yes & the week after against plymouth

re-men-men
re-mem m member
re-men-men
re-mem m member
when
when
city scored 10(ten)

Yes I was there and that chant takes me back. Infact i am singing it now. Who got the match ball??????

Think Adcock got the actual ball as he scroed the first hat-trick and the other 2 got a ball each out of the store cupboard

Mental_blue said:
mancitymick said:
Yes I was there and that chant takes me back. Infact i am singing it now. Who got the match ball??????

Think Adcock got the actual ball as he scroed the first hat-trick and the other 2 got a ball each out of the store cupboard

Youre right about them getting a ball each. They got the match ball plus two other dirty ones and they drew out of the bag one each. To this day none of them know who actually got the match ball

carlislemancity said:
BringBackSwales said:
Yes I was there, a load of us from the Birch Villa in Rusholme (what time is it? ten to three, time for another), we never used to see a kick off and from memory we got there about ten past/quarter past three and I am pretty sure we did not miss any of the goals. My dad (god rest his blue sole) was in MRI with a brain tumour and I went to see him that night and he never believed me that City had won 10-1!

No was working in Kuwait at the time. I had BBC world service on the radio for the final scores. There was a load of interference to the signal that day, I swear the only result that came through the crackling was Manchester City 10 Huddersfield 1. It cost me a fortune 'phoning home trying to get the result confirmed. The following week I met a Huddersfield fan, in Kuwait, who'd been to the match - he was gutted when I asked him to describe the goals.

"BringBackSwales" do you also remember "if you cann't get there for opening time - don't bother" - great days

yes mate - are you a "big lad" by any chance?

I was there. I was also at Maine Road with 8000 other idiots in the 60,s. Then Mercer came we played the game........................

Yep, had a helluva job convincing our mate working in the States it was'nt a wind up.

Any team in that shirt deserves to get done 10-1, tho we were 2nd best for the first 20 mins.

blueandy1mac said:
Yep, had a helluva job convincing our mate working in the States it was'nt a wind up.

Any team in that shirt deserves to get done 10-1, tho we were 2nd best for the first 20 mins.
We were. We arrived 10 minutes late to be told by everyone that Huddersfield had been all over us. Then after a few minutes McNab scored and the rest, as they say, was history.

blueandy1mac said:

We'd had a red and black version of that shirt a season or two before, bloody awful it was.

I was in my regular North stand seat for that match. I missed the next home game against Brum when my car broke down, thank Christ it didn't happen 2 weeks earlier.

lancs blue said:
blueandy1mac said:

We'd had a red and black version of that shirt a season or two before, bloody awful it was.

I was in my regular North stand seat for that match. I missed the next home game against Brum when my car broke down, thank Christ it didn't happen 2 weeks earlier.

I remember that, we drove past you on the M61 ;-)

Bombo said:
how many of you were at the 10-1 win against Huddersfield. There used to be about 8 of us who went together in them days but we had been playing shit just before this game and all my mates backed out for one reason or another.
A rag mate of mine came with me to the game to test out a fancy new camera he had just bought, I found the photos in a box the other day he gave them me after they were developed. Not seen them for years and it got me thinking about it. Even my rag mate was shouting for a tenth goal at the end, weren't you reggie.

The same as you nearly all my mates didnt bother that day, I walked to the ground with my mate and his dad who had season tickets in the Main Stand, they offered me a spare one but I didnt fancy it and went in on my own in the The Kippax with my own season ticket. As the goals were going in the people around me went from complete strangers to best mates by the time the tenth went in.

As my mate walked away from me to get to the Main Stand he turned to me and said we "will get about 8 today" I said "bollocks we will get beat"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.