BBC's Panorama set to ruin Englands world cup 2018 bid.

bluenova said:
cleavers said:
I agree, but there's a time and a place, and 2 days before the decision wasn't it.

Understand where you're coming from - but it highlights that the "decision" is a corrupt one. Winning or losing isn't based on the local press it's based on how much money you pass on to FIFA - and, more importantly, how much of that can be siphoned off by the committee.

Correct, but if we want it, and I do, this helps how exactly ? Prove they're corrupt after we get it surely.

Oh and the BBC are using all our licence fee's to deny us the chance, great it isn't.

Why can't they just put back the decision a few Months (it's hardly going to affect Bids seeing as the World Cup is over 7 Years away) and investigate it further and get rid of anyone who is proved to be corrupt.

An Independant Investigation, get rid of offenders and then Vote.

cleavers said:
dell74 said:
Whether the bid goes in our favour or not.Once its signed off it is time to take these fkers to task. No more kowtowing just expose them.

Exactly the reason the BBC are wrong to do this programme this week....
The thing is if we were to lose it would just look like sour grapes.

Numptyed said:
cleavers said:
Exactly the reason the BBC are wrong to do this programme this week....
The thing is if we were to lose it would just look like sour grapes.

Perhaps, but we'll lose now either way.

It f**ks me off that the BBC who we are all supposed to pay for, have probably ruined any chance England had of getting it anyway, on some sort of moral campaign, but they didn't ask me or you if we approved did they ?

I agree it seems strange that the BBC chose to air the programme tonight so close to the vote, makes you wonder if hey have an agenda against the bid.
However, having watched it I learned nothing I didn't already know. I didn't sit there thinking my god, powerful people engaged in nefarious activities! They are all doing it. The higher up a person goes the more corrupt they become. Is the England bid whiter than white? Not suggesting anything but I don't trust any of those high ranking execs. As for the politicians coming out and denouncing FIFA, well, the last 18 months have shown them all to be thieves and liars. Tonights documentry just showed we live in a corrupt world and it will never change. Has always been thus.

Too me, it's right that it is shown before the vote, and that way the public can decide whether they want this organisation and its members in the country making their ill gotten gains.

M18CTID said:
Dubai Blue said:
So the media should just turn a blind eye to the blatant, rampant corruption that was always going to condemn our bid anyway?

This is a high-ranking FIFA official talking like a mafia don FFS. It's an outrageous quote from one of the most bent men ever to have been involved in football. "Expose my wrongdoings and I will seriously fuck you up" is what he's saying. Well fuck you Jack, and the rest of your dodgy bent bastard mates.

Is exposing this and hopefully cleaning up the game once and for all worth losing the World Cup? Absofuckinglutely. Especially seen as we had no chance right from the outset because of a bunch of pampered corrupt spivs from completely irrelevant footballing nations.

As much as I'd like to see England get the World Cup, I couldn't agree more with this post. It's an almost nailed-on certainty that corruption is rife within FIFA from the top down and if the Panorama programme can prove it then I'm all for it. How anyone can blame the BBC or the makers of Panorama for any adverse publicity regarding the English bid is beyond me.

I don't believe for one minute that Jack Warner hasn't made up his mind who he's throwing his weight behind - you only have to hear some of the stuff he's said regarding England in the past and it's obvious he can't stand us, and as such there is no way he was ever going to vote for us anyway. Probably because our FA don't offer him backhanders.

Our media come in for much-deserved criticism at times but if this, coupled with the Sunday Times investigation, exposes the disgusting corruption within FIFA once and for all and in turn completely fucks up Blatter, Warner, and FIFA as a footballing organisation then I'd sooner that than us pussy-footing around and being nicey-nicey in order to try and secure votes for Thursday.

I watched El Classico tonight so didn't watch Panorama, but did Sky+ it. But I agree with these comments^!

And I think corruption runs through UEFA and our own football in this country! I mean how is there not a representitive of all clubs at The Premier League? Isnt there just people from United, SheffWeds and about six others? How is that fair? Everything that would effect their clubs or their rivals, then it would be a biased decision. See SheffU getting fucked over the West Ham and Tevez affair!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.