Bellamy In Bust Up With Mancini - (Merged)

Re: Bellamy In Bust Up With Mancini - according to The Scum

mat said:
Kinky by name said:
Over his long career he has taken a number of papers to task; I don't recall any one being successfully sued (though I may have that wrong) I know of three out-of-court, ex-gratia payments (modest) but the rest is bluster I think - his recent threat in the Mirror to sue the Sun again has come to nothing (caveat; so far) - it was just pissing the Sun off by using the Mirror to dispute the tale - lads, it's all a game to them and it always will be, sorry.

With you being in the trade Kinky would you mind explaining these tactics so we know were dicked about and don't go overboard everytime a story like this breaks.
If only I could Mat. Each case is different. Sometimes it is, as many rightly point out on here, just bollocks/mischief/linkbait but often it may be a player's way of causing a bit of unrest or having a pop back at the management. Agents do this kind of shit all the time. The old argument that there are no names quoted for the source making the story bullshit is, I'm afraid, flawed (though the made-up story would be covered using such language) but if someone is causing shit BUT giving a reporter an exclusive, then they are not then going to be named are they? Also, players pass on some of this material through third parties and don't underestimate player jealousy... All those roasting, hard-on, naked gangbang pics and videos are passed on by someone, aren't they? Who? Think about it.

Generally though, if the story carries a byline and quotes then you can usually assume that what is in it is based on fact, though it can still easily be angled but don't forget that players can say they want to stay at a club one day and say the opposite the next... they often do. If you are usually level-headed then trust your gut instinct on most stories and you won't go far wrong but just to dismiss it as rubbish because it's in the papers is not very bright.
Robinho was reported as angling for a move back to Brazil - he got it. The papers didn't make that up and they didn't drive him away... Robbie used them.

surrrrreeeeeeeeee this is true we have just set up a huge ad campaign around him plus i cant see mancini screaming tbh if if we were 8-0 down vs barnet

Bullshit.

As Jack Charlton once asked. 'Can I storm out now, please?'.

There was no training today, can you see Mancini, who has to think hard about his English, shouting at Bellamy like that, and where did this reporter get his story from when Carrington had a day off?

I don't believe it.

if anybody on here believes that f----g arse wiping chip wrapping shit stirring gutter man u press bollocks you want your heads feeling?

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Bullshit.

As Jack Charlton once asked. 'Can I storm out now, please?'.

There was no training today, can you see Mancini, who has to think hard about his English, shouting at Bellamy like that, and where did this reporter get his story from when Carrington had a day off?

I don't believe it.

did you believe this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/11/robinho-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ester-city</a>

there's quotes and everything :)

Craig has successfully sued (ie been paid a settlement) News International (Sun. NOTW) several times in his career, twice at least since he came to City. The money goes to his African foundation. The first was when Sky and the Sun said he went on strike at West Ham and walked out until he was allowed to join us. The second was over a non-existent bust-up with his team mates. Miniscule apologies printed both times

LongsightM13 said:
Craig has successfully sued (ie been paid a settlement) News International (Sun. NOTW) several times in his career, twice at least since he came to City. The money goes to his African foundation. The first was when Sky and the Sun said he went on strike at West Ham and walked out until he was allowed to join us. The second was over a non-existent bust-up with his team mates. Miniscule apologies printed both times

More or less what I said.
However, he hasn't sued over the Hughes story as he threatened to.
The minuscule amendments/corrections/apologies are usually a result of NOT being sued even though money (any amount less than the media outlet's insurance excess and that's a fact) may have changed hands or been donated to charity.

And while we're on it, City did not sue over the watches story.

You successfully sue someone when you take the matter to court and win. Anything else is a settlement and that may be paid by a paper even though they are in the right. If you know anything about libel at all you will know that a paper can be 100 per cent correct and still end up paying.

Very few libel actions end up in court, though, Kinky. There is a very strict mechanism nowadays in terms of filing and timetables, all designed to try and facilitate an early settlement. From what I hear, Bells has had them bang to rights many times but would rather the dosh went to Sierra Leone than his lawyers. Which now makes me think there may be something in this after all, because their lawyers will be well aware of his willingness to take them on

LongsightM13 said:
Very few libel actions end up in court, though, Kinky. There is a very strict mechanism nowadays in terms of filing and timetables, all designed to try and facilitate an early settlement. From what I hear, Bells has had them bang to rights many times but would rather the dosh went to Sierra Leone than his lawyers. Which now makes me think there may be something in this after all, because their lawyers will be well aware of his willingness to take them on

fair enough... and he's not had a go about he punch-up story either... it's a murky world and I'm not a fan of prima donna footballers or low-life journos... they're just kind of hard to avoid working where I work and supporting City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.