Bell or Silva?

We'llllllllll. drink a drink a drink to Colin the king the king the king... You lot know the rest..
Great question this one...
As one poster has already said... He's not known as the king for nothing...
David is Merlin.. Colin is the king... End of....!!!!!!!
Fuking rags....!!
Could you imagine if One of our lads had ended ginger shits career so early..!
They'd have had a national fuking holiday with every anniversary...!!!

according to big Mal CB could have been a world-class miler, if he had not been a footballer. Phenomenal athlete with no weaknesses in his game, DS is no powerhouse, but his dribbling and vision still makes him special, Apples and Pears in the end

Never saw Bell play but from what I've read and seen, he seems like a yaya toure with Milner's work rate? If that is the case it would surely have to be Bell.

Alex the Blue said:
Two entirely different types of player so difficult to compare. King Colin would thrive in today's games especially with all the physio stuff to keep him ultra fit.

Not sure Merlin would do well in King Colin's playing era.

King Colin is called King Colin for a very good reason and he'll never be dethroned.

An honour for me to make my 1,000th post in his name.

I've never seen him play so can't comment too much on his ability etc... but to say he will never be dethroned is maybe a bit presumptuous, maybe he will forever be remembered as "the king" to us City fans, but to the best of my knowledge outside of our fan base, he was never regarded as one of the best in the world, he doesn't seem to crop up in any all time greatest lists I've ever seen. Like I say I've never seen him play but from the view of the wider footballing world and not just us blues there are many players regarded as greats who have/are playing the could have/can potentially "dethrone" in terms of ability.

black mamba said:
Two different types of players really , playing the game in two vastly different times .....

i don't think that Colin Bell possessed the overall skill with a football that David Silva possesses .... but, in my opinion , he had great technique , and he had the edge in the goalscoring , heading , and tackling departments.

I'd say they were about even in passing ability , although Silvas concentration can be found wanting in this department at times .......... you'd probably have to give the edge to Silva on dribbling , he can turn 'on a sixpence' in extremely tight situations.

Seems a simple enough choice when it's broken down like that ..... Bell simply had that bit more to his game than Silva , and was the more 'complete player' , so he'd have to be my choice .

Just look at the 'technique' Bell displays in scoring this goal at Stamford Bridge , and the way he 'ghosts' into position ....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3Vb2q7ldg[/youtube]

king Colin for me.

The goal above is probably my all time fav city goal..but there is ANOTHER goal by Bell at stamford bridge which comes close..i,ve see it on here before..similar date to the above..a cross from the left finds Bell in the centre forward position, his first touch is so good it takes the centre half by surprise and he stumbles, Bell then glides into the space, past another defender, draws the on-rushing keeper, and with a deft flick of his right instep, deposits the ball into the corner of the net.

thats probably my second fav all time city goal.

they don,t call him the king for nothing.( hope someone with better pc skills than me can dig out the footage from u tube illustrate the point)

Dan j...
Put it this way... Who's winning the vote so far, !!
King Colin had the lot.. Maybe some older wiser fans can correct me, was there anything he couldn't do..
Love David, but Colin by some way... !!!
What would Colin be worth today... ??

Difficult to compare the 2, different styles, different eras. Not many players could touch the king at his best, not just at City but in England, and not many players in the PL can influence a game as much now as Merlin when he is on his game. Not many players from Bells era could have survived or thrived in today's modern football with the speed and technique needed to compete, but for me I believe Bell is one of the few who could genuinely fitted in to modern football and still be regarded as a top class player. Just think way a team we would have with Bell and Silva playing together!

dobingsdobber said:
Bell,all day every day.
Second only to Peter Doherty as the greatest blue of all time.
Peter Doherty must have been some player!..for us younger posters(ahem) could you give us a run down on doherty,s ability?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.