Behave

Were there no match day threads when we won the treble? Amazing how we won it, what with the occasional, less than adulatory post.
We're City fans - always been contrary with gallows humour thrown in. Reading this thread, some prefer the RAWK, North Korea approach.
Surely the people who think the cunts in the matchday threads are cunts have a right to their opinion? Or are they from North Korea too?

Worth pointing out that if people actually reported posts, we could probably improve the matchday threads by removing the worst culprits. They’re so fast moving that we don’t get to read every post, so a lot gets missed. But we don’t really get many reports on those threads for whatever reason.

How about we just let people deal with the anxieties, the successes and the disappointments in their own way.
I think there is a distinction between posters (and supporters) like you who are naturally pessimistic, downbeat and convey their anxieties as a coping mechanism, and those who are repeatedly vituperative to the players and/or the team, which is what the OP is plainly aimed at.

We’ve all been sat next to them at games - some of us regularly, lamentably. Screaming abuse at a particular player, or loudly vocalising their unhappiness more generally with the team to all of those around them. They have always been amongst us, but still endure to this day, despite our success.

In my view, they are utterly selfish cunts because they project their own neuroses and malcontent onto those around them, without any consideration for the fact that those people might just be there to watch the game and support the team without some angry **** screaming in their ear about what a waste of money Grealish is.

The same applies on here. Malign cunts trying to bring the general vibe down to their level by sucking the life out of others, because it makes them feel better about their own miserable existence.

So it’s not just people dealing with things ‘in their own way’. It’s cunts spoiling the party and stinking the place out without any consideration for those around them.

I think there is a distinction between posters (and supporters) like you who are naturally pessimistic, downbeat and convey their anxieties as a coping mechanism, and those who are repeatedly vituperative to the players and/or the team, which is what the OP is plainly aimed at.

We’ve all been sat next to them at games - some of us regularly, lamentably. Screaming abuse at a particular player, or loudly vocalising their unhappiness more generally with the team to all of those around them. They have always been amongst us, but still endure to this day, despite our success.

In my view, they are utterly selfish cunts because they project their own neuroses and malcontent onto those around them, without any consideration for the fact that those people might just be there to watch the game and support the team without some angry **** screaming in their ear about what a waste of money Grealish is.

The same applies on here. Malign cunts trying to bring the general vibe down to their level by sucking the life out of others, because it makes them feel better about their own miserable existence.

So it’s not just people dealing with things ‘in their own way’. It’s cunts spoiling the party and stinking the place out without any consideration for those around them.
You and your distinctions!
I'm more than happy with my miserable existence thank you.
Have also learnt to filter and contextualise.
Prefer a malign **** to a clapping Twat anyday.
Do the blindly pavlovian clapping have to show any consideration or is this now just the fun house?
You are considered, GDM, and you get nuances and when criticism is appropriate and required. Occasionally you can be witty - not often. What about the blinkered superfan cunts us moaning cunts have to put up with - or is it a one way street. Nobody's ever sucked the enjoyment of following City out of me and I love a good moan and flap as you know. I suggest the moaning at moaners brigade show more countenance.

Worth pointing out that if people actually reported posts, we could probably improve the matchday threads by removing the worst culprits. They’re so fast moving that we don’t get to read every post, so a lot gets missed. But we don’t really get many reports on those threads for whatever reason.
There's nothing wrong with the matchday threads Ric. Don't be sucked in They represent football fans - optimistic and pessimistic, idealistic and realistic, differing views and coping mechanisms. Vive la difference.
This whole thread is a "look at me" wanting to start a thread about my inability to read around a subject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.