Belgian Fans (merged)

I only hope the Belgians turn out in force for the two Everton cup games as from what I was hearing on Monday night at Arsenal the level of ticket take up from our loyal local support is a real concern to the club. Everton will have 8000 in the South Stand for the 2nd leg & I reckon they'll sell them all while I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3rd tier of the Colin Bell left empty again in line with other recent midweek cup games when it's not half-term. If the tie is still in the balance come late January that visiting vocal support might make all the difference.

its a month away with christmas tomorrow, and a load of games before it, of course its not sold out yet

You feel you're entitled to a ticket regardless of any points criteria, and that we should be delighted that you've suddenly taken a liking to us recently. You refuse to recognise that there is a pecking order for tickets, or that there should even be one.

It's a pretty weird logic you use regarding the deffinition of entitlement. A Pecking order practicly by definition is about one above the other, while having no point system at all would imply a more level playing field. Lets take an analogy of a supermarket where one buys more than another customer, and then would argue that he should get priority in the waiting line before an other because of it. Well that stuff doesn't get done really, although the arguement could be that a more loyal customer should always be first in line.

From a nuanced view i can understand the reasoning behind a point system, epecially if the club finds its stadium often not filled enough and would want to stimulate sales by that way. In analogy that would be the same as that supermarket allowing loyal customers to get in front of the line if it would consider that this would stimulate it's revenue further. However eitheway it would never be up to the customer to decide on that policy, the policy would exist or not by the grace of the management.

It's not youre football club, it's not the football club of anyone here. And somehow i get the impression that some people consider that some fans here are "higher in level" than others somehow, as if you wee a level 10 fan and i a level 1 fan.But do you really believe that new fans would want to subscribe to that notion, as if they would need to shup up when the veterans take the word whatever nonsense might flow from their mouths? Personally i consider myself pretty much the equal here of anyone else regardless of how muchg matches i went too, and in my view whoever person here things he is a higher level fan than the other has made those standards for his own sake of prestige and bennifit but would be naive to think that the majority would want to recognise it.

But i won't say the point system has to go, imho it's all up to the club, and simmilarly so if they decide to neglect it, and you should take it up with them and not with the people who gratefully take the opportunity when it presents itself. Do you really lack so much emphaty to understand that foreign fans really don't care for that point system, and will feel no remorse for taking the opportunity when it presents itself? You know, if those 200 Belgians hadn't bought those tickets, likely another 200 Belgians would have and taken their place.

It's a pretty weird logic you use regarding the deffinition of entitlement. A Pecking order practicly by definition is about one above the other, while having no point system at all would imply a more level playing field. Lets take an analogy of a supermarket where one buys more than another customer, and then would argue that he should get priority in the waiting line before an other because of it. Well that stuff doesn't get done really, although the arguement could be that a more loyal customer should always be first in line.

From a nuanced view i can understand the reasoning behind a point system, epecially if the club finds its stadium often not filled enough and would want to stimulate sales by that way. In analogy that would be the same as that supermarket allowing loyal customers to get in front of the line if it would consider that this would stimulate it's revenue further. However eitheway it would never be up to the customer to decide on that policy, the policy would exist or not by the grace of the management.

It's not youre football club, it's not the football club of anyone here. And somehow i get the impression that some people consider that some fans here are "higher in level" than others somehow, as if you wee a level 10 fan and i a level 1 fan. Or, as if we need to do a symbolic penis measurement here depending on wehter we already watched Man city before World war 2 or something. Personally i consider myself pretty much the equal here of anyone else regardless of how muchg matches i went too, and in my view whoever person here things he is a higher level fan than the other has made those standards for his own sake of prestige and bennifit.

But i won't say the point system has to go, imho it's all up to the club, and simmilarly so if they decide to neglect it, and you should take it up with them and not with the people who gratefully take the opportunity when it presents itself. Do you really lack so much emphaty to understand that foreign fans really don't care for that point system, and will feel no remorse for taking the opportunity when it presents itself? You know, if those 200 Belgians hadn't bought those tickets, likely another 200 Belgians would have and taken their place.
Some fans think they're higher than others? Dead right. I definitely consider myself higher than you.

Some thans think they're higher than others? Dead right. I definitely consider myself higher than you.

Silly self defined elitism i'd say, and furthermore i don't think youre going to create a lot of symphaty with that attitude, unless perhaps with those who fell that they are veteran aswell and would want to have prestige for it.

You know what, we could work this ego, make you believe that you really are elite and better than the rest, just to squarly laugh behind youre back, perhaps you'd rather be left in that illusion.

It's not youre football club, it's not the football club of anyone here. And somehow i get the impression that some people consider that some fans here are "higher in level" than others somehow, as if you wee a level 10 fan and i a level 1 fan.But do you really believe that new fans would want to subscribe to that notion, as if they would need to shup up when the veterans take the word whatever nonsense might flow from their mouths? Personally i consider myself pretty much the equal here of anyone else regardless of how muchg matches i went too, and in my view whoever person here things he is a higher level fan than the other has made those standards for his own sake of prestige and bennifit but would be naive to think that the majority would want to recognise it.

Unbelievable Jeff

Silly self defined elitism i'd say, and furthermore i don't think youre going to create a lot of symphaty with that attitude.
You think you swanning along this year should put you on the same standing as myself who's been going for 30 years and travelled the length and breadth of the country and shed many tears along the way?
Couldn't give a fuck if I don't get sympathy, I'm not after any.

Silly self defined elitism i'd say, and furthermore i don't think youre going to create a lot of symphaty with that attitude, unless perhaps with those who fell that they are veteran aswell and would want to have prestige for it.

You know what, we could work this ego, make you believe that you really are elite and better than the rest, just to squarly laugh behind youre back, perhaps you'd rather be left in that illusion.

You're embarrassing yourself.

You think you swanning along this year should put you on the same standing as myself who's been going for 30 years and travelled the length and breadth of the country and shed many tears along the way?

Do you feel that youre self defined merrit of loyalty would give you priority in any other private firm? Would youre local grocery store pull you from the line to serve you first before 10 people waiting if need be? Youre barber maybe? Youre doctor maybe?

Face it, it's noone's club here, and you guys have all toghether 0 to say in the matter. You guys have no influence, youre as much a nobody as i am in this, and likely the management doesn't give a fuck for youre oppinion, or maybe you should really try it with a e-mail, good luck now.

Do you feel that youre self defined merrit of loyalty would give you priority in any other private firm? Would youre local grocery store pull you from the line to serve you first before 10 people waiting if need be? Youre barber maybe? Youre doctor maybe?
You don't get football, fair enough.

You don't get football, fair enough.

I get that there are a load of drama queens going rediculously ape over what is just a sport really, the drama is one of my favourite elements to the whole thing. i like seeing people being butt hurt for rather banale reasons, it's enjoyable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.