Bellamy In Bust Up With Mancini - (Merged)

Re: Bellamy In Bust Up With Mancini - according to The Scum

mat said:
Kinky by name said:
CB is not backwards at coming forwards if he wants stuff dropping in the press, trust me.

Why would he tell the scum if he's just sued them?

Might not be a case of him telling the Sun as such but a trusted journalist.

Kinky by name said:
n_mcfc said:
Hope it's not true. My prediction is Bellamy has had a disagreement with Bobby Manc, The Sun have overdone it and I pray Bellers sues the paper, again.

Again?
He said in an interview on the OS a while back that over his career he's sued the papers something like a dozen times (maybe more). He then donates the money to charity.

Kinky by name said:
n_mcfc said:
Hope it's not true. My prediction is Bellamy has had a disagreement with Bobby Manc, The Sun have overdone it and I pray Bellers sues the paper, again.

Again?

I remember him saying in a post-match interview, last year, against the Red Bin Dippers, that he's sued about 5 papers after they'd written bollocks about him. I'm pretty sure it was about a bust up with Robinho which proved to be false. And, I'm pretty confident that it was the Sun or NOTW.

Personally, I'd like City to really get a grip and come down hard on the paper to avoid more speculation and BS articles about the club. If they don't, I presume it's true.

When did he just sue them Mat? I saw a story with CB quotes in the Mirror saying he threatening to sue? Easy to make such statements. We've had no legal warnings not to repeat the story which is the usual protocol when cases are pending.

Kinky by name said:
When did he just sue them Mat? I saw a story with CB quotes in the Mirror saying he threatening to sue? Easy to make such statements. We've had no legal warnings not to repeat the story which is the usual protocol when cases are pending.

Thanks for correcting me kinky, i think that was the article i misquoted.

To be honest I could have made up that story quite easily.

Bellamy has a dodgey knee + loves Hughes + doesn't train everyday + manager not Welsh + The Sun will print anything that people will read + Cook and Marwood being unpopular + Bellamy being popular = Story that stupid posters on the internet who are all too pessimistic will lap up.

What happened in the first week when he 'walked out' of training!? To me this all smells like complete pigs...
bollocks3.jpg

Tricky_Trev said:
Kinky by name said:
He said in an interview on the OS a while back that over his career he's sued the papers something like a dozen times (maybe more). He then donates the money to charity.

Over his long career he has taken a number of papers to task; I don't recall any one being successfully sued (though I may have that wrong) I know of three out-of-court, ex-gratia payments (modest) but the rest is bluster I think - his recent threat in the Mirror to sue the Sun again has come to nothing (caveat; so far) - it was just pissing the Sun off by using the Mirror to dispute the tale - lads, it's all a game to them and it always will be, sorry.

I wish more players would sue the papers to be honest; it would help fans know what was right and what was wrong, trouble is they use and abuse each other.

Kinky by name said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Over his long career he has taken a number of papers to task; I don't recall any one being successfully sued (though I may have that wrong) I know of three out-of-court, ex-gratia payments (modest) but the rest is bluster I think - his recent threat in the Mirror to sue the Sun again has come to nothing (caveat; so far) - it was just pissing the Sun off by using the Mirror to dispute the tale - lads, it's all a game to them and it always will be, sorry.

With you being in the trade Kinky would you mind explaining these tactics so we know were dicked about and don't go overboard everytime a story like this breaks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.