Begovic (merged)

Re: Begovic

As a few people have said, we don't need him.

However, if Man Utd were to sell De Gea to Barcelona, I could see them going for Begovic.

Really good, reliable goalkeeper.

charliebigspuds said:
he'd be a good addition to the squad if he's willing to sit on the bench and pick up a wedge but if he wants to play then it won't happen
That's the thing he is to good to sit on our bench, Stokes top performer, would cost a fair few quid, so can't see it happening

Seosa said:
Tevez City said:
Too expensive.

Shut up, Stiff.

He'd make good competition for Joe.

He's Bosnian you know, you'd have heart attack if there would be two of them at City, lol

He'd be extremely stupid to do that and I don't think he is. Highly rated keeper, can't see the logic of sitting on the bench at City. I could see Liverpool going for him to replace Reina.

Unless there are doubts on Hart's ability I don't see this as a potential move. United are prehaps are looking to replace both De Gea and Lindergaard with Begovic but not us.

Far too good to be a back-up goalkeeper at any club.

Personally feel that chopping and changing goalkeepers is counterproductive.

Why bother we need someone like schwarzer or Freidel pay them a bit more offer them a coaching role and play them in the league cup.
If our no 1 gets injured they would be acceptable back up.Pants is well just that
What young keeper with ambition would come to City they know they wont get a game or get Shay back he is tiuching Villa first eleven offer them a fringe player or Guidetti on loan

kippax boy said:
Why bother we need someone like schwarzer or Freidel pay them a bit more offer them a coaching role and play them in the league cup.
If our no 1 gets injured they would be acceptable back up.Pants is well just that
What young keeper with ambition would come to City they know they wont get a game or get Shay back he is tiuching Villa first eleven offer them a fringe player or Guidetti on loan

We have a keeper in Richard Wright who does that job currently. Both Schwarzer and Friedal still want first team football, even at their age.

Ray78 said:
kippax boy said:

We have a keeper in Richard Wright who does that job currently. Both Schwarzer and Friedal still want first team football, even at their age.

Richard Wright he has not been good for years I wouldnt like him goal for the rest of the season
Granted re Schwarzer and first team but Friedel spent years at Liverpool and Blackburn and is on the bench at Spurs a pay rise and promise of cup football may bring him back same with Given.

The only chance we have of getting a quality back up keeper is to get an old one that wants a nice final pay packet and is willing to sit on the bench whilst getting it, Schwarzer may be the best option as I wouldn't have thought he would have been on anywhere near the top money at Fulham, 'Boro of Bradford. As we all know if Hart gets injured we're fcuked, I just hope he plays Hart on Sat because Stoke will give Panti a right going over

btw, Begovic is not good on free kicks, his positioning is often amateurish. Why does he go so much to one side only he knows.

Exactly same goals in his last Stoke game and in Portugal vs Bosnia:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_uO-XadBc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_uO-XadBc</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9iQ8Fk_yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9iQ8Fk_yQ</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.