BCWFC (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads/WSL Title Run In:

I’ve just read an article where there different people are quoted as saying the league is still in City’s hands.

Am I missing something? If Chelsea win their game in hand, aren’t they going into the final game of the season on level points, with Chelsea holding an absolute minimum of a +2 goal difference advantage over City?

I’ve just read an article where there different people are quoted as saying the league is still in City’s hands.

Am I missing something? If Chelsea win their game in hand, aren’t they going into the final game of the season on level points, with Chelsea holding an absolute minimum of a +2 goal difference advantage over City?
It's interesting to see the Media's response to the WSL weekend's results.
It appears that Chelsea and Emma Hates are the "underdog", that they hope wins (again) the title ?
Let's hope that the Ragettes can upset Chelsea.
Unfortunately, they may be concentrating on their FA Cup Final and are not so bothered about their very disappointing League campaign...

It's interesting to see the Media's response to the WSL weekend's results.
It appears that Chelsea and Emma Hates are the "underdog", that they hope wins (again) the title ?
Let's hope that the Ragettes can upset Chelsea.
Unfortunately, they may be concentrating on their FA Cup Final and are not so bothered about their very disappointing League campaign...

Chelsea going for their 6th title in 7 years, any mention of them being boring of ruining the league?

Sport can be cruel sometimes, but that’s why we love it. You work hard all season long to put yourselves into a great position to win the league, then piss it all away in the space of ten minutes.
What the men’s team have learnt is that you have to be ruthless when the opposition hand you an opportunity, but I fear the women’s team is lacking the self belief and character that was needed to get them over the line.
Smart management by Hayes to concede the title, piled the pressure on City before a tough game and relieved the pressure on her own players, they’ll go on to win it now.
We need to regroup and address the weaknesses in the squad, in my opinion we need a couple of technical players in midfield and a strong leader to replace Steph. Not a big fan of Hasegawa or Coombs, think Kelly and Kennedy should be allowed to move on, time to freshen up the squad and go again next season.

Sport can be cruel sometimes, but that’s why we love it. You work hard all season long to put yourselves into a great position to win the league, then piss it all away in the space of ten minutes.
What the men’s team have learnt is that you have to be ruthless when the opposition hand you an opportunity, but I fear the women’s team is lacking the self belief and character that was needed to get them over the line.
Smart management by Hayes to concede the title, piled the pressure on City before a tough game and relieved the pressure on her own players, they’ll go on to win it now.
We need to regroup and address the weaknesses in the squad, in my opinion we need a couple of technical players in midfield and a strong leader to replace Steph. Not a big fan of Hasegawa or Coombs, think Kelly and Kennedy should be allowed to move on, time to freshen up the squad and go again next season.
Hasegawa is an absolutely incredible player.

The fact we’ve hardly missed Walsh should give you a clue mate.

Completely in Chelsea's hands now. The moment we allowed Arsenal to score their second goal, it was in Chelsea's hands and those excited commentators on the BBC and all the rest of the media knew it.

The commentator could hardly contain herself when it went pear yesterday. Probably had to change her knickers she was that excited.
I phoned Mrs Ewing at HT. She was watching the game on telly, and she couldn't believe the contrast in the voice of the commentator when the Arse had the ball. I've been telling her for seasons that that was the case with the men. The increase in decibels when we score compared to when we concede - the gentle tinkle of the Ewing Towers garden fountain and a 747 taking off.

Where the hells the positivity for the team ??

Winning on goal difference is in City's DNA.

Have faith and some bloody confidence !!

Where the hells the positivity for the team ??

Winning on goal difference is in City's DNA.

Have faith and some bloody confidence !!
Agree 100% but should have been avoided if management had managed the last 20 minutes better. Whatever the final placings top City bosses should now hold Taylor to account. If we have given him a new contract and if he will not resign because of his complete incompetence yesterday we should bring in a new ”Chief Manager” and Taylor should be told to do what he is told , preferably nowhere near the Eitihad complex. We have done it before with players and management so it will not be new.
If we don’t, then quite a few more players will leave the club and we will be left with some of Taylor’s favourites who are generally not up to a top WSL team. May seem drastic but needs must (eventually). That would be a positive start for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.