Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

Why was he allowed to talk so openly to the media hacks like this? I know he said nothing bad about the club but shouldn't contracts have some sort of NDA in them where they can't give this sort of open interview?

Ok first of all the likes of Bellamy, Given, Hart should not be crying off to the press making ultimatums. Its unprofessional, devisive and destabalising for the club.

That said, on paper its almost impossible to leave him out of the squad of 25 with the players we currently have. Even if we sign MArio this would still be the case as hes under 21.

Hes one of only 3 proven prem forwards in the squad currently of any real quality. He was our second best attacking player last season.

He goes we will see pretty quickly how difficult it is to replace 12 - 13 goals and a similar number of assists from the left wing. Just puts an enourmous amount of pressure on the likes of SIlva, Johnson to be pretty much the best left sided attacking players in the league from the get go. With Bellamy at the club if Silva needs a bit of time to settle and get used to the prem no problem we have someone to carry the burden.

Letting him go to the Likes of Spurs for buttons or worse on loan is suicide IMO.

If its true the Mancini hasnt spoke to him for 6 months I just find that very unprofessional regardless of his personality. You have to put this stuff aside and do whats best for the club, if he goes I dont believe that is what has happened.

The Big Irishman said:
Worrying! Another player putting his cards on the table if he does not get his own way.
However, if you look at this from another angle isn't this just Bellamy saying he is desperate to be in the squad. It's not as if he has said if I am not in the squad I will get off to another prem team. From a really optimistic point of view he is worried about the rejection. He is talking 25 man squad not starting 11, surely, any City fan has this man in their 25, what a top player to bring off the bench.
All players set themselves personal goals, if not at City would Bellamy be able to acheive his goals? I very much doubt it. I don't mind what he has come out and said, I don't think it will cause unnecessary unrest in the squad, if anything it will add to the competition and one thing is for sure, Bellamy is a winner and you can't have enough of them.
stop making sensible comments on here please.

wilky2868 said:
The Big Irishman said:
Worrying! Another player putting his cards on the table if he does not get his own way.
However, if you look at this from another angle isn't this just Bellamy saying he is desperate to be in the squad. It's not as if he has said if I am not in the squad I will get off to another prem team. From a really optimistic point of view he is worried about the rejection. He is talking 25 man squad not starting 11, surely, any City fan has this man in their 25, what a top player to bring off the bench.
All players set themselves personal goals, if not at City would Bellamy be able to acheive his goals? I very much doubt it. I don't mind what he has come out and said, I don't think it will cause unnecessary unrest in the squad, if anything it will add to the competition and one thing is for sure, Bellamy is a winner and you can't have enough of them.
stop making sensible comments on here please.
Sorry!! Just want to see him give Ferdinand a load of shit, just one last time!

Bellamy HAS to be in the 25. If he is left out and leaves the club, it will be a poor decision in my eyes. Bellamy would give us another option coming off the bench to change a game if needed.

Bellamy must of had permission to talk to Wolfsburg, so that doesn't fill me with hope for him staying, unless it was part of a proposed move for Dzeko.

macmanson said:
Shaelumstash said:
The f cking hypocrisy on here is an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Bellamy hasn't spoken to Mancini for 6 months, why the f uck is he speaking to Sky Sports News about his future before knocking on Mancini's door?!!!!

If Robinho had behaved like this he would be getting called a spoiled little cnut who's got no respect for the club!!! Going on about how badly club treats people, especially round last xmas, f uck you Bell end!!! You shouldn't be airing this view in the media, it should stay within the club!!! Could you imagine any other player at any other club getting away with this?!

He had a decent season last year but we don't need a disrupting prick like this at the club. He's done it at every single club he's been at, so no one should be suprised.

I've said it once before already though. Mancini uses the media as well where he's dropping hints about player's potentially not being in the 25 man squad. Than Bellamy does it and is a tosser? The example is not bad players like Robinho, the example is being set from the top. This is my biggest gripe with Mancini is that he's constantly putting shit out in the media about how he feels about players. His opinion of a player should never leave the dressing room, let alone appear in quotes in a daily newspaper. Worst man management ever. He had a bad rap at Inter for this exact type of shit.

You know what, I agree with you, i've probably not looked at that angle before but you are right. Mancini is more open with the media than most managers, and this has perhaps set a precendant with the squad to do the same.

I stand by that what Bellamy did was still out of order though, without wanting to sound cliched - 2 wrongs don't make a right. My overriding point on this whole thread remains the same, it is absurd to criticise Robinho and then come out and defend Bellamy. It is the same double standards repeating themselves.

Bellamy is not in our long term plan or future. He is a divisve force at whatever clubs he was at (including a penchant to swing it at his fellow mate).

Look at his SKY interview (already a divisive tool) if he was talking about Wales team and his national performance its a different thing altogether.
But to diss Mancini & City for lack of communique?
Lets not saddle this albatross around Mancini's neck. OK.

We have our masterplan to fulfil.

If I recall Liverpool won CL final without him. Bellamy is not indispensable. His negative attributes and shortcomings far outweigh his contributions!

Look he will not be a happy bunny on the bench. Thats why he was let go from the various clubs IMO.

Bellamy, Mancini, and Manchester City are all victims of this new twenty five man squad rule. It's thrown a massive spanner in the works, listen to any manager and there all complaining about it. This thread has turned into a witch hunt for someone to blame, well know one at City, including Bellamy or Mancini is to blame for this.
And on the subject of Mancini not talking to Bellamy for six months, I cant believe people are taking that so literally!! With my own eyes I've seen them in dialogue during breaks in games, what Bellamy is alluding to, is that Mancini hasn't spoke with him out of football (like having him in the office for a chat, or pulling him to one side at training to have a chat about his future etc).
Bellamy may not know what hid future holds, but he knew exactly what he was doing in that interview, I dont blame him as my first paragraph explains, but its strange how he suddenly comes out so damnigly towards City whilst away on international duty. That interview is basically saying "come and get me". I wish him well wherever he goes, he was great for us, but City should try and sell or loan him to Celtic.

Shaelumstash said:
macmanson said:
I've said it once before already though. Mancini uses the media as well where he's dropping hints about player's potentially not being in the 25 man squad. Than Bellamy does it and is a tosser? The example is not bad players like Robinho, the example is being set from the top. This is my biggest gripe with Mancini is that he's constantly putting shit out in the media about how he feels about players. His opinion of a player should never leave the dressing room, let alone appear in quotes in a daily newspaper. Worst man management ever. He had a bad rap at Inter for this exact type of shit.

You know what, I agree with you, i've probably not looked at that angle before but you are right. Mancini is more open with the media than most managers, and this has perhaps set a precendant with the squad to do the same.

I stand by that what Bellamy did was still out of order though, without wanting to sound cliched - 2 wrongs don't make a right. My overriding point on this whole thread remains the same, it is absurd to criticise Robinho and then come out and defend Bellamy. It is the same double standards repeating themselves.

In all honesty, I think the Robinho thing has to do with him "letting" down the fans. His signing was the first big step the club took towards the top and he became symbolic of that. His subsequent bad performances last season and talking in the press about wanting to play elsewhere came across as a sense of betrayal. I think he's now become a symbol of the "typical city" where even when we have money we can't get it right. He now represents what a lot of fans want to move on from and so I don't think he'll ever have a chance to redeem himself in some fan's eyes.

The whinging twats should all shut the fuck up and get on with it.

They all knew the score when they signed...Bellamy is moaning to SSN like a fucking big girl.It's pathetic.
He's made a fortune and done exactly what he's been paid incredibly well to do.
He jumped from West Ham for what he thought were better prospects and now someone's quite possibly going to replace him at City..that's life mate.

It's getting embarrassing now-if you're in the 25,you're in it.If you're not,tough shit. You've been well paid and you'll no doubt get another enourmous signing on fee somewhere else....stop bitching,grow a pair and stop giving SSN and the twats all Talkshit more ammo to throw at us.

There are people out there losing their £15 grand a year jobs in droves.

These soft,spoiled,ivory-tower dwelling bastards are begining to piss me off big time now.

Someone needs to get a grip of them before any more "England-itis" sets in.

Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.