BCWFC (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads/WSL Title Run In:

Where the hells the positivity for the team ??

Winning on goal difference is in City's DNA.

Have faith and some bloody confidence !!
Gone from being confident that we'd do it to now just hoping for the best. I think the best chance we have now is that Chelsea play 2 games in close succession (15th & 18th) but that is somewhat negated by them having 10 days to recharge beforehand. I was happy when they lost the semi-final of the FA Cup but now regretting that as they have next weekend off.

Agree 100% but should have been avoided if management had managed the last 20 minutes better. Whatever the final placings top City bosses should now hold Taylor to account. If we have given him a new contract and if he will not resign because of his complete incompetence yesterday we should bring in a new ”Chief Manager” and Taylor should be told to do what he is told , preferably nowhere near the Eitihad complex. We have done it before with players and management so it will not be new.
If we don’t, then quite a few more players will leave the club and we will be left with some of Taylor’s favourites who are generally not up to a top WSL team. May seem drastic but needs must (eventually). That would be a positive start for next season.
What a lot of a tosh.

We've already had a complete rebuild, and these players are a "team" not the bunch of individuals we've had for the last 2/3 seasons.

Most, if not all of the top players have signed new long term contracts, which bodes well for the future.

For those that can't remember (or never knew), the league would have been won before yesterday, but for a travesty of refereeeing against chelsea at home in October, when an employee of chelsea refereed the game, and sent off 2 of our players (both second yellow's, one for time wasting which was utterly ridiculous), and then them scoring an equaliser in the 6th minute of added time.

The one he did make was taking Coombs off, she had been controlling midfield for me, one of her best games for us, and I've never really rated her, but leaving her on was a risk of a red card, so I understood it. Angeldahl who I think is a better player, probably had her worst game, for me that is where it started going wrong.

The sitting back, and not trying to get forward, really cost us the game though for me, trying to hang on to 1-0 was a serious error, and that is on the players who were on the pitch.

On the bench we had 2 players who were only ever coming for a celebration, the 2 we used, Morgan who I do rate, Mace who has yet to show much, and Blindkilde Brown who is very raw still, plus a backup keeper, and a kid. Not sure who you bring on from that to change what was going on. Steff perhaps for some experience, but otherwise ?
Alexandri has played well in front of the back 4 before so maybe he could have brought Morgan on, had Alexandri and Hasegawa holding and then pushed Hasegawa forward when we got control of the midfield back.
I’m still gutted that we lost it all from there.
Raggettes win at Old Trafford is our last hope - having lost to 4th place to Liverpool and beating Chelsea in the cup they should be up for it but I’m not overly optimistic

Where the hells the positivity for the team ??

Winning on goal difference is in City's DNA.

Have faith and some bloody confidence !!
I have supreme confidence in the team, but we are back with GT in the techy area. If the second half yesterday reflected his instructions 'n thinking then it's gonna be a slog. I think those carthorses at Leigh Sports Village might have as much say in the title as MCWFC have.

What a lot of a tosh.

We've already had a complete rebuild, and these players are a "team" not the bunch of individuals we've had for the last 2/3 seasons.

Most, if not all of the top players have signed new long term contracts, which bodes well for the future.

For those that can't remember (or never knew), the league would have been won before yesterday, but for a travesty of refereeeing against chelsea at home in October, when an employee of chelsea refereed the game, and sent off 2 of our players (both second yellow's, one for time wasting which was utterly ridiculous), and then them scoring an equaliser in the 6th minute of added time.
I don't think it was a travesty of refereeing, it didn't reach the standard of being a travesty. It was the most appalling example of strutting about a field with a whistle masquerading as refereeing.

The second point is rather interesting!

And yer right about our squad being a team. There are just a few small almost insignificant details that need straightening out, a touch of good luck in front of goal, and a mentality that is determined to put the opposition through the mangler.

Like the men’s team, it might be Spurs that help decide if City win the title!

Anyone want to rely on them coming through for us???

Completely in Chelsea's hands now. The moment we allowed Arsenal to score their second goal, it was in Chelsea's hands and those excited commentators on the BBC and all the rest of the media knew it.

It's not by any means impossible, but it's now very much touch and go. Basically, I'm pretty sure Chelsea will win their game in hand. If they draw or lose, then of course it's back in our hands. But I really think it's unlikely. So we're now depending on the ragettes to do us a favour, and at least hold them to a draw. And apart from pride — which is a factor — it's difficult to see what other motivation there could be. But then, Arsenal at the weekend was based on pride, really.
Of course, any scenario supposes that we win our last game, and preferably handsomely. I think the girls can be relied on to do that. The question is no longer there.
I will be really sad, gutted for the girls if they don't lift that trophy. It's been a long time now since they were champions. They've looked so good for much of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.