instead of having to write about how well we played in beating the best team in world football in their own back yard with a second string team tomorrow's headlines will all be about pellers maths
As it would with any team, especially the fuckwit over the road who can't do anything right at the minute.

Magnificent comeback, such a pity we gave them 2 start. James Milner and Fernandhino were fantastic, some great defending after that opening 15 minutes.

The biggest pity is how poor we were at home against them, but it was early days for this team, which is coming together quite well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.