Belgian Fans (merged)

Dont worry regulars, you will all be welcome at sunderland on a tuesday night in february, where there wont be one tourist in sight
As there wasn't in the League Cup. Nor were there any tourists at Sunderland last season (midweek away) or at Stoke last season (cold, midweek away). I didn't even notice any at Stoke a few weeks ago.
But Stoke isn't London, or the swamp, or fucking Klanfield, or any other ground when the tourists (or possibly sponsors) fancy a visit.
Prior to Monday's game City in the City held an event which included match tickets in the away section without the need for points. There's another when we play Chelsea.
Around 15 years ago the club boasted about "Supporting our Supporters"; now it's a case of "Stuffing our Supporters".

As there wasn't in the League Cup. Nor were there any tourists at Sunderland last season (midweek away) or at Stoke last season (cold, midweek away). I didn't even notice any at Stoke a few weeks ago.
But Stoke isn't London, or the swamp, or fucking Klanfield, or any other ground when the tourists (or possibly sponsors) fancy a visit.
Prior to Monday's game City in the City held an event which included match tickets in the away section without the need for points. There's another when we play Chelsea.
Around 15 years ago the club boasted about "Supporting our Supporters"; now it's a case of "Stuffing our Supporters".

Thank goodness for Stoke and Sunderland. It's only two seasons ago at the SoL that we sang throughout the 90 minutes despite the inevitable one nil defeat!

Posts on here are mostly valid - anyone think a petition will make a difference
What, like a Sheikh Out type thing? I know it's a bitter pill for some but that's what we've bought into. Not saying it's right but as the saying goes 'you can't have your cake and eat it'
It's where we are, unfortunately for some and it's still evolving.

It's the end of the club and the core fans having any kind of relationship. Look at this. On the Belgian Blues supporters club website they are already taking orders for the west ham away game, which is our last trip to upton park. guaranteed ticket it says. either club are putting these tickets aside and selling them as some kind of "package" or being a supporters club branch, they will be getting an extra big allocation from kev parker and the supporters club themselves, in which case other branches are losing out. either way - unless these guys have all got 12000+ loyalty points (doubtful) they are jumping the queue. http://www.bluemoonbelgium.be/jquery-demo-menu/2012-09-04-18-55-32

I only hope the Belgians turn out in force for the two Everton cup games as from what I was hearing on Monday night at Arsenal the level of ticket take up from our loyal local support is a real concern to the club. Everton will have 8000 in the South Stand for the 2nd leg & I reckon they'll sell them all while I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3rd tier of the Colin Bell left empty again in line with other recent midweek cup games when it's not half-term. If the tie is still in the balance come late January that visiting vocal support might make all the difference.

It's the end of the club and the core fans having any kind of relationship. Look at this. On the Belgian Blues supporters club website they are already taking orders for the west ham away game, which is our last trip to upton park. guaranteed ticket it says. either club are putting these tickets aside and selling them as some kind of "package" or being a supporters club branch, they will be getting an extra big allocation from kev parker and the supporters club themselves, in which case other branches are losing out. either way - unless these guys have all got 12000+ loyalty points (doubtful) they are jumping the queue. http://www.bluemoonbelgium.be/jquery-demo-menu/2012-09-04-18-55-32

Getting ridiculous if they are again getting a bunch of tickets at the expense of regular match going fans.
I used to love away games but the atmosphere is shit now with the influx of tourists. Nothing against them but they should get tickets like everyone else so if they ain't got the points they don't go.
Seems city are worried about the take up for the Everton semi final but there making a rod for their own back and can't just expect fans to put up with it but then jump in to help the club when they can't shift tickets to tourists

I emailed the club last night regarding away ticket allocation transparency. I brought up the corporate allocation, mcfc family (players & staff), supporters clubs and fans buying tickets and selling them on so they remain at the top of the pile.

A lady phoned me about 15 minutes ago to discuss my email. My line was pretty bad as I was in my wagon but the long and short of it was that loyalty points are here to stay for the foreseeable (which isn't an issue in my opinion) but the issue with regard the person who's purchased the ticket being the person who goes through the turnstile is something that she'll put to her manager so it could be something that the club try to do something about in the future. She did say however that it would be very difficult to police it and that MCFC only sell to supporters that meet the criteria. She also acknowledged the fact that it goes on and that they were aware of it, not specific supporters but that it goes on.

She said only a small number go to corporate hospitality packages and to the players and staff at the club and that the vast majority of away tickets go to the supporters that have the required amount of loyalty points. I brought up the amount of Belgian's in the away end for the Arsenal game but my line was bad so I didn't get a reply to that particular issue.

If any blues are after change with the way the away tickets are being allocated I suggest emailing the club, the more of us that make them aware that we're not convinced it's fair then the more chance their is of change. The loyalty/ticket point system is fair in my opinion but it needs policing more so that it's not as easily manipulated.

Iv'e forgotten the ladies name that rang me but she seemed pretty genuine and I'm sure she'll pass my thoughts on to her manager. At least the club rang me ad didn't just disregard my email though so fair play to them for that. However if supporters want change then more have got to get involved with trying to make change happen and not just accept that this is the way it is. There are hundreds of blues that'll potentially end up not being able to get their own tickets to away games if this carries on the way it is.

The small allocation for corporate hospitality packages seems vague but she couldn't give exact numbers for specific games.

I wasn't expecting the call and was a bit on the spot so I've probably not got much further than anybody else that's tried getting some clarity on away ticket allocation but if someone a bit more literate and better at speaking to people about something as emotive as this has similar feelings on the subject could maybe get involved we'd maybe get more answers and a bit further down the chain of command.

I made that reply on somone asking me how i would feel personally, and so i ellaborated how i would feel. Ask a person his personal view on it and then shoot him down for it? Can i help that i have a very different perspective on things like merrit and reward in relation to such a thing? How can i express withought inviting discontent directed at my person that i personally feel there shouldn't be such an entitlement system based on that point system, or not in that form? Sorry for singing out of tune.

No, you've been dismissive of that point throughout the thread.

You feel you're entitled to a ticket regardless of any points criteria, and that we should be delighted that you've suddenly taken a liking to us recently. You refuse to recognise that there is a pecking order for tickets, or that there should even be one.

The arrogant entitlement is yours alone.

You also dodged my point about a hypothetical cup final.

You're a bellwaft mate. Done here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.